Chapter 22

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

   It seemed the world had stopped. The clearing grew quiet except for the pulse of the ground that you were panicking over yesterday. You didn't notice you could hear it until now. Quietly, you turn around in a full circle trying to see where the man went that started all of this. You use your terra-radar but it's of no use. Immediately the anger is buried underneath the pit of your stomach and now replaced with worry. You snap out of the daze you were in, closing off the sections of your mind that holds your multiple abilities.

   You turn back to look at your boys, and feel relieved when you see that no one was seriously hurt. Xiumin was sporting a deep scratch from his forehead down to his jawbone and Sehun's cheek was bruised, as if he was smacked with a brick. You then look to the other boys and see that Kai is covered in scrapes and scratches and Luhan was thankfully unmarked.

   All of the boys were covered in sweat and dirt, making you realize that you need to get them home to shower and to get out the first aid for them. Until now you didn't look at yourself. Glancing down at your hands you notice that you are covered in dirt too. Miraculously, like Luhan, you were unmarked. Although this didn't help the fact that you felt greasy, dirty, and gross. You raise your gaze back to the guardians.

   You try to speak, but the words come out weak and raspy.

"Are you okay?" you ask to all of them.

   After seeing them nod, you begin to feel lightheaded, causing you to lose balance. Your body wobbles over, and suddenly everything went black.


Xiumin

   I have never expected to see her fight like that. To say I was shocked would be a complete understatement. When those things attacked I immediately went to protect her, but I was sent flying backwards from one of those huge minotaurs. Even though I was in pain, I stood right back up and tried to make my way to her until I saw what she was doing. She stood as if she was ready to take on the world. The bird woman thing was walking backwards in a jerky, bulky manner which only meant one thing. Goddess was using her hypnosis- and it was working. I watched for a few seconds before I hear one of my brothers yell from behind me.

   When I turned around I saw that beast swing at Sehun, hitting him across the jaw. I have never seen someone attack one of my brothers before. I raised my hand to the sky and immediately a chunk of ice formed from me pulling water molecules out of air. I remember throwing the huge piece at the monster, and that's how me and Sehun were put together.

   As soon as I notice Goddess hold her head and lose her place, I quickily tried to run to her. However, Kai got there first (there are some serious advantages for teleportation).

"Can anybody tell me what the hell that was?!" Kai said while carrying the goddess. I motion to him to bring her over to me so I can make sure she's alright.

Things will be so much easier when Yixing gets here.

   I look her over carefully, making sure that she's unharmed. Bringing my hand up, I carress her face. Thankfully she looked fine.

"I think she's okay. She might have passed out because she went into overdrive with her abilities." I say calmly, running my hand up her arm. Around that time I feel my two other brothers come behind me.

"Whoever they were, I think more will be coming." Luhan said while walking up to look at the goddess. I glance into my brother's eyes and see guilt. 

"Even if they aren't we should still be prepared. That guy disappeared, I know he's coming back." Sehun added, joining the small circle that was forming around our keeper.

   The rest of us mutter in agreement with him. I reach my arms out towards Kai and motion him to give me the girl.

"I can just take her home." he suggested.

"No." me and Luhan said at the same time, causing me to look at him.

"I don't want her out of my sight anymore, give her to me. You know I'm the strongest." I say, hoping he will take it as an order.

"Luhan?"

"Yeah?"

"Bury the corpses. We seriously need to find out what's going on." I say as my younger brother places Goddess in my arms.


   You start to feel yourself come together as you begin to wake up. You open one eye and then close it right after, noticing the sunlight. Not until then do you realize that you aren't on the ground. Someone's carrying you.

   You squeal and cling to whoever is holding you so you don't fall, kind of like a cat being held over a bathtub. The person lets out a small giggle.

"You're okay, we're just taking you home." says a voice that could only belong to Xiumin.

   You look up and see his smiling face gazing at you. Wrapping your arms around his neck, you fall back asleep with your head on his shoulder, thanking Persephone and every other god that you have your boys.


   Across the town, the heavy double doors to the old church fling open and slam against the inside walls. Creatures that have infested the chapel shrink back and gasp, for their Master came back alone.

   The church grows silent as the master makes his way to the altar. The echoes of his footsteps bounce off the halls, causing anxiety to be spread throughout the vicinity. 

   He approaches the wooden podium and looks out, clearing his throat before he speaks.

"My Kyreans, tonight we lost a few of our good men. I know, it's very painful, very sad. Some of the best. Do you see why we have to fight for what's rightfully ours? Do you see what these mongrels will do? They won't stop at nothing to get what they want. And for once I say we do the same! Tomorrow will be no different. The only ones who can change this destroyed world is us. Take your pain, take your sorrow, and turn it into vengence as we avenge our fallen brothers!"