Chapter 37

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

"Chanyeol knows?"

"My dear, they are more perceptive than you think."

"I know that I just- I-"

"I would not underestimate your guardians, each one is highly intelligent. Based on how unique they are, they might even be offended if you do so."

"No, I mean- nevermind." you give in.

   Not really knowing what to do, you stand there with a blank expression. This room is sacred. Sacred enough that it was unimaginable that you even let Persephone experience the spiritualistic atmosphere it released. It is unclear, besides the death of your parents, why you feel so violated with knowing and accepting the presence of others in a place that should only be used for you and you alone.

   Such a cherished place like this is almost traumatic for one such as yourself. The library hasn't been abandoned, it never will be, due to the imprint that will forever be engraved into your broken soul. A sanctuary should be untouched, and this is why you are so uncomfortable. This place is the last you have that could have been just between you and your father.

"Yuri, are you ill?" the goddess asks.

"Wha- huh?"

"You were lost in your thoughts dear, is everything alright?" she asks.

"Yes, sorry, I just- I- this is a lot to take in, that's all. I know I have my twelve guardians but sometimes I wish we had more help, know what I mean? I don't like being at the center of everything."

"That is one of your flaws, and one of your better traits as well."

"I don't understand." you say, clearly confused.

   Persephone sighs and wanders over to the wall you entered and lifts the lever that is protruding from one of the bookshelves. The bookshelf slides to the side and reveals a very panicked Chanyeol. In a fighting stance looking like he was hell bent on going into a fight, a flame the size of a softball glowed from his hand. Mouth still agape, he steps in and stares at the shelf walls speechless. Persephone shakes her head before returning to meet your eyes.

"Being too humble, shy, or introverted-"

"I'm all three." you interrupt.

"Woah." Chanyeol whispers from the other side of the room, glancing at all the titles of the books.

"- are disadvantages because you are the goddess of balance. You, essentially and metaphorically, are at the center of everything. You are the core of every existence." the goddess explains.

"Seriously?" you ask dubiously.

"Of course my dear. Yet it acts as a beneficial trait because it expresses how level-headed you are. You weigh your options and are very open-minded. When one has these traits they usually have good morals and they could care less about trying to adapt to a persons' likings or interests. You are a goddess who stays true to yourself and you will come to find that this characteristic is highly important."

"I don't know if I can take on that role Persephone. This all seems like too much for me and I'm in way over my head here. I've nearly died more than twice within the past two weeks." you spill.

"Chill Goddess," Chanyeol interrupts, surprising you, "you're much stronger than you think. You just need time to get yourself together and train."

"Actually!" Persephone pipes up excitedly, earning the stares from you and Chanyeol.

"I think I can send someone to help you out! Oh my, why did I not think of this before? Such a great idea! I must go!" she exclaims.

   Chanyeol raises an eyebrow and shares a confused look with you before glancing back at the goddess. And just like that, she lets out a small laugh as a bright light appears. She disappears into it once you lift your arm to your head to block the rays. The entire room is coated in the fragrance of flowery gardens and fresh rain.

"What in the hell was that?" you say gesturing to where the goddess stood before she poofed out.

   Chanyeol scratches at the back of his head sheepishly and ends up shrugging his shoulders. You shake your head and grab his elbow to force him out of the room.

"Promise me that you won't tell anyone about my library.'' you say. 

"Goddess! There is a package here for you...... well there are a  lot of packages actually." Baekhyun shouts from the first floor.


   Those packages were actually clothes, cell phones, and laptops for the boys. After two hours of explaining everything (most of it was about the internet, which you found out is a lot harder to explain than you originally thought) you went back downstairs and faced Christina. Another hour goes by before all that is settled and it both ended with the both of you feeling uneasy with each other. This is why you didn't want to tell her in the first place. Hiding something from Christina never happens (besides that one time you had a crush on that one boy in school three years ago) and it feels wrong.

   The rest of the night was used basically as a fashion show. You make each boy go try their numerous sets of clothes on (you kind of splurged, but yeah Amazon Prime). You even sat on the couch in the living room and did the twirl gesture thing with your finger everytime they walked in so they would turn around and make sure that everything fitted right and looked okay. Halfway through, Chanyeol would walk in swaying his hips and make girly poses that made you laugh out loud to the point where your lungs hurt. 

   Right there is when you noticed, inside you and from your pendant, that you and your fire guardian clicked. And you liked it.

   Sehun begs for the 'torture of cloths' to end and you finally agree which makes all the other boys pile up on the couch with you, not really caring who they were laying on. Chen farts on everyone and makes you gag as Kai kicks him off the sofa. Literally. Xiumin cracks a joke for the first time since you've met and you accidentally call Lay 'Bae' again before you call it a night. Tomorrow you have to eventually tell everyone about the visit from Persephone , and more importantly, you get to go pick up your two new guardians.

   The boys soon get up and go upstairs and you hear Baekhyun mutter something about getting in the shower. Luhan is last to go and before he does he glances over his shoulder.

"So what's the name of that boy you had a crush on?" he asks.

   You groan and facepalm yourself with a pillow before he laughs and disappears up the staircase.


A/N: So, what do you think is Persephone's idea? :)