Chapter 66

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

   As another hour passes, Kai and Sehun join your little group as Iroh left since you embarrased him. You were all gathered outside a booth that had a small dining area. After five minutes of resisting, the manager of the small restaurant finally made you agree to sitting in a more 'comfortable' chair that was 'fit for a queen goddess', the kindness of others has been driving you crazy all night. It is hard to say no to them, but you have been trying to express that you shouldn't be treated with favorbility. 

"I'm definitely not a queen sir, I'm not even a full goddess. I'm human, just like you."

"Yes but demi-goddesses should be treated as such." the kind man stated.

"Honestly Yuri, let the man spoil you." Xiumin says as he walks over.

"I'm on Yuri's side, that's my job." Sehun adds smugly. 

   You don't catch Kai elbowing him in the stomach, you were too busy looking out to the crowd of people passing by. Haneul tries to speak to you and then looks in the same direction as you when she realizes you aren't listening. A voice above others pierced through the crowd as the citizens quieted down. You stood up, alarming the others by your side. Thinking something is wrong, they put you inside a block formation along with Haneul and Sungkyu behind you. Not understanding what's going on, they freeze in panic. You clearly make out Iroh's voice.

"I need Goddess Yuri or Kai on top of the stage immediately, I repeat-" 

   Before you can finish hearing what he has to say, you're on stage standing next to him with Kai holding your wrist. You jump from being startled. He must have come up from behind and teleported you.

"What's going on?" Kai demands.

"Is he here? Did Keres find us?" you worry.

"No my goddess, but you need to come to the castle right now before there is another Olympic war."

"What?"

   Off in the distance, you see Luhan look up at Kai from the crowd and Kai nods his head. You can bet that Luhan is sending the message to the rest of the boys to head back to the castle.

"Someone should teleport with me and Yuri. Iroh?" 

"Just go Kai, I need to make sure everyone here knows what's going on. I'll continue the festival but I have to tell them you had to leave. I can say that you have an important meeting to attend."

"Thank you Iroh. Where is Persephone? Someone needs to let Sophie know."

Persephone, Athena, and Sophia are all in the castle. You need to go now.

   You roll your eyes, clearly inform Luhan that you're still upset with him, and then reach for Kai's hand. Sehun races up before you leave and chooses to join you. The crowd gasps as the three of you disappear before their eyes. The only time they have witnessed abilities is when they got to go see the guardians fight at the harvest fair every year.


"It is I who has been generous with time. You must obey your king!"

"The only king I obey is my husband and you were informed that the meeting will be on his terms!"

   Kai had the three of you teleported right inside the large double front doors. Persephone sounds enraged and you hear the voice of a man with a very gruff tone. He too sounds angry. You begin to head in the direction you hear the commotion from but Sehun puts a hand at your stomach to stop you. Sophie emerges and pays no attention to you, she's too busy ushering staff out of the atrium and she seems worried.

"What's going on?" you whisper.

"Yuri, this might be a good time to turn your abilities on." Kai murmurs.

   They watch you clap your hands together in a praying position as you close your eyes. You synch your heart rate and let out a slow breath. The fear of what you hear and what Iroh mentioned about a war made every orifice on head your glow. Every single ability is locked in and everything silenced throughout the castle. It's so eerie that someone could hear a pin drop, and it scares the two guardians even more because it means whoever is hear senses you.

   The ability you have that maps out vibrations as a blue print shows your mind that there are four people in the atrium. You sense power in all of them. 

"Gods." you whistle.

"What?"

    Dragging them along with you, you make your grand entrance into the main lobby area. Persephone and Athena stood at each other sides with a man opposing them. Apollo is standing respectfully behind the man.

"Yuri, at my side. Now." Persephone practically snarls.

   You feel it in your stomach the balance of emotions tilting. Knowing better than to cower, you confidently march to her and face the tall burly man.

"She looks more human than Olympian." he says.

"Because I am not an Olympian," you assert, "I am a demigoddess, I am not part of the main twelve and I am descended of the Queen of Darkness. You have no right to threaten her."

