Chapter 38

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

"Good Morning." Christina says sharply as you walk into the kitchen the next day.

"G'mornin'." you answer back with a large yawn.

   She quickly glances over her shoulder with you to give you a head-to-toe stare before focusing back on the stove for breakfast. Whatever she was making smelled really good but you don't quite understand why she gave you the I-just-saw-an-alien look.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Not at all. Stayed up to do some online schoolwork. Had a nightmare." you reply.

"Sweetie you haven't had one of those since the boys moved in. Everything okay?" she asks with concern.

"Not when there are minotaurs on the loose and we haven't seen one in awhile." you blab.

   Christina gasps and turns around to face you making you regret what you just said. Telling your parental guardian that you have abilities one day and then telling her mythological creatures exist the next is probably a bad idea.

"Those are real?" she squeaked softly.

"Yes," you sigh, " and since I am the goddess of balance I have to eliminate them with the guardians and blah blah blah."

"Wait just one second young lady," she cuts off, "you're a goddess too?"

"What exactly did the boys tell you?" you questioned.

   Right at that moment, a very gross and sweaty Chen walks into the kitchen and you're wondering if there is ever going to be a day where you will wake up and not be confused.

"Okay, can somebody tell me what is going on?" you call out loud to no one in particular.

"I should be the one asking that." Christina adds with a daze.

   You and Christina both look at each other before turning your heads at the same time to glance at the lightning guardian. His eyes grow wide and he raises his hands in surrender.

"I was just mowing the grass before I walked in on this soap opera." Chen defended.

"Wut?" 

"He woke up early today and asked if there was anything he could do, so I taught him how to mow the lawn." Christina said simply as Chen heads upstairs to get in the shower.

"How do you even know what a soap opera is?" you call upstairs while squinting in confusion.

"I'm innocent!" he shouts back.

"He watches a lot of television."

"How? He just got here!" you answer.

   The conversation continues on and you explain to your maid that they aren't exactly coming after you, they trying to go after the boys and you just happen to get in the way....all the time.

"You didn't fall down the stairs did you?"

"Nope." Kai says as he walks into the kitchen.

"Kai!" 

"What?"

   You facepalm and seriously contemplate on finding a way to stop time so you can process everything that's going on. You don't have time to deal with nonsense today, there's stuff that needs to be done.

"Hey, it's before noon." you say.

"So?" Kai asks.

"You're never up before noon."

"Yeah well maybe I don't like being predictable. Sheesh."


   It's been quite awhile since you've been outside. When your health started to improve you would go get the mail if you had enough energy, but that was still required a lot of effort and motivation. The sun seemed so bright against the light blue sky and it brings a smile to your lips. Today was the day you get to go pick up the next two boys. Then after that there will only be two more and you are honestly so excited by it. You have so many ideas planned for the thirteen of you to do and you wanted the days to pass by even faster.

   You and all the boys were outside laying in the grass. The soft pieces beneath you tickle your skin and it felt right. Everything about the environment around you felt just right.

"Man, what have I been missing out on?" you say out loud.

"Well it's not safe for you to be outside goddess." Xiumin softly says.

"It's not safe for any of us to be outside." Sehun adds.

   The cheery atmosphere soon dies between everyone and not long after you are all back in the house. Since all the guardians were already feeling down you decided to tell them about your visit from Persephone.

"Will the clearing really catch fire?" Lay asked.

"I don't know, anything is possible. It might have just been a metaphor." you answer.

"I think we need to start tracking these minotaurs. We don't know what they have been doing." Chanyeol says.

"We will talk about this later. Let's go up to the library."


"Do you all understand now why this is a very dangerous situation?' Persephone asks.

   The heads around the room nod. Somehow you were able to fit the ten of you in that very small room. Even with Luhan sitting on Sehun and Kai sitting on Chanyeol who's on the floor, it was still pretty cramped and you hope you won't have to do this again. 

"Alright, let's bring in your brothers shall we?" she questions to no one in particular.

   As if magic, all the boys became happier. Your pendant began to hum against your skin, like it knows they're coming. Persephone raises her hands in the air as a black mist behind her forms in the cramped room. At once, all of you tried scooting back so there would be enough room for whoever it was that has been picked to come next.

   Two necklaces appear in Persephone's raised hands as two boys step out from the inky portal. Once they are fully out, she lowers her hands and the portal fades into disappearance. The lighting in the room changes and your guardians whoop and holler as they notice which brothers it is. You giggle as boys are thrown off of laps and they all dog pile onto the two new guardians. You walk up to Persephone and whisper in her ear.

"Who is who?" you ask.

   The boys hear you and they all stand up before Persephone answers you. The boy on the left between Luhan and Sehun had kind eyes, a gentle face, and pale skin. The boy between Chanyeol and Kai was around the same height and he had dark hair with owlish eyes and a heart shaped smile.

"This," she says, "is Suho, your water guardian. And the other is Kyungsoo, your earth guardian. Very helpful to you they'll be"


A/N: Woot woot! More baes have arrived!

Q&A's are open! 

Have ya'll checked out the trailer I made? If not, dooooooo it!

See you later cuties!