Chapter 17

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

   You thought that having two more brothers here wouldn't be that hard. Boy you were wrong.

   Dinner was delicious and everyone loved it, and thankfully Christina acted like it was just another ordinary day. Since she made so much of it, all of us were able to have seconds, and of course the boys had thirds and even fourths. 

   Now the four boys are with you in your bedroom while Christina is downstairs washing dishes. 

"Guys let's sit in a circle." you suggest.

"Why?" Kai and Sehun asks.

"Because we are going to play the ice breaker game."

"Huh?" Luhan asks.

"One by one we are going to go around the circle and say something about ourselves. It will be fun."

   They finally agreed and you all sat in a circle on your bed. Kai took the initiative to make sure that he got to sit next to you, so he was on your right. Next to him was Xiumin, then Luhan, then Sehun who was sitting next to you on your left. While explaining the rules, Sehun made no hesitation to pull you onto his lap. You turn your head over your shoulder to see that his face was less than five inches from yours. You turn your head back quickly to face front and you felt him wrap his arms around you.

   You don't know why, but the feeling was unreal. You've always wanted a boy to treat you this way, to treat you so well. And here you are sitting on the lap of a boy with three more watching you. You reached down to touch your pendant and was comforted with the feeling of love. Luhan noticed and smiled at you.

"Okay, I'll start. Uhmmmmm...... my favorite drinks are Dr. Pepper and sweet tea. I could live off that sugary stuff." you say with a goofy smile.

"I'll go next," Kai says, "when I first got here I thought we were going to live in a castle."

"What?" you say with a giggle.

"Yeah! Thats what we lived in originally, I didn't know any better. And then we come to this world and there's all this technology and modern housing. I think your house is very nice Goddess."

"Aw thank you Kai. I like the way the house looks too, it's so welcoming."

   He gives you a child-like smile before you point at Xiumin, indicating that it's his turn.

"Uh well, I like making up games for all of us to play back home."

This boy is too cute.

"Really? Well maybe we can do that here sometime if you want, sounds like fun. Speaking of which, do you guys wanna go sparring tomorrow?"

"Yeah!" they all say

"Cool. Lets do it."

   As we went around the circle you found out that Luhan likes to use his telekinesis and pull out chairs from underneath his brothers while they're sitting down. Then you found out that Sehun likes to prank his older brother Baekhyun with Tao and Kai.

"Goddith?" Sehun whispered into your ear.

   You look over your shoulder to look at him since you're still on his lap.

"Can we go tonight? I'd like to show you what I can do." he said softly.

"Sehun it's late, and Luhan won't agree to it. He doesn't even want me out at sunset."

"But you'll have me."

"I know hun but still."

 I look over at Luhan and he catches my stare. He tilts his head in question and then looks at his youngest brother. 

Overprotective Luhan mode ready to activate in 3.......2......1-

"Are you stupid Sehun!!!" Luhan shouts.

   Kai and Xiumin jump in reaction.

"Get out of my head! I was going to ask you!" Sehun shot back.

"No!"

"But what if all of us come with!"

"Still-"

"She'll be safe with us, that's why we're here in the first place!" 

"I have no idea what's going on..." Xiumin says to Kai.

"Are we taking her somewhere?" Kai asks.

"No. we're not." Luhan says firmly.

"Lu, Sehun's right, you have to admit it. You can't expect to lock me up in the house every night. I'll be with the four of you, you're my protectors." you tried to reason.

"I don't know..."

"Pleeeeeeease Lulu?"

   He gives you another look and you get off of Sehun and walk over to him. Then you get on your knees and hug him really tight.

"Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? I trust you." you beg.

   You hear him sigh.

"Fine. Only for a hour."

"Yes! Thank you Lulu." you say, hugging him tighter and then ruffling his hair.


   Less than a hour later the five of you had snuck out the house and made it to the clearing. Xiumin and Sehun showed you how their powers worked and you constantly asked Xiumin to make it lightly snow everywhere you walked. Which was uber cool because you had this little mist cloud that followed you around. Xiumin explained that he pulls water molecules out of the air and freezes them to a certain temperature, thus creating your tiny snow maker.

"Wow Xiuxiu, I have now promoted you to the most awesome." you said.

   Xiumin flushes at his new nickname, causing your smile to grow wider. After a few minutes, it was decided that Luhan and Sehun would be on a team and they would be against Xiumin and Kai. You were ordered (by Luhan because he's almost as protective as Sehun is possessive with you) to stay in the clearing and see if you could tap into your abilities some more.

   Directly in the middle of the clearing, you sat down meditation-style as your little snow cloud began to disappear. You closed your eyes and tried to open your senses. In the distance you heard a laugh that could only belong to Kai, and you smile. Taking a deep breath, you straighten your back and listen.