   The man scowls and Kai and Sehun stand protectively in front of you, yet they still seem nervous. They know if you order them to fight, they will have to obey as a birthright. How is that even a right to begin with?

"You will bow before your King." he growls, and you swear his beard glimmers in the moonlight from the windows. The fires of the lit candles around the room dance in his eyes. 

"My King is Hades, Ruler of the Underworld and Persephone is my queen."

"Yuri." Athena chides.

"What? He is obviously threatening us!" you mention, gesturing towards the man. You already have to deal with one villain, you don't want to deal with another.

"Yuri, this is my father." she adds softly.

   You your head to the side. And then it hits you.

"Holy . Zeus?" you gasp. 

   Fear races throughout Kai's body language and Sehun actually smirks. The doors loudly open and you hear pairs of feet making their way towards you. Reassurance flows through your chest and you almost release a sigh of relief. Even though he is Zeus, you can tell that he isn't all too benevolent and kind. History talks about myths where the gods fought against each other and you start to realize that maybe all myths are true, they just have alterations sprinkled throughout them. So you hide any reaction you can control because unfortunately, Zeus might be able to force you to do things. He is the winner of the gods afterall.

"She must accept her rule and accept my rule over hers."

"She has a choice to accept whoever she wants."

   The familiar voice resonates off of the stone castle walls. Hades puts a comforting hand on your shoulder and you can't help but smile. The god who is supposed to have no emotion, a god who is supposed to be evil and mischevious, the one who all others fear. Here you are, a favorite subject of the almighty dark king, and you secretly love it. 

"Oh great, a party. Might as well invite Poseidon at this point." Sophie retorts, walking back in with the rest of the boys.

"The two of you claim to be mentors of these ...children, and yet they disobey and ridicule the parthenon!"

   The remaining ten guardians spread themselves throughout the area, but in a strategical position you note. They are all within very close range to you, Athena, Persephone, Hades, and Sophie, but they are also scattered to mask their underlying intentions should something go wrong. Tao isn't though and it takes you a second to realize why. The man can alter time, range isn't an issue for him, he completes the camouflage. Tao winks at you, following your facial expressions. Zeus must know who the guardians are, but he doesn't know them personally. 

"The only reason why an assumption would be made about them being in debt to you is because they are ethereal. They are not in your parthenon. They are not apprentices. They are not even subjects to your wife. You do not have a hold on them besides your rank. Do remember that, brother." Hades says all too calmly.

"Where is the other human who runs things here?" Zeus interrupts, clearly changing the subject.

"Controlling the festival outside. Iroh is no slave to you. He had his life devoted to Yuri, he is part of her people. This is her land of rule, not yours. Is there a real reason for this meeting or are you meddling your thumbs in to grip around her neck? What is it that you want Father? She is no danger to you." Athena sternly tries to compromise. You can hear the hidden disgust underneath her visualized calm exterior. 

"No danger? Do you believe, daughter, that she is harmless? She waltzes in, expressing her full armor of abilities with these mercenaries-"

"They are my guardians and this is my castle." you cut in.

"-after they massacred an entire planet as a retaliation. She is not harmless, she is a human who does not own the responsibility of anything more."

"What?" you ask.

"Father!" Apollo barks.

   Your eyes go wide in fear. 

"Oh no." Luhan voices, his eyes racing back and forth, a sign of him using his ability. 

"Massacre? We controlled the damage! We left so Keres wouldn't bother! We stopped him from taking over my hometown!" you defended.

   Zeus looks at you directly. The smile that appears on his face will never be forgotten in your memory. He starts laughing, a bitter chuckle that sounds venemous to the ears. His laugh deepens.

"Controlled? My dear child, he never left! Your home is devastated."

"What do you mean?"

"You, that maid of yours, and my daughters' apprentice are the only earth-humans alive. Keres has killed everyone on your world, and you let him stay. You are the reason of the extinction of your race."


 

A/N: So I mentioned a couple months ago that after this story is finished I will be going back and editing. It won't be consistent, and yes it may alter the storyline, but only a tad. After each chapter is edited I will label it in the chapter title so no one is confused.