Chapter 44

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

"I bet the key is in here though. Let's find that first." Kyungsoo suggested.

"Until Yuri finds out and sends us to the dungeon." Suho answered.

"Ha-ha. Very funny."

   The two heard Yuri pass down the hallway and then a door open and closed. The sun began to rise and shine through the small library, letting the warm rays flow through the room.

"I'm serious. She's probably going to get angry."

"Well I definitely am." sounded throughout the two boys heads.

"Crap." they said in unison.

   There is a knocking at the staircase-slash-door and the two guardians glance at each other. Suho, rolling his eyes, gets up as the bookshelf slides open. In steps Luhan, looking highly annoyed, and staring them down.

"Well hurry up before Yuri walks through again!" Kyungsoo exasperated.


"Maybe Sophie is who she say she is." Kai says.

   Kai, Xiumin, Sehun, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol were all huddled in Kai and Luhans room. Everybody in the house has been tense (besides Christina, who welcomed the girl with open arms) about the current situation.

"Why do you say that? You don't know!" Chanyeol protested.

"Well I mean, what would have been her mission if she was bad? To locate us right? She's been here awhile and nothing has happened." Kai argued.

"She could be trying to kill us, her abilities are meant to hurt people." Xiumin interrupted.

"Not to protect. Like what we are suppose to do." Chanyeol said.

"If she was set out to kill, one of us would be dead already!" Kai exclaims.

"Then what are you thinking? That she got those powers somewhere else?"

"We need to talk to Persephone." Sehun adds.

"She doesn't come until tomorrow." Xiumin says.

"With Kris and Tao." Baekhyun realizes.

"I think we will be stronger once we have everyone. Although I doubt Kris will adapt so easily." Kai grumbles.


"Uh, where is everyone?" Chen asks.

"No clue." Yixing adds.

   At the same time, you walk in and grab an apple off the table. Passing by the boys, you hop up on the kitchen counter and take a bite into the crisp fruit. The boys glance at you and you simply nod in return. Less than a heartbeat later, Sophie enters the house and joins the kitchen as well.

"I didn't what to know where she was." Chen grumbled.

"Oh shut up pretty boy." She bites back.

"Why are you. Still. Here." Yixing snaps.

"Yixing..." you warn, slowly setting the apple down on the marble counter top.

   Sophie and Chen have a staredown as Yixing instinctively moves in front of you protectively. Sophie rolls her eyes and clucks her tongue in annoyance, clearly irritated.

"I'm not going to hurt your goddess, you idiots!" Sophie yells.

"I don't believe you!" Chen shouts.

"I am here to show her. I need to help protect her like I would protect my own goddess!"

"But you're not a guardian..." You say calmly.

"I am a demigoddess who serves my patron goddess," Sophie starts, "and you Yuri. It was destined long before us."


"I think we have been through every single book here." Kyungsoo complained.

"Do you really think they would hide the key in a book though?" Luhan questioned.

"Let alone in the same room." Suho sighed, laying flat on the ground to help his aching back.

"I'm going to be so pissed at you two if the safe ends up being something useless." Luhan groaned.

"Blame Suho." Kyungsoo added.

"I know, for once in my life there's something to blame on him."

"You know I'm still right here!" Suho complained.

"Why did her dad build that safe?" Luhan asked to no one in particular.

"How do you know it was her dad?" Kyungsoo wondered.

   Luhan does the notorious I-read-minds notion and point to his temple, making his brothers roll their eyes at him. Shortly after, they hear Chen's voice echoing throughout the entire house.

"How much you wanna bet that those tiny bolts of electricity are coming out of the tips of his fingers right now?" Suho asked.

   Right after he said the lights flickered in the library and tensed up. They all stared at each other with wide eyes as Kyungsoo slowly rose from where he was sitting.

"Oh yeah he sounds mad."


   Kai, Xiumin, Sehun, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol all heard Chen's voice and the saw the lights flicker in the room they were in too. They stood up immediately and stared at the bedroom door.

"How much do you wanna bet that Sophie is down there with him?" Baekhyun asked.

"I bet those tiny strings of electricity are coming out of his fingers." Chanyeol laughed.

   However, instantly they heard Yuri screaming and glass breaking, making them all hustle out of the room and down the staircase into the kitchen at the traumatizing sight.

   Hundreds of crows were diving into the windows and splattering on the glass that covered the kitchen and the living room. Chen and Yixing pushed Yuri behind the island table and jumped on top of her, protecting her from the bloody windows that are about to shatter. Kai teleports in front of Sophie and poofs her onto the second floor. As he runs back down the stairs the windows shatter, spraying glass and blood everywhere as birds flew in, only to squish against the house walls.

"What isth going on?" Sehun yells, covering his face with his arms.

   All the guardians by now hid behind tables and counters until the mass number of crows stopped flying in. Once the activity died down, everyone stood up and looked around at the bloody floors and walls, littered with dead birds.

"Can someone tell me why the hell this happened?" Yuri demanded.

"Because they know we are here. Because they're coming." Sophie said quickly, trotting down from the second floor.

"What?" everyone shouted.

"The earth is unbalanced!", Sophie complained, "Don't you feel it Yuri? Those creatures are making the earth unbalanced from being here too long. And they're coming!"


A/N: Ooooooh damn.

Was that a cliffhanger I left you with?

Maybe.

Dont kill me


What do you think is going on? What do you think is going to happen?

 

Until then cuties! *waves and heads to bed*