Chapter 9

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

Bbbbrrrrrrrring!

   The alarm goes off. The day is slowly getting lighter outside and rays are reflecting off your bedroom walls from the rising sun. It takes you a little while to wake up and register that your phone is going off. You stick your arm out to try and get it. Your fingers trail over the bedside table until you feel the phone. You grab it and hold it up as you look at the screen. You unlock it and turn off the alarm, then you doze off back into sleep.

   Meanwhile, a boy with a sleepy grin and messy dark hair peeps his head around the corner into your room. He sees that you are curled up onto one side of the bed against the wall. He looks at the fine features of your face. Slowly, he walks over and climbs onto the bed. On all fours, he crawls until he is a few inches in front of your face. He smiles and stares at your small lips and tiny nose. 

"Goddess."

   You groan a little.

"Come on sleepy head get up."

   You don't reply. He decides to rub his nose against yours. Wondering what the weird feeling is you open your eyes.

   And see a boy less than two inches from your face.

   So what do you do?

   Scream and jump backwards of course.

   You jump so fast that you crack your head against the wall.

"Ow what the hell Kai!" you shout in his face.

   He starts to crack up.

"Goodmorning little goddess." he says while doing that damn wink again.

"Get. Off. Now." you snarl.

"But your bed is so commmmmfyyyy."

   He lays on his stomach and starts to roll around.

Kai I am literally going to kill you.

"What's going on in there?" you hear Luhan say as he opens the door.

   He walks in and stops. He sees his brother on your bed tangled up in the blankets and you huddled in a corner. With a very pissed off look on your face. His eyes go wide.

"KAI WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN A GIRLS BED?"

"YEAH KAI GET OFF MY DAMN BED."

   Kai chuckles and you pick up your pillow and start beating him with it. He tries to roll around and avoid it until you decide to get up on your knees and you repeatedly hit his head.

"Why. are. you. in. my. BED!"

   From underneath the pillow that's hitting his head he tries to yell out.

"I...was...going...to...wake...you...UP!"

"WELL YOU DID A GOOD JOB"

"KAI GET OFF OF HER!"

   Luhan notices that Kai doesn't listen. As usual. He groans and walks over and climbs up on the bed. He wraps his arms around Kai's neck and tugs backwards. It quickly turns into a wrestling match, and you're just sitting there crossing your arms. So now there are two boys in the same bed as you and it looks like they are both having fun with it.

"You know what? Fine! I'm getting in the shower!" You get up and walk to your closet and pick out dark gray sweatpants, a black t-shirt, and a black zip up. By this time both of your guardians are giggling and Luhan is laying on Kai with him in a headlock. You roll your eyes and leave the room.


  Twenty minutes later you are out of the shower with a towel wrapped around your body and your hair. You wipe the mirror with your hands to glance at yourself in the mirror. You see the bags under your eyes. You partially open the bathroom door, noticing all the steam leaving the room. You call out into the house.

"There better not be anybody in my room!"

   As if on cue, both responded with "We aren't!" and you sighed. It sounded like their voices came from downstairs in the kitchen. Looking both ways real quick, you dash out of the bathroom into your room and shut the door.

Wait, Luhan is going to teach me how to do the mind thingy today, right?

   You start to put on your clothes when you hear a voice enter your mind.

"Yes I am. We will start once you are out of school, okay?"

We should get you guys some clothes first.

"Okay, sounds good to me."

   You smile at the thought that you could talk to Luhan whenever.

Hey Lulu, how long is the distance range?

"For me to hear your thoughts?"

Yeah.

"Couple of miles if I tune into your mind. Yes, that means we can talk when you're in school."

Sweet!

"Yeah it makes me feel better that I can too."

   You hurry up to dress and rush down the stairs. Having a long day with a deep sleep made you hungry to the point where your stomach was making growling noises. You walk into the kitchen to see two smiling boys and a very confused maid. You also notice a plate of pancakes and bacon on the table waiting. You give a goofy grin and waltz over to plop down in your seat.

"Let me know if you want some more." Christina says.

"Thanks, but I don't think I will." you respond by looking at the stack of food in front of you, because holy crap it smells so good.

"That's good because these boys here are savages."

"Huh?"

"I may have eaten eleven pancakes give or take..." Kai says behind his glass of apple juice.

"Kai!'

   He sets his glass down.

"Give or take!"

"And why do you have my apple juice!"

"I'm allowed to have apple juice!"

   You groan and look at Luhan. He still looks a little tired and his curly hair is in disarray. He sheepishly smiles and looks away from you.

"Lulu."

"Yes?"

