Chapter 20

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

"I've been workin' everyday,

I've been waitin' for time to play.

Call up my people,

Let's paint the town.

Bring that fire,

Let's burn it down."

   It was now around noon and you were cooking brunch for everybody in the kitchen. In the process of making grilled cheese for Kai, pancakes for Sehun, french toast for Luhan, and a deli sub for Xiumin, you had the radio and was singing along to whatever tune was playing. The boys were in the living room playing MarioKart at the same time and due to everyone's yelling it sounded like Kai was winning. Again.

"Kai you little !"

"I've been serious, all the time.

And tonight, I lose my mind."

"Stop it Kai!"

"I wanna go out, and have some fun."

"I swear to god Kai if you hit me with that damn banana-"

"I've been workin' all week but right now I'm gettin' dumb."

   You sigh as you grab different kinds of meat from the fridge. After everyone got up this morning Xiumin decided to try out various foods in the fridge to see what he would like. He told you that he really liked the ham and turkey slices and that he would love to have some bread. So after explaining what a deli sub was, he agreed to eat some. That's why you are now gathering swiss and american cheese, ham, lettuce, turkey, and a tomato.

   While slicing the tomato you hear Xiumin yelling about how he is so done being stuck with his brothers. You express a small grin and shake your head. Finishing the food, you place everyones plates on the kitchen counter.

"Boys! Come eat!"


"Can we go train again today?" Sehun asks.

"Mhm, if you all want to." you reply while biting into the egg sandwich you made for yourself.

   There were murmurs and grunts around the kitchen as the other boys agreed. Each of your guardians told you earlier that they really loved the food and your cooking (even if you had to look some stuff up on the internet).

"Goddess, maybe you should try working on your abilties while we are training." Luhan said softly.

   The moment the sentence left his mouth, everyone stopped and looked at him. You took a deep breath and thought for a few seconds before you decided to answer him.

"I don't know Lulu, I was really freaked out last night."

"You don't want it to all build up though. If you were to release what ever powers you have something bad could happen." Xiumin said.

"It can do that?" you ask.

"Yup, one time Suho flooded the castle." Kai said while biting into his brunch.

"Whoa, really?"

"Yeah, it was when we were first trying to harness our abilities. The castle flooded because Suho refused to use his water power and his energy built up. He went to get a cup of water to drink and as soon as he touched the well water burst out everywhere. Flooded the courtyard too."

"But why was he holding back?" 

   The boys look at each other quietly for a few seconds. It was as if they were mentally telling each other who should answer your question. You raised an eyebrow in waiting. I see Luhan take a gulp.

"Maybe you should ask him. It's not really our place to say." Luhan answered nervously.

"Well I guess I will. Didn't you say he's one of the older ones?"

"Yeah", Xiumin started, "It goes Me, Luhan, Kris, Suho, Lay, Baekhyun, Chen, Chanyeol, D.O, Tao, Kai, and lastly Sehun."

"It's because the best is last." the youngest joked.

"And what can everyone do?" you were starting to get really intrigued about the boys and their life. You were always curious about their background and the way they grew up.

"You know mine, you know Luhan's, Kris can fly, Suho controls water, Lay can heal, Baekhyun is light, Chen can control lightning, Chanyeol has fire, you know D.O's since he's going to help you, Tao is a time-controller, and you know about the other two."

   You let out a low whistle.

"So fascinating." you say, somewhat dazed.

"Can we go now?" Kai asked impatiently.

"I need to get ready, so do all of you. Meet at the front door in twenty minutes?" you suggest.


   Less than an hour later the five of you were at the clearing in the forest. The boys were all in their training clothes while you were in high top Adidas, a sleeveless T-shirt, and jogging pants. Your hair was tied with a bandana.

"Can I see you guys do the war technique?" you ask.

"Well usually we do that when everyone's here." Xiumin tried to explain.

"I know but I'm curious."

"Goddess you should be working on your own things. You need to go meditate." Luhan interrupted.

"I will if I see you guys do it."

   Several moments passed by with bickering and one person trying to reason with another. Finally, Xiumin used the age card and told them that he makes the decision since he's the oldest out of all of you, since you're closer to Kai and Sehun's age. But fortunately he agreed with you. He later explained saying that no one back home has trained at all since Kai and Luhan left and that everyone needs practice.

   Since you were ordered by all the boys to be as far away as possible from them, you ended up on the edge of the clearing. Directly in the middle was Xiumin and Luhan facing Kai and Sehun. They were in this some sort of stance and was waiting for your call. Even if you are at the side of the open field you could see their gazes that was shot at each other. Just an expression from them made them look menacing.

"Alrighty, one...two...three............GO!" you shouted.

