Chapter 16

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

   In an abandoned church at the opposite end of Moonlight Path from your home, a male rises from the first pew and walks towards a rotten, wooden, moldy podium.  Each step he takes is cautious. Each step he takes is well planned before his boot even grazes the floor. His black hair is tied back into a ponytail and his face is bronze and clean shaven. He is dressed in combat boots, dark cargo pants, and a tight fitted shirt. His pale blue eyes glares at all who surrounds him. The floor beneath him is marbled and crack-ridden. All the windows are covered with plyboard and curtains and tapestries are torn and hanging. He looks out onto the rows facing him. He dons a stomach-churning grin. Each pew is filled with creatures too terrifying for humans to even glance at. Behind him stands a cross at least twenty feet high with a film of dust. Rats and mice lurk left and right. 

"My brethren!", he calls out, "our time is coming soon!"

   The chapel erupts into clamors of roars and ear-splitting screeches. The grin never leaves his face, accenting his high cheekbones and his well-defined jawline. 

"However", he says, " you will only be allowed to attack when I give the order. Do not go off and think you can kill a guardian on your own. By yourself you might be brave, but together we are strong."

   More ruckus is made and their beastley stomping and jumping is covered by their noise. Echos bounce off the eerie chapel walls, making the sound amplify and engluf the air surrounding it. 

"Ahem."

   Not one creature notices his want for silence.

"I said. Ahem."

   Uproars continue as he steps off the podium. Walking up to one of the pews, he grabs one of the mythical spawn and drags it towards the center of the church. The beast stands at around eight feet tall. His body is of a well muscled man. However, his face is that of a bulls. A thick gold hoop hangs from his nose and his horns are at least a foot in length. Without warning he pushes it away from him and stretches out his arm with his palm open. The beast looks at him in question. 

  He closes his palm as the monster sees raw fury in his eyes.

  The beast lets out a bellow larger than a lion's roar. 

   At once the chapel becomes silent. All of the creatures stare in horror. The beast falls to the ground on his knees. Blood spills out of all orifices from the beast. The male clutches his hand tighter. The being lifts his head and roars painfully a final time before falling on his side on the marbled floor. Dead.

   Every being in that place stares at the male who caused this and they become fearful to say the least. He gives a look that is simply venemous and turns around. He walks towards the front and up the creeky altar steps. Standing in front of the podium, the horrid monsters fall to their seats immediately. He glances around at his crowd.

"Now that I have so gracefully caught your attention," the male says darkly, "I have one more rule. No. Make that an order."

   The chapel is still and all remains quiet before he speaks again.

"Do not touch the goddess, she is for me and me alone."

   The assembly nods their head and chants in unison a "Yes Master."

"Good, good. If you disobey this order I will torture you slowly and end your existence and your entire race. There is not a crevice in hell that could pathetically hide you. I will make a deal with Hades myself to seek your punishment. Do take me seriously on this. I will not say it again."

   The creatures gape at him and many could only nod their heads.

"Wonderful", he adds, "with that being said make sure you don't touch a goddess of any kind. I will handle that as well if need be."

    At this point he steps away from the podium and makes his way down the altar steps. Monsters gasp and sink down and their place. He paces up and down the pathway that is formed between the numerous rows. Several minutes pass and the only sound heard is the walking of his footsteps. He examines each creature he passes, his chin with one hand with the other behind his back. He make his way slowly to the back and stops besides the left pew. There standing is a horrid creature. He motions with a finger for it to step out. 

   The being is a female. Her skin is a sickly pale blue pigment. Her hair is greasy and dark brown. She has canine fangs that extend from and rest on her ruby lips. She has a forked purple tongue and iridescent eyes. Her wings flutter out. They are the color of onyx and are four feet wide. Dressed in dirty rags and other materials, he looks down. Her feet are webbed with jagged nails. He takes notice that some of her 'clothing' is made of intestines and muscle sinew and tendons. 

   He looks back up at her face.

"You," he says, "come with me."


A/N: Awwwww man, that's right. Author-nim just got serious.

Pretty creepy right? What do you think these creatures are? Do you know what they're named? Leave it in the comments below! 

What do think he is going to do with the female beast? See ya next time!