Chapter 43

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

"Come on Yuri, change your pattern. You're making this too easy."

"Why do I need to train hand-to-hand? I have powers."

"That you can't always rely on."

"Excuse you?"

 

   It's six in the morning and the two of you are in your backyard watching the sunrise. 

   Well. Not really.

 

   You couldn't sleep last night (you still aren't fully trusting your former best friend) and it kept you paranoid. So instead you got online and actually did school work since you have been procrastinating and falling behind. At four you went and showered (accidentally waking up Baekhyun in the process) and finally felt tired enough to go lay down. However, Sophie came in and threw the blankets off you an hour and a half later.

   The night before she taught you basic tactics (some you already knew of) and did light sparring. But ever since she has stepped foot in this house you have been frustrated with her beyond belief. 

   A part of you says that you can't trust her, that you can trust no one, the other says that it's because it's been years since somebody else has stepped foot in your home and you need to calm down. This place was only for you and Christina for nearly six years, if the boys weren't so attached to you it would probably still be uncomfortable.

   Sophie stops and you purposely sigh out loud. You go to sit down in the lawn chair and stare at the colored sky. Looking out of your peripherals, you follow Sophie as she explores around the yard, which you don't why, she's been out here plenty of times.

"Christina doesn't garden as much as she use to." she notes.

"She's getting older Soph', what do you expect?" you say monotonously back.

"Why are you acting like this?"

"Sophie this is who I am now, I have priorities and higher responsibilities."

"Like the boys?" she asks. You don't answer.

   You notice one of lights in the house turn on. Thinking through the plan of the house, you realize it's one of the boys' room. You raise your eyebrow and try to think why one of them would be up this early.

"You really love them don't you?"

"There should be a stronger word for that." is all you answer.

   Wanting to shower for the second time today because of training, you stand up and walk back in the house leaving her behind. Since at least ten more people are still sleeping, you silently open the sliding glass door and walk into the living room. After making your way into the kitchen, you pick out a small cup and fill it up with water. Chugging it, you softly place it in the sink and lightly jog up the stairs.


   Kyungsoo didn't know why he woke up so early this morning, he just did. So kicking one of his brothers off of him, he walks across the room and flips on the light, too tired to care if it would wake anyone. So he set off to use the bathroom. 

   Upon coming out, Kyungsoo stretches his arms and yawns. He goes to turn sideways before freezing in his place.

   You see, on a daily basis Kyungsoo will wake up and do his normal thing. Whenever he stretches, he gets a little shock, kinda like his powers pinching him to wake up. So when he stretches, his 'feelers' you could say expand out of habit. Just like you, he has a form of terra-radar. If he concentrates on a certain area he can feel everything that sends off vibrations when coming into contact with the ground. When he did so he froze and realized that he could feel two people outside.

   Walking down the hallway silently, he reaches one of the windows and looks out. Curiously seeing you and and Sophie outside talking, which you look very annoyed, he shrugs and heads back to the bathroom. After washing his hands he brushes his teeth and hears a weird sound outside in the hallway. Putting away his toothbrush, he slowly walks towards the door. Hearing the weird sound again, he opens the door and stealthily slips back out.

   However, there was nothing in the hall to be seen. Opening up that same window, he cautiously takes a step, prepared to have access to the ground if need be. But he is so confused on why he heard something so strange and saw nothing to cause it.

"Goddess?" he calls out calmly.

   She doesn't answer, nor does anyone else. Contemplating on whether he should wake his brothers up or go find the source itself, he tries to use heightened senses to hear anything out of the ordinary.

   Everyone in the house has a calm heartbeat (when you sleep your heart rate is a lot slower) except for one that is no less than twenty feet from him. Yet there is no one in the hallway to be the source of that heart. Curiously, he walks down the hallway, ready just to forget it all and go to the kitchen. What catches his train of thought was when he crossed the large bookshelf the heartbeat sounded nearer. Only then he realized that someone was in the secret library.

   The problem is that he doesn't know how to open it.

   He begins touching all the books one by one, but that didn't work. He then began pulling all the books out by the spine. It wasn't until he touched a leather bound book all the way on the corner that the bookshelf began to move.. He jumped back surprised as it slid to the right.

"Kyungsoo?"

"Suho?"

   Kyungsoo's brother stood before him in the secret library. Suho motions for him to come in and he obeys. Just as the bookcase slides back, they hear Yuri enter the house.

"What are you doing?"

"I just have a hunch."

"About what?"

"If Sophie knows, why wouldn't her parents know?" Suho asks.

"Well Yuri isn't a demigoddess because of her family, she was raised to divine rank when the pendant found her." Kyungsoo answered.

"But she's Persephone's descendant."

"...You're right."

"So it was in her bloodline but it wasn't activated and she truly wasn't a goddess until us. But don't you think her family would know? Maybe someone down the family tree?"

"I don't understand why you're so interested."

"Think about it. Sophie has the ability of strategy and war tactics. Shortly after her family moved, Yuri's parents were killed."

"Are you suggesting that Sophie killed her parents? That's insane."

"How so?"

"Well, for starters, Sophie had to be a little girl, like really young. And Yuri's parents died a couple years later, not a couple days. Plus Yuri's parents died in a car crash, not in an unsolved murder."

"I think we should still talk to Persephone about this. But until then I'm snooping." Suho declared.

   Kyungsoo finally gave in and started going through all the books in the private library. To him they all seemed like normal books, he didn't find anything that would hint at anything to do with gods or goddesses, or the supernatural whatsoever. The boys both stare at each other frightened once they hear Yuri jogging up the staircase, not realizing until now that they would be busted if Yuri decided to take a trip into the small library.

"Uhm, 'Soo?"

"Yeah?"

"Come look at this."

   Kyungsoo glances over his shoulder. Suho is sitting on the ground with tons of books around him. He is sitting in front of an empty shelf that is on the ground (since the shelves are from ground to ceiling) and is staring intently at the back of it. Kyungsoo stands up and tiptoes his way over. Trying to find out what his brother is staring at, he kneels next to him and is taken back of what he sees.

   The back panel is a false board and there's a keyhole.

"What-"

"We need to get Goddess." Suho informs.


A/N: What do you think it is?