"How many did you have?"

"....eight..."

"Luhan!"

"I'm hungry!"

"Oh my god you guys."

   You shake your head and jab a fork into a pancake. The kitchen got silent for while while you ate. Hopefully the boys thanked Christina for making so much food. You began to think about classes and if you finished all your homework. Realizing you did it all in study hall, you mentally sighed in relief. There was no way you could have done homework with all the craziness that happened yesterday. Still thinking about the day ahead, you were halfway through your meal. Luhan got up to wash his hands in the sink while Kai just stared at you. 

"How are these boys going to walk you to school if they are still in pajamas?" Christina spoke.

"They're not gonna walk with me."

"Yes we are!" Kai says as he bangs his fist on the counter top

"No. You're not." you say sternly.

"You told us we could." Luhan interjects quietly.

"You can't walk me to school in pajamas!"

"I don't care what people think!" Kai says as his voice starts to raise.

"I can take care of myself!" you start to yell.

   Kai glares at you. He pushes his chair back and quickly rises from it. He gives you another pissed off look and then leaves the room. You hear him go upstairs and slam the door with a loud bang! You place your fork on the plate, not feeling that hungry anymore. Luhan and Christina are just looking at you.

"Don't get to worked up Goddess. He will get over it eventually." Luhan sighed.

"I still don't understand why this is a big deal. I do this daily."

"He cares, that's all."

   You continue to talk with him as Christina leaves and goes to the living room (probably to clean). Luhan leans his back against the kitchen sink while you are still seated.

"How? We've known each other for a day."

"I care too." he says in almost a whisper.

   That immediately catches your attention. You began to feel like an idiot. You know these boys were sent here to protect you, you just don't know from what. Yet again you remind yourself that they had to be taken away from their home to be here with you. Guilt creeps in and starts to constrict your chest. Then again it's hard for you to be close to someone, with the exception of your maid because she is all you have left. Everybody leaves you. You can't take that pain, it's too much to bear. But you know you are still the one at fault.

"I'm sorry, it's just so hard." you whisper back.

"I know, but maybe you should go tell him that."

   You look up at the ceiling. You know that Kai and Luhan's bedroom is right above your head. You stand up and hang your head. This was something you did not want to do. 

"You may have only known about us, of us, since yesterday, but we have been training our whole life to meet and take care of you. We are just trying to fufill what was meant for us. We need you just as much."

   His words almost brings tears to your eyes. It feels like a double-edged sword in the gut. It is sweet, but it tells you that you definitely messed up. There was no way you were going to scold Luhan for saying that because you knew in your heart his words are true. In another day or so two more are going to come and you are going to have to get over it. This time you scolded yourself. You always wanted more people in your life and finally these boys are practically gifted to you. How could you be so ungrateful? You take a deep breath and start heading up the stairs, it's better to just get it done with.

   At the top, you slowly pace yourself to their bedroom door. You stop for a second to try and figure out what you're going to say. Remaining calm, you call to him.

"Kai?" you say as you knock softly.

   You hear nothing.

"May I please come in?"

   You hear shuffling and the door opens slowly. You meet face to face with him, but before you can say anything he turns around to go to his bed. He lies on his back and gazes at the ceiling with his arms behind his head.

   You saw the look in his eyes. You hurt his feelings. You know you did. 

Why am I such a stupid selfish ?

   You take one step at a time to get closer to the boy. His gaze never falters.

"Can I sit next to you?"

   Still nothing.

And why am I such a emotional rollercoaster in the morning?

   Slowly sitting down on his bed you watch him to see any reactions. You clear your throat and inch your hand closer to him. He doesn't move away from you so you lightly place your hand on his knee. Only then does he turn his head to look at you.

"I'm sorry." you say.

   He blinks at you.

"I over reacted. You gave up practically everything to be sent here and I won't even let you leave the house with me."

   He inhales slowly as if he is about to say something.

"Kai, do you want to walk me to school? I'd be happier if you came with."

   He exhales just as slow and speaks in a monotonous, emotionless voice.

"I didn't give up everything. But I gave up enough."

   Kai sits up and places his hand on yours that is still resting on your knee.

"Are you embarrassed to be seen with me?" he asks softly, in a pained voice

   Your eyes grow wide. Is that what he truly thinks?

"What? No, not at all! I just- it's that- people don't walk around outside in PJ's! A-and I don't want you to be made fun of. Honestly Kai, I'm not embarrassed because of you. At all. I just have to get use to you and Luhan being here, Okay?"

   It was at least ten seconds before he calmly nods his head. You take in another breath.

Okay okay. Teleporter boy doesn't hate me. Good.