   You listen to the soft air give a gentle howl through the tree branches. A couple hundred feet away, you listen to an owl quietly cooing. You hear the ruffle of the leaves and you hear the chirps of crickets hiding underneath the thin blades of grass.

   And just like that you felt something in your mind click. You began to feel your pendant give off a subtle burst of warmth. The only way you could describe it is if your brain felt unlocked. Every thought you had flowed

   Snapping your eyes open, you gasp.

   There was just so much detail. You could see the veins and patterns on each individual leaf. The sky became sharper, even with the ominous overcast of clouds. You could make out the little insects crawling on the bark of trees. Nocturnal animals were no longer hidden by the greenery of nature. 

Is that all I had to do? Meditate?

   You close your eyes again, eager to see what else you could do. Finding the pulse of your heart, you follow the steady beat within you until it travels to your head. Instead of letting yourself get pulled into the magnetic area where you know would open up your hypnosis, you instead tried looking elsewhere.

   It took a little while, but you finally discovered something. The only way explainable to understand it was as if a part of you felt alive. Closely following a pulse in one of your veins, you ease your way to that part of the mind. This area of your mind felt like it had its own rhythm of a heartbeat. Intrigued and slightly confused, you latch yourself onto it.

   You jump, opening up your eyes once more. Standing up, you wrap your arms around yourself and begin to panic.

   The ground was alive.

   It has its own heartbeat and it's freaking you out. This pulse was different from yours. Yes, it was steady, but it resembled more of a 'low growl' of a beat instead of a 'pump' like a person's.

   The earth isn't moving, but under your feet it feels like it is. Your breathing goes rapid. You feel unstable.

LUHAN!

  You scream into your thoughts and place your hands over your ears, trying to stop feeling and hearing the earth's pulse. The growling heartbeat won't stop. You scream to Luhan in your thoughts, you scream out loud for anyone to hear you. You feel yourself begin to have a panic attack.

"YURI!" you hear a yell.

   Looking up you see Kai. He teleported around thirty feet away from you and was running to your direction.

   Reaching you, he wraps his arms around you.

"Baby what's wrong, the rest of them are coming. What's going on?"

   You're crying and your heartbeat is going out of control. You cling to him and choke on air.

"P-p-panic A-t-ttack." you say shakily between your sobs.

"Hey its me, it's Kai, I got you, it's okay."

   At once, Luhan runs out, trees literally bending out of his way from his telekinesis. Following him is Xiumin and Sehun. At this point your knees go weak and Kai slowly lowers himself onto the ground with you. He pulls you onto his lap, cradling you.

"She's having a panic attack, like Chen does. I don't know what to do." 

   Xiumin pushes past the others and kneels onto the ground in front of you.

"Goddess, look at me." he says calmly.

   You slowly look up from Kai's chest with your hands still over your ears.

"Make it stop." you cry out.

"Honey, make what stop? You need to tell me so I can fix it." Xiumin said soothingly.

"The earth.......beating......alive..." you say between broken sobs and choking breaths.

"." Sehun mutters.

"Okay," Xiumin says, "Luhan, get into her head and see if you can 'hear' what she's talking about. Goddess- hey, look at me- you need to breathe to keep your heart rate down. Breathe."

   Luhan taps into your mind.

"Do you think it's what D.O has? He thaid the thame thing." Sehun says.

"It is. I see why she's freaking out." Luhan respods, staring at the ground with bewildered eyes.

"Make it stop." you said almost in whisper. Your crying becomes more quiet.

"You need to undo what you did when this happened, can you do that for me?" Xiumin said softly.

   You nod your head and close your eyes. You quickly try to find the part in your mind and disconnect yourself from it. Once you did, the silence that replaced the beating was deafening. You start to shake.

   Kai hugs you closer as everyone notices that you are finally calming down.

"There we go. See? I'm still here, it's going to be okay." he softly crooned. You refuse to move from the ground.

"Kai? Take her home. We'll be on our way." Luhan orders.

   He complies and both of you disperse in the night.


A/N: Awwwh I'm sowwy for doing that to ya'll :(

and again I apologize for taking so long to update. I've been sick and school .

I just put up the next chapter of The Double Life of a Heretica last night.

BTW!

Thank you to MISCharacter, deerhan928, mishhinggyuu, chiisanae, japankoreachina, gaianerd, anapadilla, wynter, vanesagermanotta, Nerd-and-Fangirl, and Ainizzamani for upvoting this story! It means soooo much to me, thanks cuties!

So what do you think is happening? Let me know if you're confused and/or have questions!