Chapter 27

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

   You wake up in the middle of the night, burning up and trying to kick covers off of you.

Wait.

   You jolt up from your spot and a sharp pain shoots throughout your body. You wince and moan, because literally everything hurts. Your arms, your back, your head, and your legs were all in pain.

All because a stupid minotaur decided to backhand me like I was his . Ugh.

   The room was dark and you were really wanting heavy painkillers and a nice cup of icy water or even tea. Muttering about how minotaurs are cowards, you try to raise from your spot but you are held in place by arms.

Why is it no matter where I am, I wake up with someone trying to trap me?

   The grip around your waist tightens and you suddenly remember what happened before you passed out. Getting the urge to cry, you lay back down and try to hide the sounds of your sobbing from whoever was clinging to you. Looking around in the dark, you realize that you weren't in the bathroom, or your bedroom for that matter. So you turn your head to the side while wiping the tears off your face and see that Kai is the one sleeping next to you like he's trying to choke you with his long arms and legs.

   Crying is making your head hurt more, so you slowly slide the boy off of you and quietly look around for Luhan who is suppose to be sharing a room with him. His bed is made but empty.

Luhan?

"Don't worry, everything's okay. Why are you up?"

I don't know, where are you?

"I'm busy doing something, go back to sleep. You still need to recover."

What do you mean 'busy'? ......Hello? 

   He doesn't answer and you try to stand up from the bed but it hurts too much. You feel a tiny rip go down your back and it's met with a hissing pain. You whine softly and force yourself to stand up.

   Each step is making the pain double, especially in your back, and you don't know why. Fumbling with doorknob, you hobble out of the dark room into the lit hallway. Strangely enough, it's quiet throughout the upstairs. And with people like Kai and Sehun around that can only mean one thing; mischief. 

"Boys? Hello? I'm up!" you call through the entire house.

   No response.

   Your self esteem sinks further down and you try to make your way to the bathroom. After grabbing ibuprofen from the cabinet behind the mirror, you swallow four pills and drink water from the faucet.

I still want icy water though. 

   You sigh and turn your body halfway. When you do, the pain becomes unbearable and you let out a scream, falling to the floor. Your skin feels like it's torn open and you begin to yell for everyones name.

I don't know if I can do this anymore.


Luhan's POV

"Where could she have gone?" Chanyeol asked me. And I honestly didn't know.

   After we came home last night and found Kai crying and cradling Yuri, we decided the best thing to do was to go find Christina. Xiumin ordered me to go to her room and look for her, Sehun to go change the sheets on our goddess' bed, and Chanyeol to get a glass of water. He took Lay into the bathroom and tried to talk Kai into letting her go. 

   But it wasn't that easy.

   I don't know how long he was there, holding her while rocking back and forth, but he was freaking out and yelling about how he failed being her guardian when he can't even keep her nightmares away, let alone monsters who almost killed her.

   I never ever want to have that feeling again.

   While Lay tried healing her where he could, Xiumin finally got Kai and made him go to bed. I went to knock on Christina's bedroom door downstairs, but when I did the door was pushed slightly ajar.

   I'm not impolite, I'm not disrespectful, and I would never go into another persons room if I'm not suppose to be there. But her bedroom light was on and she was gone. In the middle of the night.

"." I remembered saying out loud.

"Okay, everyone to the living room. Now." I sent telepathically to besides Kai and my goddess.

   I told them the news and everyone became gravely worried. There we made a plan to go look for her, because with what's been going on, anything is possible. I told Kai what happened after he was finally calm. I headed back to the living room and basically made a plan of where to look, and that's pretty much where we're at now. I'm walking down the street with Chanyeol about to approach the driveway to our house.

"I really don't know, I'm starting to get worried." I admitted. I know how much Christina means to Goddess. It was only the two of them before we came, that was made clear. 

Why does she constantly have to suffer? Why can't her life be easier?

   My thoughts trailed off as we walked up the porch and went into the house. When we left earlier I began explaining this world to Chanyeol. We went over what the society was like, what's acceptable and what's not, technology, and even the government. Both of us stepped inside and I flicked on the light for the foyer.

"SOMEONE PLEASE! XIUMIN, LAY? HELP ME!" screamed throughout the house.

   Chanyeol and I took one look at each other and ran up the staircase, almost tripping in the process. Fear was overtaking me and I tried going up as fast as I possibly can. We dashed into the hallway and I flung myself into the bathroom, shoving the door open and slamming it into the wall, revealing the lit room.

"Oh my god." Chanyeol whispered as he and I stared at the horrid sight.

   Blood. There was blood everywhere.

"No, no!" I yelled while running to her. She was on her side and trying to hang onto the edge of the sink. Her knuckles were white, her shirt was soaked in dark crimson and tears mercilessly fell from her eyes onto her pale cheeks that are slowly losing color. 

"LAY GET YOUR HOME NOW!" I shouted telepathically to my brother.

   I rush to her and kiss the side of her face.

"What do I do?! What do I do?!?!" Chanyeol began to shout. He tries to step closer but I raise my hand to stop him, and he freezes in his place.