   At once it seemed like all hell broke loose. Immediately wind ripped through the air, tearing off branches and bending trees. You shiver as it gets extremely cold and then the temperature fluctuates back to normal. You jog a little closer to try and see what's happening with your arm up, trying to block the wind. The temperature outside with you seems to be everchanging and your body can't regulate itself.

And how was I suppose to meditate like this?

   However, your curiosity is getting the best of you and you get even closer. You see that the boys are actually more spread out than where they originally started. Sehun and Xiumin were still across from each other. Your eyes widen when you see Xiumin pull spikes of ice out of thin air and haul them towards his youngest brother. Your instinct kicked in and the first thing you wanted to do was protect him. Anger pulsed through your veins, even though you knew it was just practice. The earth beneath your feet rumbles. 

   Sehun moves his arms to the side and it was like the air understood his command. The wind moved and whipped the ice out of his direction, but it was heading straight for Kai. Fear overcomes you and the ground shakes even more. He didn't even notice what was happening, he was too busy staring down Luhan.

"KAI!" You screamed.

   Even if the weather outside seemed like it was going to be the apocalypse, he snapped his head towards your direction. He saw what was coming his way and teleported before he could get hurt. Less than a second later he was directly in front of you.

"I-" you begin.

   Without letting you finish he attacks you in the biggest hug you have ever felt. He runs his hand through your hair.

"Sshhh. Thank you, but I'm okay." He says over the roaring windstorm. You nod your head.

   He goes to turn around to head back but you grabbed his hand out of impulse. You don't know why, but you're still on an adrenaline rush. He turns back to you and steps closer to you than he was before. Without warning he raises his hand to caress your face. At once it feels like if time stopped. You couldn't feel the wind. You couldn't feel the cold. You couldn't feel the stares from Luhan.

   Suddenly, Kai lowers his head and places his lips on yours. You close your eyes and feel as if someone out all of the oxygen from your body. His lips are soft and gentle against yours. You cling to his body, trying to settle your racing heartbeat.

   All too soon he pulls away, allowing you to breathe. Although you had to admit, you didn't mind that you couldn't. He gazes into your eyes and immediately disappears.

   You strain your eyes, coming back to reality to the harsh weather, and try to see where he teleported to. You look across and still see the oldest and the youngest facing each other. After, you hear a bellowing of a voice that could only belong to Luhan. You look to see him, and your mouth gapes open.

   The earth shakes again and you hear a loud tearing noise followed by a large snap. Your eyes wouldn't look away. It was absolutely insane and incredible at the same time.

   Luhan just ripped a full grown tree from its roots. It was hanging in mid air.

   Kai is across from him and his face mocks yours. As soon as Luhan swings the large oak tree down towards his brother, Kai teleports out of the way. And appears right behind him.

   Before your mind could process it, Kai wraps his foot around Luhans ankle and pushes him down on the ground. He hovers over him and sticks his hand out, tracing an 'X' across his chest. That's it, he's done for.

Kai won.

   As if the other two were watching, everybody stops.

   Throughout the whole match you were filled with the emotions of determinations and a slight hint of frustration fueled by adrenaline. The reason being you could feel their emotions. You didn't notice at all that your pendant was glowing the entire time.

   Xiumin and Sehun drops their arms and both take in a deep breath.

"I think that's enough for today." the oldest says. Sehun and Kai agree.

   However, Luhan was staring at you and didn't answer. It seemed like his eyes were peering through your soul, almost making you self-conscious.

"Uh, yeah, let's go." you reply. 

   All of your guardians start jogging towards you and you guys form a circle while standing. You take notice that Kai made an effort to be as close to you as he possibly could.

"I'm ready to leave now." Luhan said quickly. You nod your head, way too much just happened right now. You then see Sehun raise an eyebrow to you.

"Goddith?" he asks.

"Yeah?"

"Why isth your pendant glowing?"

   You look down and grab it. A white light was pouring from it as if it had its own aura.

"I- I don't know."

   All five of you keep staring at it. A few seconds pass and something happens. The glow turns orange. You jump backwards.

   As soon as the glow changed, panic and anger overtook your body. At once you felt protective and instincts took over. You quickly whip yourself around and stick your arms out to the sides, as if to block your boys. You don't know what's happening, but you feel rage. It actually causes you to hiss and you scan the treeline. 

"Goddess? What's wrong?" the boys ask, but you can't look away from the forestry. You close your eyes and turn on your terra-radar faster than you have ever before. You see in your mind that at least five figures approaching you through the greenery. And four of them did not have the shape of a man.

Opening your eyes, you seem the figures step out of the treeline. The boys mouths dropped when they saw, but you were still in defensive mode and didn't notice their expressions and didn't feel their emotions behind you.

"Well well well, look what we have here." a male said.

   He takes a step forward in front of the figures and gives you a poisonous grin.

"Fascinating."