Chapter 61

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

"Do you hear that?" you ask.

"Yes I do." Tao replied, standing up from his kneeling position.

   You guys have officially bonded and your heart feels warm and light again. As soon as you draped his chain around his neck, you swore you heard multiple people clapping and cheering- from outside the castle.

"Alas! That must be the citizens in the courtyard, they must really approve of your Sophia." Persephone said cheerfully. 

   You knew the eloquent goddess was going to carry on about your best friend's speech, but you darted out of the room leaving her and Tao behind. As you rampantly made your way through the castle you tried to avoid every presence there. If one of the staff saw you they would rush to your side and ask if you needed help, or worse, a guardian would find you and you would have no way to get them off your back.

  The only thing leading you to your best friend was her voice that was becoming more and more apparent. 

"I am here in the presence of your patroness to confirm the rumors that have been circling as of this afternoon. Yes, the Keeper Yuri, has awakened. She awoke on her own and is in great health..."

   More cheering.

"For me?" you whisper while jogging up the staircase with your jelly-filled legs.

"...Her guardians have shown the upmost loyalty and respect to your goddess and on behalf of the castle we would like to thank you, her patriotic citizens, for helping this grand world raise such strong-willed young men to aid her throughout life...

"Smooth." you snorted out of breath, reaching the top floor finally.

"...I am proud to be her closest friend and we, along with Athena the Wise and Persephone the Dark Queen, will make an appearance in the market this evening. Your patroness is eager to meet you all and take on her duty as a ruler she has so righteously achieved..."

   You stop in the hall outside of the open doorway and your breath is taken from you.

"Whoa." you whisper.

   Sophie looked absolutely powerful. Even though her back was facing you, you could tell by her confident stance that she must look absolutely fearsome from down below. Her armor itself was a statement, and you felt a flourish of pride for her. You take a step forward to join her and nearly jump out of your gown when someone places their hand on your shoulder.

"Not yet, my young majesty." Iroh says calmly.

"Iroh,you scared me!" you whisper, putting a shaky hand over your beating heart.

"...It has been made clear to me that I have to reinforce laws that have been engraved into stone centuries before your goddess arrived..."

"What?" you think out loud.

"My dear, it has been prophesied for generations that you would come one day. They were worshipping your power before you were ever born." Iroh explains in a low voice, and you could tell he was trying to speak and listen at the same time.

"That's crazy." you say in awe.

"...I must remind the public that Yuri and I both are women of justice and equality. That being said, if you wish to approach any god or goddess tonight you must have special permission. You will stay at least twenty steps away from each at all times-"

"Isn't that a little harsh?" you whisper.

"It's for your safety my goddess, we only have the best intentions at heart."

"Then what is the point of me even going?" you ask, a little peeved.

"-and if any wrong-doing is brought upon or near your ruler you will be sent to the dungeon by the Guardians, where military guards will question and do worse if needed..."

"Sophia!" you gasp quietly.

"However, Yuri is a woman of love and mercy. She is peaceful and wishes peace itself throughout her reign. The Terrexian court has approved of the holidays and celebrations which you have all graciously created. Your patroness will be delighted to hear the welcoming she has so longingly yearned for. Today is the beginning of a new era my friends, an era of rebirth and growth. Your demigoddess and I will find joy in meeting every single one of you as your families grow loved and strong throughout the decades. On this day, history has been made. I, Sophia Promachos, the apprentice demigoddess of Athena will now leave you be as the forum starts getting ready for tonight's celebration. Peace be with you all."

   The citizens, your citizens, applauded louder than ever. Pride started to take over all senses and you couldn't help but smile, and Iroh took notice. Taking a step into the doorway to what seemed like a conference room where your best friend gave her speech, someone teleports in. You've never seen him before. 

   He's dressed in armor as well and tries to approach the demigoddess.

"Sophie behind you!" you scream.

   Startled, she turns around swinging out her longsword and you use the adrenaline to turn on your hypnosis and latch onto the mysterious teleporter. He drops to his knees as Iroh advances past you.


"The demigoddess didn't make her speech?" Zeus asked.

"A demigoddess did, but it wasn't her. My apprentice gave the speech today and the kingdom decided to have a festival tonight, in honor of her awakening. I am expected to be there along with Persephone. I encourage others from the parthenon to come as well." Athena replied.

"With what protection?" Hera asked with scoff.

"Her guardians of course. Plus the kingdom's top military."

"What do they call your special apprentice?" Zeus questioned his favorite daughter.

"Sophia Grace Promachos the Elite, of Earth." Athena proudly responded.

"Sophia and Yuri are expected to be presented here by you and Persephone herself, tomorrow morning. We have to tell them what happened...about Earth. They also need to be formally introduced. You will all arrive on time and bow to our kingdom. Hades will have to deal."

"Aye, father." Athena says as she goes to turn around and leave.

"Child." Zeus says in a low voice, making his daughter turn back.

"Yes, my King?"

"You ever try and defy me like our last conversation, I will rain down Tartarus on all worlds you hold dear. Yuri's included. You may be one of the goddesses of war, but you were created from me."

   Athena only glares before disappearing from Mount Olympus.


A/N: Left my computer at my aunts so this is the best I could do for now, I apologize.