Chapter 7

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

   When you stepped outside, Kai linked his arm with your right arm, and Luhan was holding your left hand.

These are some clingy skinship monsters.

   It didn't bother you though, in fact it actually comforted you. Luhan closed the door behind you three. You crossed the street and got onto that same sidewalk you use everyday for school.

"You think we're bad? Just wait until the rest of my brothers come, they won't keep themselves off of you." Luhan projected towards you with a light cheery voice.

   For some reason, that made you very nervous. You've never really had friends before, and within the next two weeks you'll gain twelve altogether. You looked over at him and he gave you a small smile. The sunset caught Luhan's chain and made the necklace on him sparkle. Suddenly remembering your pendant, you looked down at your abdomen. There it was laying, and you gave yourself a smile as well. You figured you would never get tired of gawking at it, or the feeling it gave you. You were in high spirits.

It's just so beautiful, I don't think I'll ever be able to take it off. That jewelry seller may have just made my life. I can't wait to give Christina her earrings.

   Luhan looked at you again, making you realize he was probably reading your mind thinking you were going to answer him. He squeezed your hand tighter.

"Goddess, what will you be getting us to sleep in?" Kai suddenly asked out of the blue.

"Uhm, pajamas. Ya know, long pants and a shirt?" you answered.

"Can you make them comfortable Goddess?" 

   You giggled from Kai's cuteness.

"Yes Kai, I'll even get the both of you fluffy ones." you said as you winked at him.

"Can they be black Goddess?" Kai asked.

"Anything for you."

"Thank you!"

These boys keep getting cuter and cuter.

   You began to think about the day as the sun settled below the horizon. As twilight started to take over you came to a conclusion that this was probably one of the best days you've had. Reflecting back on the day, you weren't feeling that nervous anymore. Everything happened so fast, but does that really matter? Does it really matter when there are two people here walking next to you? You met these boys only today, and yet you were starting feel responsible for them. You made the decision that, yes, you do care about these boys. And you are definitely open to meeting the rest of them, no matter what life throws at you. People are finally starting to enter your life, and with each passing minute you wanted to hold onto that. You don't want to let that go.

I gained two friends. For a lifetime. I don't have to be alone anymore. Didn't Persephone say that I'm going to spend the rest of my life with them?

   You have never really thought about the future, you thought life just brought empty promises. This 'ancient oracle' that told the story about you seemed like it happened hundreds-maybe even thousands- of years ago. 

So was I destined for this? Was I destined for this life?

"You may or may not have been destined, but either way I'm happy it's you." Luhan projected to you.

   You sighed.

"I love the night." Luhan said out loud.

"So do I." you replied.

"I like the night too, it means I can sleep." Kai said.

"All you ever do is sleep Kai." 

"No I don't!"

"Sure."

   You smiled from hearing the conversation between the boys. Oh yes, you can definitely get use to this. How hard can it be? Sure, there are still a bunch of boys that have yet to come, but they are all within a few years of age. They should be able to handle themselves, right? So it's only going to seem like you have a bunch of friends that follow you wherever you go. Luhan must have heard what you were thinking because he suddenly answered you out loud.

"Yes all twelve of us are really close in age, Kai is the second youngest and I am the second oldest. Even then there are only a few years between us." Luhan said.

"What?" Kai said out of confusion.

   Luhan pointed a finger to his head and smiled at Kai. He then realized that Luhan was reading your mind, he nodded his head in agreement.

"And yes, we are definitely going to follow you wherever you go from now on. You need to be protected so there will always be someone with you when you leave the house." Luhan stated.

"What? Every single time?" you asked.

"Yes, your safety is my- I mean our- priority. You are the reason why we are here." 

"But what if I want to be alone? Like if I get upset and I need to go for a walk or something?"

"Even then someone will have to be with you. You won't be able to negotiate with us either, so don't try it."

I don't think I'm okay with that. That's not really fair, don't I need my privacy?

   You sigh again.

"Alright fine." you were not going to argue with them on their first day here. Suddenly a small voice spoke at the back of your mind, making you realize it was your conscience.

I don't want to start a fight, I don't want to lose them.

   Luhan actually stopped walking, which pulled you back since he was still holding your hand. Kai looked at the both of you with confusion. Luhan let go and put his hands on your shoulders.

"Goddess I will never leave you. My brothers will never leave you. Ever."

"We just got here, why would we leave?" Kai asked.

"Goddess is nervous Kai. Even if we wanted to leave, we couldn't."

"Why wouldn't you be able to leave? If you become that unhappy I won't make you stay." you said.

"I thank you for that, but do you see this?", he lifted his necklace from under his cloth and showed you, "This connects us. You and I have our heartstrings combined. You and Kai have your heartstrings combined. Soon you'll have this bond with all of us. Not even death could separate us, Goddess. If you die, I die with you. If you live and breathe, we will live and breathe next to you. There is no bond stronger than that in this entire universe. We are meant to be with you, and who wouldn't want to be? Don't ever for a second believe that we would regret our fate to be with you." Luhan covered the chain with his clothes again.

   Your eyes started to tear up. No one has ever said something so beautiful to you. 

"No, why are you crying? Don't cry." Kai said as he hugged you for the second time.

"What? No, I'm okay. I'm okay, I'm fine." you said as you wiped your tears and hugged back.

"Gosh Luhan, stop being so mushy." Kai said once he let you go.

   All he did was smile as Kai linked his arms with you again.

"Come on Lulu, let's go. We're almost there." you said as you grabbed his hand.

   He smiled once more and started to walk with you again. Kai began to make mindless conversation about all the things he saw. This is their first time on Earth afterall. A few minutes later you told them to look both ways as you crossed the street. You saw the neon lights on a sign that told you that you have made it to the parking lot of the dollar store.

