Chapter 18

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

   The female bird-like monster was truly amazed. Her master was right all along, the demi-goddess is powerful, but her human body is too weak and she can tell that the girl was having a hard time adjusting.

   But who is she to question Master? She mentally slapped herself for ever thinking such a thing. How could she be this way when he chose her?

    She sat there in the woods and watched the exotians hover over their pathetic weak goddess. She thanked the night for covering her, but she knew that the male she was completely devoted to was the real reason. Even these legendary guardians didn't sense her presence. All thanks to Master, Master was protecting her. Although she clearly saw that it wasn't needed upon looking at that pathetic excuse as a ethereal being.

   This goddess- no, demi-goddess, may be ethereal on the outside. However on the inside, she could see that she was just a despicable little girl who is oblivious to her surroundings.

   She lets out a low chortle before standing up and flapping her wings, disappearing into the night to the male who was the reason she was breathing. 

   Landing at the abandoned church, she pushes open the doors in a dramatic fashion and flaunts her way up to the alter. Upon reaching there, she saw him. Beautiful and perfect. And he saw her.

   Without hesitation she drops to her knees and bows her head. The utmost respect and worship should be given to Master. Master is the reason why she is alive, Master lets her live. Master controls her everything and she hopelessly will always submit to him, because without him, she was nothing. Master controls her every breath. Master controls her every move, every action. 

"Ah you're back," he says with his dark charm, "right on time too. I'm impressed. Now tell me Gloria, what did you find?"


Sehun's POV

   After Kai teleported home with our goddess, I heard a sound. While my older brothers were discussing how to help with one of her abilities, I turn around and face the forest.

"Sehun? What are you looking at?" Luhan asked.

"I don't know, I heard thomething."

"Well this is a forest, there's a lot of animals here."

"No, this is different. It almost thounded like a laugh, I heard it through the wind."

   I look over and see them staring at me.

"I don't hear anything Sehun. Come on, lets go home." Luhan told me, and I know he meant that he tried finding someones mind to listen to that could be in the forest.

"Sehun we all have heightened senses, we would have heard or known if something was there." Xiumin added.

"But mine are better than all of you because of the wind. And I'm telling you that I heard thomething!" I say loudly, raising my hands in the air.

   Their eyes widen towards me. But don't they understand? 

"Sehun you need to calm down, ok-"

"No! Thomething could have been watching her!"

   I wanted to go home, I wanted to go home to her and make sure she's okay. I want to go hold her close and chase her fears away. I want to help her develop her abilities.

"Okay then go look and tell me if you see anything." Xiumin said calmly.

   I roll my eyes and walk silently over to the wooded area, using the wind to mask my steps. Walking through the brush I look around. Walking a couple feet deeper into the woods, something on a bush catches my eye. Then I smell it and almost puke.

"Uh, guys?" I yell out.

   Within seconds they're behind me. I hear Luhan gag from the same smell.

"What the hell is that?" he asks while holding his stomach.

"I honethly have no idea." I answer, pointing to the bush in front of me.

    On the leaves of the bush was something pinkish and bloody. They all take a step closer.

"Is that- is that part of an intestine?" Xiumin chokes out.

"I think so." Luhan answers, pinching his nose to stop the smell.

"Dithguthing." I add.

   I see my oldest brother kneel and look at the ground.

"Then what's this?" he asks.

   He picks up a piece of fabric that looks worn and frayed.

"There's something going on."

"Let's find out what it is." Luhan adds.

"For now we need to go home." I say.

   We all agree and start making our way through the forest.


   One second you were in the field and the next you were in your bed. The only thing that didn't change was you were in Kai's arms the whole time. You finally stopped crying and looked up from his chest.

"Do you feel better?" he asked softly.

   You nod your head.

"Should I go get you somethin' to drink? Water?"

   You nod your head yes at first but then shake your head and grab onto him tighter, if that was even possible.

"Don't go." you whine softly.

   He lets you do so and brings his hand up to caress your face.

"How long has this been happening to you?" he asked just as quiet.

"Six years." you choke out.

   You hear him sigh.

"From now on I'm going to be here. If this happens again, come find me, okay? You're alright, I'm not leaving, my brothers aren't leaving. We're bonded remember? You won't have to fight this alone."

   You never heard Kai be so sentimental towards you. Sure he has his moments, but right now you can definitely sense how much he cares for you. 

   At that time, your bedroom door quietly opens and three of your very handsome guardians step in. You give a weak smile and a thumbs up. They all have a look of concern on their faces and they began to walk towards you.

"Hi guys."

   Luhan jumps onto your bed and hugs you.

"I'm just going to hug you."

   You let out a giggle.

"Yes sir."

"Kai?" Sehun calls to him.

"Yes?"

"We need to talk, it's important."

   You look at the youngest with a questionable look while Luhan squeezes you tighter, trying to take the attention away from the other boys.

What's so important?


A/N: I am SO sorry for taking so long to update, school has been getting in the way Dx

Whataya think about the chapter? I put up a chapter in TDLH (The double life as a heretica) last night btw. Go check it out!

So sorry again, please accept this as a late valentines day present and welcome all new subscribers! Hiya~