"Go get me a warm and wet washrag, scissors,and towels," I ordered him before looking at the tiled ground that had blood running across it, "lots of towels."

   He runs out and I hear his loud footsteps echoing down the staircase. Another set of footsteps approaches as I try to calm Yuri down, as well as myself, since she's been screaming in pain the entire time. I gently lift her hair off her back, and find out that that's where the source of all this blood is coming from.

   A gasp is heard behind me and I glance over my shoulder. Kai is standing in the doorway shirtless with his boxers on. His eyes are widened and his hand is covering his mouth while the other is gripping the doorframe tightly.

"DON'T JUST STAND THERE YOU IDIOT. YOU ING DID THIS!" I started yelling. I was angry and I didn't know what to do. Kai's eyes begin to water and he puts both of his hands down in fists.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN-"

"GO GET LAY NOW!" I shouted, cutting him off. 

   He stood there staring at me for a few seconds with pure hatred in his eyes. I've never seen him this angry, not even while fighting the monsters that almost killed us all.

"L-Luhan...." Yuri whined.

   I look back at her and I almost feel my heart break. The pain I see in her eyes is torturous and my instincts are trying to kick in, telling me I need to do something. But I don't know what. She's losing too much blood. Less than a day ago she almost died for the same reason, her blood isn't all the way restored yet and the facts are making my head spin.

   I glance behind to notice that Kai left, hopefully to get Yixing. I start feeling queasy and I know it's not because the blood is bothering me. It isn't, it means she's dying. Again.

"Luhan?" Chanyeol calls out as he runs back up the stairs and into the bathroom.

   I nod my head and motion for him to give me the supplies I needed. One of them was the warm and wet rag like I asked.

"Love? I need to take off your shirt before it sticks to the wound, is that okay?" I ask. She gives a very small nod that almost went unnoticeable.

   I take the scissors and began to cut open the back of the shirt while ordering Chanyeol to start cleaning up the floor so nobody can slip. I peel the warm soaked fabric off of her and drop the pieces of the shirt on the ground next to us. 

"Oh no." said a voice behind us that made Chanyeol jump.

"Yixing?" the goddess called out softly.

   Within less than two seconds my brother is beside me and hovering his hands over her back. He's profusely sweating and I think it's because we are all starting to feel the effect of her blood loss. A soft glow forms out of Lay's hands and directs itself to my goddess. I take the washrag and gingerly place it on her back so I can clean it and see how truly severe the wound is. She screams in pain and I start to cry. I can't take it. I can't stand hearing her like this.

   I continue wiping down her back until most of it is off. All of us hears the front door below swing open harshly and I order Kai to go see who it is. If they found us Kai will have to teleport everyone somewhere and hide until we can fight. There is no way we could possibly defend ourselves right now. Too much is happening and my hands are shaking. I'm trying to not cause her anymore pain but it seems like everything I do hurts her.

"Dear God." Sehun says behind me.

Oh thank whatever's holy that it's my brothers.

   My breath escapes my throat as I start to see how bad the laceration is. All of my brothers gasp as I finally finish cleaning her back. She continues to sob and it's made clear why.

   The laceration started several inches below her left scapula (shoulder blade) and extended upwards diagonally to the base of her neck on the right side. It had to be at least one inch deep, a foot long in length, and Yixing's healing was working very slowly.

   Xiumin pushes through and kneels in the puddles of blood on the other side of me while Chanyeol tried to distract himself while cleaning around him.

"Luhan, y-you have to cut her bra off her." Xiumin said quietly. I glance at him in horror. I shake my head violently at him and refuse, it's wrong. She'll be completely topless with everyone around her.

"Just do it." she groaned out.

   As I picked up the scissors, she released her left hand from the sink and was on her hands and knees.

"Luhan you have to cut it off in order for me to fully heal her." Lay quietly urged.

   I place one of the blades beneath the back strap of her black bra and use my other hand to grab the back strap so it does fling off once I cut it. If it snaps apart or flings off, it might open her wound more.

"I... think...I think I'm going to pa-pass out." Yuri moaned weakly.

   I quickly cut the strap and place the heavy wet rag on it just in case it's too dry so it won't rip her skin apart. After gently soaking the strap and hopefully the skin beneath it, her bra falls to the floor around her wrists and I try not to look, but I know Sehun and Kai could definitely see her s standing back there behind me.

"Why isthn't sthhe healing fast enough?" Sehun asked.

"The cut, or clawing, is deep. If it was more of a surface wound I would have it healed already. But I'm halfway there so calm down. Help Chanyeol clean the floor." Lay answered.

   The goddess gasps and her head starts to loll back and forth. Xiumin moves to the front of her and tries to help support her head and massage her scalp. I look down and see that although it was red and angry looking, the long laceration began to scar and scab thanks to my brother, and the tears finally stop running down my face. Over the next minute the bleeding finally slowed down and Yixing ordered Kai and Sehun to go find gauze, antibiotics, and tape.

"My head is spinning." she said without pausing, and by the sound of her voice it seems that she's getting better.

Yeah, mine too. I almost lost you again.


A/N: Omg you all probably want to kill me. I was gonna add more to the chapter but I think I'll leave it at this.