"Okay guys, once we walk in I don't want to hear anymore talk about what happened today, got it?" you said with a stern face.

   They nodded their heads in agreement. Kai pushed open the door and the three of you walked in.


Well, this is interesting.

   It took over an hour at the store, mainly due to the fact that Kai and Luhan kept bugging you every five seconds.

"Goddess what's this?" Luhan would ask holding a box.

"Lu, that's a slip 'n slde. Put it back."

"But what does it do?"

   You sigh for the umpteenth time.

"When it's hot outside you lay it on the grass. You hook up a water hose to it and you slide on your stomach going down it."

"Doesn't that hurt?"

"No because the water helps you glide."

"Woah can we get it?"

"No."

   Soon as he would walk away Kai would come up to you holding candy or some other type of food.

"No Kai." you warned.

"Aw but why? It looks good."

Oh my god you have got to be kidding me.

   He looked up at you with those beautiful chocolate eyes and his signature little smirk. He took a step closer.

God damn it.

"Fine, but get some for your older brother too." you groaned out in defeat.

"Thank you my beautiful Goddess." he crooned out and winked.

These boys are going to be the death of me.

   Finally, you found pajamas. You got them each a T-shirt and fleece plaid pants, making sure to get black for Kai. You got Luhan's in the color of midnight blue so they wouldn't mix each others up.

They probably don't even know how to do laundry. Maybe that will be their task for when I'm at school tomorrow.

"Okay boys, let's go." you called out into the store.

"Yes Goddess!"

"I'm coming Goddess!"

   You turned around and saw an elderly woman staring at you. Probably because of what Luhan and Kai address you as. You quickly turned around and started speed walking to the front of the store to the register. Within a few moments, the boys found you and got beside you in line. You took the candy from Kai and put in on the counter along with their pajamas. After you paid, Kai and Luhan insisted on holding the plastic bags with one hand and they held onto you with the other. This time, both Luhan and Kai decided to hold your hands.

"Oh crap!" you said suddenly.

   The boys stared at you.

"I forgot to buy boxers!"

"What?" they said in unison.

   You facepalmed. Did they not know what boxers or briefs are? Then the pictures of Kai and Luhan in briefs popped into your mind and you started blushing.

Okay, definitely boxers. No briefs.

"I didn't get you guys underwear!"

   Both of their jaws dropped and the three of you stopped walking. Luhan quickly looked away, you noticed he was blushing as well. Kai then smiled and raised his eyebrow.

Damnit Kai stop that. You flirt.

"I-I'll just get it tomorrow on the way home from school." you said and looked away as well.

"You mean 'we'." Kai said.

"No, I mean myself. You guys are not going to school with me." you stated.

"Yes we are. Didn't you hear what I said earlier? We don't leave your side." Luhan remarked sternly.

"You guys can't just go to my classes! You aren't enrolled!" you exclaimed.

"Well enroll us!" Kai said defensively.

"It doesn't work like that!" you shot back.

"Well make it work!"

"You know what. Let's make a deal." you said as you tried calming yourself down.

"No." they said in unison.

Aish.

"Listen to me, how about this. You walk me to school in the morning. I go to my classes. Later on in the day when school ends you can walk me back home. Sound good?" you were trying to do what Luhan told you not to, and that was negotiating.

"Bu-"

"No, no but's. I don't leave the campus grounds at all throughout my classes. I'm safe with my other school mates. I promise."

   Luhan and Kai looked at each other and started making gestures as if they were conversating with movements. Finally they spoke to you.

"I don't like this." Luhan said.

"I know you don't Lulu. But I'm fine. I've been going to school for 12 years or so. Everything is okay." you reasoned.

"Whatever. But when you're not in school you will be with us regardless." Kai ordered.

"Got it." you nervously smiled and gave them a thumbs up.

   Kai rolled his eyes and grabbed your hand again. Luhan grabbed your other and you began to walk.

   A couple of minutes later you arrived at home with your overprotective bodyguards. It was officially dark out with the moon shining high in the night. Luhan pushed open the door and Kai suprisingly called out into the house.

"Christinaaaaaaa, we're hooooome!"

   You and Luhan looked at the boy with shock.

".....Okay, did you guys get what you need?" Christina called out with hesitation.

"No somebody forgot to buy us underwear!" Kai blurted out.

   Christina then appeared and stared at you with her jaw dropped.

"Haa, uhm, yeah. I'll buy some tomorrow though." you nervously laughed out.

   Still looking shocked, Christina turned around and walked right back through the foyer. Once she left you gave Kai the meanest death glare you could muster and shook him away from you. He smirked and tried putting his arm around your shoulder.

"Kai I suggest you get that limb off me before I tear it off."

   Luhan then began to laugh. You gave him a glare this time and he covered his mouth giggling.

"Aish, fiiine." Kai said as he let go of you.

"Now, the both of you go to your room and change into pajamas. Got it?" you ordered.

"Got it." they said in unison.

   They took up a step towards the staircase and then suddenly smiled at each other.

"Wanna race?" they said in unison again.

   Not a second later they started running up the stairs laughing at each other.

Oh boy.

   You did giggle at how cute they looked though.


A/N: Hey guys! This might be my favorite chapter so far (It took me a couple hours to write since I decided to have a throwback music day. Hope the neighbors don't mind my horrible singing from Christina Aguilera and Pink. Hehee.)

What are your thoughts? Aren't they adorable?

Fact of the day: Did you know I share my birthday with Chanyeol?

Yup! Cool right? (Our birthday fell on Thanksgiving last year)

I might update tomorrow since I'm in a good mood (blame the music)

Is there anything you want to see next? See ya!