Chapter 58

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

A/N: Update 1 of 3


"Chen?" You rasp.

   Your head is pushed back into the pillows as lips are pressed against yours. There was pressure behind it, but you knew it was gentle. When Chen pulled back, you opened your eyes fully and gasped for air. Dizziness spreads and the corners of your vision go black.

"Woah woah woah, okay. Oh gosh I'm sorry! Hey, I'll go get Xing." The boy blabbered nervously.

   He shot up, ready to leave, when you quickly grabbed his hand. Chen turned back and looked down on you, a lone tear sliding down his face. It broke your heart, what's wrong?

"I'm perfectly fine here with you." you say sweetly, but it sounds more like a croak.

   The lightning guardian takes in a deep breath and laughs it out, like he couldn't believe what he was seeing. While squeezing your hand for comfort (for you or for himself; he's not so sure) he gets back into the same position he was when you woke.

"I can't believe it." he says in awe, running a hand through your hair.

"Love, why are you crying?" you ask.

   He's still holding your hand, and you use your thumb to gently rub circles against his. Chen takes in another shaky breath and let's it out along with another tear. With your free arm, you reach up and wipe it away. His head leans in towards your palm. You smile again, and then abruptly cough.

"Oh- what is wrong with me? Here, here's some water."

   You never noticed the tiny little table near your head until he reached for a the glass. It was nearly overflowing, you guess it use to have ice in it, but you eagerly took long drinks when he pushed the rim of the cup to your mouth. He made sure to give you time to swallow before placing the glass back on the little tabletop.

"Chen?"

"Yes Goddess?"

"Where am I?"

   Before he could answer Kai teleports in front of the bed as Xiumin, Luhan, and Yixing bust in through the doors.


"It is not-" Iris starts.

"They want her." Athena cuts to the chase.

"What? They want Yuri? Why?" Sophie questions.

"Who asked about her specifically?" Persephone asked with a steadiness to her voice.

"Zeus." Athena answers.

   Iris breaks eye contact and looks down, Nemesis says "" under her breath, and Sophie's mouth gapes at the Dark Queen.

"And Apollo?"

"Apollo? As in the god of light Apollo Apollo?" Soph' interrupts in disbelief.

"He's worried, I think he might be visiting soon." Athena replies.

"Since when did Apollo become a part of this?" Sophie asks, although it seems no one is listening.

"Sophia, this is a matter between me and your patron goddess....and of course Iris. You do not need to worry about all of this." Persephone said with a calm yet stern tone.

"Worry? That's my best friend we are talking about here! My best friend who happens to be unconscious right now in a world she didn't even know existed until a couple weeks ago!-"

"Sophia-" Nemesis started.

"-And you're willing to just toss her to the vultures up on the bird's nest? You're her goddess!" she ended with a higher pitch, nearly shouting.

"Sophia." Athena barked.

   Just like that, the youngest stopped. Sophie admires Persephone, she really does, but Persephone isn't her goddess. Athena is, and it has always been known throughout time that you do not ever, ever disobey your patron. Even though it has been years since Sophie has been close with Yuri, she would still take on all of Olympus, just for her. However, Athena was able to make her halt and freeze in her steps.

"Continue Seph'." Iris gestured.

"Sophia, we have a task for you to do on your own." Persephone continued.

   The younger, trying to take back her foolish outburst, bowed her head, "Aye, Dark Queen. What task?"

" 'Tis time you go give a speech to the castle courtyard. I understand that you know that Terrexo is now under the power and rule of Yuri, yes?"

"Aye, but why me? I thought the agreement was that Yuri is to make her own home coming speech when she wakes."

   Persephone lifts her head, as if she is listening to the walls talk. Sophie secretly wishes she was as elegant as the woman standing before her, but Sophie knows that she is no goddess that gives orders and expects obedience due to a pretty face. Although Persephone doesn't do that, she's practically the mother of Hell, yet Sophia knows better. Athena, goddess of wisdom of strategy, didn't bring Sophia to the table for looks. Most are aware that Athena always acts with purpose, and not with emotion. Sophia, proud bearer of the title demigoddess, must acquire the same attitude and confidence.

"Yuri is awake." she smiles knowingly after a beat.

"What? She is?! I must go see her!" Sophie exclaims, running to the door.

   Athena catches her elbow and Sophia startles and stops once again. Her goddess has never touched her before, so assuming the worst, she kneels immediately.

"Goddess I am so-"

"My child, what are you doing? Rise." Athena says relaxed, tipping up the younger's chin. Sophie obeys.

"I am aware that the two of you are important to each other, but you will have to wait. Her people, which if you stay here then it will partially be your people as well, holds a higher priority. You must go make the speech."

"Aye, Goddess." Soph' nods.

"First, we simply cannot let you make your first appearance, which also bears good news, dressed the way you are." Athena gestures to Sophia's clothes.

   The girl looks down and opens in shock. Because of all that has happened, she hasn't changed or showered since the battle. She still had human clothes on that were now torn and covered in blood stains, most of which are not her own. She was so consumed about how you were doing and figuring out where she was that she didn't even think about taking care of herself.

"I don't have clothes here, what am I going to wear?"

"Well the garments of a goddess, silly." Iris giggled, making the other women crack a smile.

"...really? I'm important enough to dress in robes?" Soph' asks with excitement gleaming in her eyes.

"Athena wouldn't have claimed you otherwise, dear." Nemesis reminded.

   At that point, Athena backed up and asked her to politely kneel. While doing so, Athena's wardrobe changed to her full regal battle wear. The goddess was dressed head to toe in armor with her weapons. Athena raised her longsword in the air before lowering it on top of Sophia's head. Athena held her circular shield over her heart, and Sophie could not be any more proud.

"A demigoddess of battle tactic, who stands as my apprentice and human liason, should look like one and acknowledge herself with pride and honor. Stand, Sophia Grace of Earth."

   Once she stood, she heard a buzzing engulf her. It wasn't loud or bothersome, but light and it carried a soft warmth. She felt her clothes disappear and nearly went to cover herself from the other women, but not even a blink of an eye later she felt clothed again, and forty pounds heavier. She takes a deep breath as her shoulders sag and her head tips forward. Looking under the brim of her helmet, she sees all four goddesses adorning bright smiles.

   Her helmet was metallic and heavy, with a gold row of feathers stretching from her forehead down to a couple inches above the base of her neck, on either side of the helmet was Athena's symbol in gold as well. Her torso was plated in more metal with pure leather underlying it. She cranes her neck back over one shoulder and sees a golden cape draped around her that curves to the right and ends above the back of her kneecap. Her legs felt the heaviest, wearing the same material. She wiggled her toes around in her boots. Stretching her arms outward, she checks out metal gauntlets that cover most of her lower arms.

"You are granted your weapons as well." Athena then adds.

   With her hands still reaching out, she nearly drops the broad long sword that pops into her hand. It's heavy, over half the size she is, but as soon as it touches her fingers she felt overly satisfied. Like it was made to be in her hand and hers only. The large shield appeared as well. She felt so....alive. And full of power.

"Do you remember how to properly address a gathering of people?" Athena asks.

"Aye, my goddess."

"Excellent, sheathe your sword Warrior."

   Sophia obeys. They grant her permission to leave and she bows in respect. Walking out to the hallway (more like struggling to walk with all her armor) she stops in her place and quickly turns back around.

"Goddess-?"

   Her room is empty. She takes another deep breath.

"You can do this Soph'." The demigoddess mutters to herself.


A/N: What do you think?