Chapter 40

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

Xiumin POV

  You know what’s fun? Watching people meditate out the window. I didn’t know we had so many tree huggers in this family. Well I mean, they weren’t meditating out of the window, but they were, like, outside. Yeah.

 

  But man.

 

  This bag of chips tastes so good right now.

 

  It’s been a slow day and honestly, that’s how I like it. Nobody’s dying and there aren’t any crazy monsters anywhere, so life’s good. And then there’s Yuri.

 

  I’m not going to lie, I thought she was weird at first. From what I have been told growing up as the oldest, Yuri was suppose to be this wise, all-knowing leader. However, we found an awkward teenager who doesn’t know her own potential, and I couldn’t her love more.

 

  So I guess every day I have is a day I want.

 

“Whatchu doin’ buttmunch?” Chanyeol calls from behind me.

 

“What?” I say in disbelief, turning to face him.

 

“You heard me.”

 

“I’m older than you!”

 

“Unfortunately.”

 

  I roll my eyes and turn back to the window. I feel him walk up to me and he drapes a lanky arm over my shoulder. Yuri, Kyungsoo, and Yixing are still in a triangle meditating in the grass. From my point of view, Yuri is facing me and she looks like….a goddess.

  

  Yes, like the goddess she is.

 

“She’s so beautiful.” Chanyeol exhales.

 

“Do you think she’d do it?” I ask.

 

“Do what?”

 

“You know, the marriage thing.”

 

“Well I guess she would have to love all of us first.”

 

“....Can a heart spread that wide?”

 

  My brother doesn’t answer because he probably has the same question. Since we have all been here Yuri has been more focused on the important things, like she should be. However, she has kissed a couple of my brothers (wow that sounds weird) already so I have hope that there is still a chance.

 

  My brother soon walks back out of the room, probably to the kitchen, and it takes a couple minutes before they finish.

 

“Not bad.” I hear Kyungsoo say from the open window.

 

“She could have done better.” Yixing snipped.

 

  He’s another story. Before Yixing came here he was extremely calm and laid back, he barely even spoke. Yuri brought his personality out, well his motherly over protective personality. Deep inside I know she likes it though, when he tells her to do more she becomes competitive and proves that she can. With all the issues she has she is still so strong. In a way that I could probably never be. And even though it’s sometimes undesirable, I’d rather have Yixing with a weird personality than one without.

 

“Better than you?” she teases.

 

  I smile as she gets up and walks into the house. She seems more energized than before and there’s a grin across her face. Looking out the open window, my two brothers move close together and lie on their backs to stare at the sky and continue talking. Kyungsoo and Lay aren’t the closest, but they always had the weird connection because of their abilities.

 

  I follow her into the kitchen as the previous night plays into my head, making me crave another smoothie. She opens up the fridge and grabs a bottle. She gives me a smile behind her sip of water and I warmly smile back to her.

 

“How are you doing?” I ask moving closer to her.

 

Obviously great.” she laughs.

 

“So the meditation is helping?”

 

“Oh yeah, definitely. Everytime I leave from one I feel more relaxed and orderly. Except when Luhan had me do it, that’s a total different story.”

 

“You know I’m proud of you right? You’re just so strong goddess.” I say

 

You think I’m strong? What about you Mr.I’m-the-oldest-and-I’m-protective?” she giggles.

 

  I can’t help grin as I hug her. Yuri is a breath of fresh air and as steady as a river. I don’t realize how tight I hold onto her until she gives out a shaky exhale. I pull away quickly but only remain a couple inches away from her face.

 

“I- I don’t know why,” I start to stay, “but when I’m near you I feel like I’m coming home.”

 

  I don’t know why she starts to tear up with that sweet smile of hers, so thinking that I said something wrong, I pull away. To my surprise she pulls me back and locks me into a kiss.

 

  My head goes all fuzzy and I can’t even think about what just happened until it’s already over. She backs up slowly and I feel all my veins pumping and my heart beating erratically.

 

But me?

 

  I try to speak but my tongue feels like cotton, it still feels as if her soft lips are against mine. She just smiles again as I begin to sweat profusely. Not knowing what to do, I just hug her again and we don’t let go for at least a full minute.

 

  I feel at peace with myself.



 

Sophie POV

  Driving into the quiet town of Moonlight Path (like I have always known it to be) was like feeling a wave of nostalgia, and man it hit me hard. I feel giddy, and oh so very excited. I was going to see her, my old friend. So many years have passed and I couldn’t hold back my smile as I sped faster toward her house.

 

  However, my excitement was short lived as the little fuel light decided to come on. I sighed as I pushed my sunglasses back up my nose and pulled into the nearest gas station.

 

  By the time I stepped out of the car until the time I finished filling up the tank, I was swamped with childhood memories. I barely took notice of the circling digits on the gas pump. My fingers are itching and I can barely stand in one place.  I guess I should call now, but why am I so nervous?

 

One ring, two rings, three…

 

“Hello?” I heard her answer on the other end. Her unique voice hasn’t changed.

 

“Hey Yuri, long time no see~”

 

Oh my god, Sophie?!” She breathed into the phone, I could hear the excitement in her voice and couldn’t hold back the smile spreading across my lips.

 

“Yeah it’s me! I’m gonna come visit you in a while. Is that cool?” I asked like it was no big deal, pulling the gas pump out of my tank and turning to shove my credit card into the machine.

 

“You’re coming to visit? Oh- Yeah you can! I can’t wait to see you!”

 

“Haha, okay. I’ll see you soon alright?”

 

 

“Yeah! I’ll see you soon!” And just like that she hung up. I laughed as I put my phone back into my pocket. Getting back in my car, I turned it on and basically peeled out and made my way back toward her house.

 

  Pulling into her driveway, I could already feel their presence. I chuckled stepping out of the car, they’re powerful indeed. My leather jacket squeaked as I stood and locked the car before setting out to the front door.

 

  Each step felt like a mile, like a long-awaited trip back home. There’s just something about Yuri, I even felt it when we were oh so small, I can’t explain it, I just never met anyone so selfless.

  

  I noticed there was still many lights on throughout the house, and it looks and feels like just how I left it. Knocking, I kept my face straight as I bounced from foot to foot. I hear movement and in less than a few seconds the door opens.


GM A/N: Hello cuties!
 
Really quick; super shoutout to cuz_tao! She wrote a lot of this chapter and today is her birthday! So this is a present to her and like a present to all of you!
 
I havent received any Q&A's so hurry up and send them if you have any questions! You can now ask Sophie, Suho, and Kyungsoo questions along with the others! (Aren't you curious?)
 
I aced my Chinese Exam today! I think I only missed one point so heck yeah go me *dances in the corner because foreign languages are awesome*
 
Tell me, how have ya'll been? If you're in school/uni, hows it goin? 
 
Shoutout to my sister KenzieLyons5456! Her birthday was yesterday, and now my lil sissy is 15! Whoaaaaaa~!
 
Have a great rest of the week everyone!!!