"Goddess?"

"Yes Kai?"

"Can I hug you?" he asks in the most sincere voice you probably have ever heard.

"You never have to ask. Come here." you reach your arms out towards him.

   He moves swiftly to where he almost startles you. He grabs you in a strong embrace as you still are both on his bed. He buries his face in your neck and breathes steadily. You use one hand to run your fingers through his hair, you realized last night that when you do that it calms him down. His hair is soft and fluffy against his toned skin.

"Yes, I'll come with you." he says, coming out in a muffle from speaking into your shoulder

"Great." you whisper.

   He pulls back, letting go of you. His face shows a small smile that makes your heart go racing.

"It's time to go my Goddess" Luhan projects to you still in the kitchen.

Thanks Lu, both of us are coming.

"Alright bed monster, let's go." 


   As you dash down the stairs you catch sight of Christina and tug on her arms.

"Can you,uh, like teach the boys when they get back to do laundry and how to work a shower and stuff?" you babble out quickly.

   She just stares at you with shock.

"Please? Thank you so much." 

   And with that you take off dashing to the kitchen to grab Luhan. Christina doesn't move, she raises her eyebrow and shakes her head. Kai is right behind you.

"I can't be late, c'mon."

   While you grab your backpack Luhan is opening the door and Kai is already outside. Once you leave Luhan moves to be on your left and Kai moves to be on your right, just like yesterday. You smile and stick your hands out towards the boys. Without hesitation they slip their hands into yours as you begin to cross the street.

   Walking to your school has never made you happy. It's school, you hate it. But the way there is a lot more enjoying with two very handsome boys wrapped around you. Your two guardians began to make conversation with each other. The current topic is them guessing which two of their brothers are going to arrive next.

"I hope it's Tao and Sehun. That would be so great." Kai says.

"No way, I am not watching over the three youngest on my own." Luhan replies.

   You quickly come to the decision that them coming with you was a good idea after all, even if they are in plaid fluffy pajamas. Plus, you find their bickering very cute.

"Come on, you know it would be fun!"

   It convinces you even more since you get to look at their messy hair and beautiful faces.

"Maybe for you. I'll end up pulling all my hair out."

"We aren't that bad."

"Sure, whatever you say. I want Xiumin to come next."

"The other goddess said that the boys are chosen at random though."

   You smile at the fact that Kai refers to Persephone as the 'other goddess'. You begin to swing your arms back and forth with theirs while they continue to talk.

"Yeah, I wonder what rooms they will pick."

"Tao will obviously room with Kris."

"Sehun should room with us!"

"No."

   Staring out at the sidewalk and the street you don't see any people are cars passing through. About fifty feet in front of you a squirrel runs across and dodges into the thick greenery of the woods.

"Fine. Can we have Baekhyun then?"

"Are you kidding me? No!"

"Why not?"

"Because he is just as loud and you know he will want to be roomed with Chanyeol."

   While staring at the landscape before you, you try and take in all these names that the boys were spouting off. It's going to be hard remembering who is who. Twelve boys living under one roof is a lot. Then you start to think about how trashed the house is going to get.

Aigoo. I'm gonna have to clean everyday for hours.

"True. I bet D.O will help Christina cook."

"Oh yeah, definitely."

"You have a brother who likes to cook?" you ask.

   You are making your way through the forest at this point. The beautiful green and pink trees tower over you as the early morning sun struggles to peep through. You take in a generous big breath. The smell of pine and flowers start to warm your senses.

"Yeah, he likes to clean too."

Oh thank god.

   So far you have heard -how many? - around eight or nine names. You decide that when they all start to live with you that there is going to be assigned chores. You are not going to pick up after a dozen boys, that's madness. The rest of the way there you kept getting metal images of your house being a mess.

   Soon you reached the clearing. You looked over at the spot where Persephone was standing just a day ago.

Am I really the goddess of balance?

   You started getting flashbacks of lessons about the Greek and Roman gods and goddesses. You don't remember learning of a goddess who controls balance. Yet you don't remember learning about an ancient oracle that forsees you becoming a part of their parthenon.

"That's because you aren't suppose to be part of the Greek Parthenon." Luhan says suddenly.

"Are you ever gonna stop reading her mind without permission?" Kai says.

"She doesn't mind it. She also likes it when we talk about our brothers."

"You do?"

"Yeah." you reply shyly.

   Kai's face brightens into a smile. You walk through the clearing and now you and the boys are once again on the trail with plantlife surrounding you. While hearing birds wake up and sing, more thoughts flood through your mind.

"Luhan?"

