Chapter 5

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

Anxiety built up in your stomach as your house came into view, but somehow the pendant hanging from your neck and the two boys hanging onto your arms made you feel a little bit better. In fact, you didn’t say anything about it because you enjoyed the company. You never really had friends and they were the closest thing to it. The feeling wasn’t a selfish emotion either since Persephone clarified that they felt the same thing.

  Luhan and Kai realized that the house you were all approaching was where you live, and they seemed in awe by it.

 

“Thankfully, I have four open bedrooms that all you guys can stay in. But that means once the rest of your brothers are here, you all have to fit three to a room. But don’t worry, the rooms are decently sized.” you said as you spoke up.

 

“That sounds perfect.” Kai replied with that gosh darn charming smile of his.

 

  Luhan nodded in agreement. Somewhere, deep down in the pit of your stomach, you somehow knew that this was going to be an interesting experience. This did not bother you, what did was the woman on the other side of the front door that you were about to enter.

  Once you were a foot in front of the door, you stopped to turn around and look at the boys.

 

“Okay, don’t mention anything that just happened in the clearing. If you do, she might want to exorcise you or something. I don’t know. So, just be calm and polite. I’ll do most of the talking, alright?”

 

  The boys heads nodded in unison.

 

“Good.”

 

  You took a deep breath and opened the door. Stepping in, you motioned the boys to follow you into the kitchen where you heard pots and pans being washed. Luhan looked a little scared as well and Kai was just staring at everything in your house. Currently, he was looking at the glass chandelier. The three of you finally entered the kitchen with Christina’s backside facing you as she hummed and washed the dishes.

 

“Uhm, Christina? Can I ask you a favor?” you asked.

 

“Sure honey what is- WHO ARE THEY?” she yelped.

 

  Christina was in the middle of the sentence when she turned around and was startled by seeing the young men in the house.

 

“I found them in the street when I was leaving the market. They don’t have a home.”

 

“Honey you can’t just pick up random people off the street!” she exclaimed and eyed the two suspiciously, “What are your names anyways?”

 

“Hello miss, my name is Luhan.” said the one who was only an inch or two taller than you.

 

  After a couple of seconds, Luhan elbowed his younger brother when he didn’t say anything.

 

“Oh, m-my name is Kai. It’s nice to m-meet you.” he said while grinning shyly.

 

“Neither of you have a home?” Christina interrogated.

 

“No ma’am, me and my brother don’t have a home anymore.” responded Luhan.

 

  You had to say, the boys were handling it quite well. Kai may be acting shy, but you could tell that they were both respectful. This pleased you as you began to feel something grow. But what was it? Care? Were you fond of them? You would guess so. It seemed as if there was an ominous connection between you and the two of them.

 

Am I going to feel this way with the rest of the boys? Will they act the same way as them?

 

  Christina was quiet as it seemed as if she was deciding on her answer.

 

“Please Christina? They shouldn’t have to be alone with no shelter.” you begged.

 

  You would get on your knees if you had to. These boys needed to stay with you, they could be a danger to the community, or worse, the community could be a danger to them. And when you pleaded, Christina made an expression that immediately gave you a sigh of relief.

 

“Oh fine, alright. However! I am going to be watching them constantly. You better too. You just never know.” she lectured while wagging her finger at you.

 

“Thank you so so so SO much!” you said as you went and hugged her.

 

  However, it did bother you that she would be keeping an eye out on them 24/7. You understood that if you were in her position, you would too. But you needed to figure out how to do that mind control thingy. She ran her hand through your hair and hugged you back. Leaning in close, she whispered to you.

 

“I wish I had the heart that you do. You surprise me everyday.” she stated at a tone that was inaudible for the boys to hear across the kitchen, or was it?


 

Luhan’s POV

 

  I was beyond worried. My younger brother, that I am responsible for, and I were walking into a house that we had never laid eyes on before. But boy, was it beautiful. I could tell that Kai felt the same way from the look on his face, and from the link that we had with each other. The link we had with the rest of my brothers. We could always tell what each of us were feeling, like waves of emotions sent on a frequency that only you could comprehend. I could tell that Goddess came from a wealthy family.

  But where were the sounds of it?

  Where were the conversations? Where was the arguing? Where was the laughter and the running of footsteps? All the things that I heard on a daily basis with the rest of my brothers, here I heard nothing of that sort, except of a humming coming from what is the kitchen.

  It was just so quiet.

I hope Goddess gets a heads up, because that is definitely going to change. She is definitely going to be in for an awakening when Chanyeol comes.

  I also noticed that Goddess was quite nervous too. I could see it by the expression on her face.

  Finally we entered. In the kitchen was an aging woman with her back facing us. Her hair was dark and graying. Hopefully she was understanding, because I wouldn’t know what else to do. We knew nothing of this place. This society. These people.

The beautiful hypnotizing voice of my goddess shocked me out of my thoughts as she spoke.

 

“Uhm, Christina? Can I ask you a favor?” she asked softly, but at a decibel high enough for her supposed maid to hear.

 

  The maid responded but stopped mid-sentence as she noticed Kai’s and my presence. Goddess made no hesitation to respond.

 

“I found them in the street when I was leaving the market. They don’t have a home.” she replied in a calm voice.

 

  But behind the calmness, I could hear the yearning behind it. I now realized that she truly wanted us. Not until now was I able to accept that she wanted us here. That she was able to accept the responsibility. Even though what she just now said was a lie, it was sincere nonetheless.

 

“Honey, you can’t just pick up random people on the street!” the maid exclaimed.

 

She really cares for Goddess. No one would use a term of endearment while scolding someone unless they did.

  With that, I gained a little respect for the aging woman.

  And then, she glanced at me and Kai was a glint of suspicion in her eyes. It only made me more shaky before she continued.

“What are your names anyways?”

 

  With that, I had to gather all my strength to respond with an even voice.

 

“Hello miss, my name is Luhan.” I said.

 

  I looked over at Kai, but he remained silent instead of introducing himself. I elbowed him and projected into his mind.

“Speak!”

 

“Oh, m-my name is Kai. It’s nice to m-meet you.” Kai answered.

 

“Neither of you have a home?” said the woman.

 

“No ma’am, me and my brother don’t have a home anymore.” I replied.

 

  For a while the maid remained silent, and I know for sure she was thinking it over.

 

“Please Christina? They shouldn’t have to be alone with no shelter.”

 

  I almost smiled. Goddess was basically pleading for us to stay. Even if ‘Christina’ declined, I would be content with the fact that my Goddess was trying. Finally, the maid responded.

 

“Oh fine, alright. However! I am going to be watching them constantly. You better too. You just never know.” she lectured while shaking her finger at the goddess.

 

  The goddess of balance, Keeper of the guardians, was being lectured by a woman who was not blood related to her. It was fascinating. Fascinating to watch the interactions between these two women.

 

“Thank you so so so SO much!”

 

  She actually ran and hugged her. This made me so much more intrigued.

They care so much for each other.

  Before their hug ended, I managed to hear what Christina whispered.

  I couldn’t stop smiling then. Neither could Kai. I knew that he heard as well.

Goddess, I am so happy to be yours.


A/N: Ahhhhh! Don't you just wanna suffocate precious Lulu with hugs and kisses? I feel like the change of POV was needed to keep the reader's attention, (sshhh I did this in AP Government, don't tell on me!) Sorry for the constant font change, I'm trying to see which I like. Which font do you like? What do you think will happen next? Who knows? Thank you for all the subscribers I have, it makes me overjoyed!