"Yes Goddess?"

"What does a goddess of balance do? Like how does she control it?"

"That I really don't know. However I can help you with your abilities."

"I thought I could only do the hypnosis thingy. Is there something else I can do?"

"Yeah, you can also read minds like me and you have terra-radar."

"What?"

"Yep. I just have to teach you that too. I'm pretty sure D.O will help you with terra-radar."

"But what's that?"

"It's kinda like echolocation. Your mind maps out an area, similar to a blueprint, and you can find out where things are just by touching a stationary object that meets the earth."

"So like if we are at home and I want to see where you are, I can just touch a wall or something and I'll be able to see you?"

"Exactly."

Woah. Dude I'm Toph.

"That's awesome!"

"If it progresses enough it can get to a point where you can tell where any of us are without touching anything. You have to have a strong connection with the Earth though. That's where D.O comes in." Luhan adds.

"Why what can he do?"

"His element is earth. Just like mine is telekinesis and Kai's is teleportation."

"Cool, huh?" Kai says with that killer smile of his.

"I think you have to have your necklace on if you try to do something that advanced though." Luhan mentions while running his hand through his hair as if he is caught up with his own thoughts.

"What's wrong?" you ask.

"It's just since you have all these abilities I wonder what will happen if you combine them."

"Like if it evolves into a different ability?"

"Yeah."

"Maybe we should ask Persephone."

   At this point the forest ends and your feet touches sidewalk. You are now on the sidewalk that is across the street from the market you were at the day before.

"My school isn't too far from here."

"Okay." they say in unison

   Crossing the street you tell the boys to look both ways again. You pass the market and keep walking. Your school is about a block from where you are.

"We are getting close, I can hear their minds." calmly says Luhan.

   Kai grips your hand tighter as you keep walking, Soon the street opens up to a large cul de sac where your school is placed. The building is U-shaped to format around the road. Both of the boys grow tense. On the other hand, you are trying to think on what you are supposed to do in classes for the day. You arrive at the open courtyard that is in front of the school. You turn around to look at them, you did not notice the groups of people who stopped to look at the brothers.

"Well this is it."

"This is huge." Kai says with owlish eyes.

"How about we meet right here once it's over? I get out at 2:30."

   They both nod their heads in agreement.

"Once I go inside, walk straight home. Don't wander off, I told Christina to teach you how to do some things for today alright?"

"Goddess?" Luhan asks quietly.

"Yes, Lulu?"

"A lot of people are watching......"

   You look over your shoulder. There are people spread throughout the courtyard, and all of them are staring at you shamelessly. You take note that most of them are girls too. Many of them look frozen in their place. No one is moving.

".....I don't like what they're thinking either." He says even quieter.

   You sigh.

"Well Lu, that's what happens when you bring me to school in pajamas, what did I tell you?"

"No that's not what-"

"Hey, I got to go, my class starts in like three minutes. I'll see you both here at 2:35 okay?" you say quickly.

   Kai nods his head while Luhan is blantantly staring back at all the people around you. Without looking away, he speaks.

"Do me a favor, don't take off your pendant." 

   You tilt your head towards him. The way he said it was almost stern, as if you was suppose to obey him regardless.

"Wouldn't dream of it, I feel like it keeps me close to the both of you." you answer sweetly.

"Bye Goddess!" Kai says as he lets go of your hand and gives you a great big bear hug. You shove him away.

"Get outta here you goof!" you giggle.

"Aw come on, you know you don't want me to leave." Kai says suggestively.

God damn that boy and his winking.

"Yes I do, especially when I wake up to you in my bed!"

   You hear students gasp around you. You realize instantly that your voice was a little bit louder than what you meant it to be. You start to blush and regret what you just did. Luhan gives you a light quick hug as he mutters a 'Buh-Bye'. The boys turn around and start walking away. You notice that Luhan wraps his arm around Kai's shoulder to guide him out of the way of other people.

   Shrugging your shoulders, you turn to head into school. Everybody had their eyes on you as you soon begin to find out that today is going to be hard for you.

   You pushed open the door and made your way in.


A/N: Hey Chickadees! Sorry I've been shoving my way through finals week, so I made sure to make this chapter a little longer.

So what do you think? What's going to happen in school? How do you think the boys day with Christina will turn out? Was Kai at fault, or you? What do you think would happen if you combined your abilities and it evolves?

I'll update when I can!

P.S what layout should I use for this story? I want it to be mobile-friendly. Should it be something dark, like something to resemble the night or a forest? Or more light in nature? Maybe a fairytale style instead? Feel welcome to leave suggestions, I'll check some out!