Chapter 54

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

"Yuri we have to go."

   What?

"Yuri we have to go!"

   You turn your head and blink blankly at Sehun. He takes you by the hand and drags you up the small ladder back into the main part of the hidden library. You trip up on the first step and realize that you should probably come back to reality.

   The house is shaking, and you swear you just saw pieces of drywall fall from the ceiling and crumble into dust on the ground of the small library. Your wind guardian is the only momentum you have that's keeping you going. All you want to do is curl up into a ball and rethink your entire life, even before the car accident. Millions of questions are running through your mind and you feel like you have whiplash from being so overwhelmed.

Your father knew all this time?

How long?

Why didn't he tell you?

Does- Did mom know?

Was he ever going to tell you?

   As the two of you bolt down the staircase and into the front foyer, only then do you notice that the structure of the entire house is practically vibrating. You once believed that these walls could withstand a tornado, yet you knew it wasn't going to last through the night. There's still screams coming from the outside, and you refuse to admit that you recognize the painful voices. However, your chest tightens when something is thrown into the front door, and it shakes. You swear the doorknob is ready to fall off.

   Anxiety is making your senses run on high and the adrenaline kicks you harder than a recoil on a shotgun. The room starts spinning around you and you can barely keep your balance. You're gasping for breath as Sehun speeds past you and kicks open the door.

"Jesus Sehun! You don't have to break the damn thing!" you huff, because it's the only thing you can say without freaking out as the two of you erupt outside into the chaos.

"We aren't staying here anyways!" he hisses.

   Besides the wind guardian, the first person you saw was Tao, and he was in the approximate area that you left him in. Although you are fairly certain that he was the one who flew into the door earlier, you were impressed to see that he listened to your orders.

   As Sehun (and Luhan telepathically) were explaining what was going on and ushering them into the house, you were with Tao holding off all the 'baddies' before Kris joined while waiting for Xiumin and Sophie. Kris did not utter a word the entire duration, and the angered expression never left his face.

"Where's Hades?" you ask to no one in particular.

"He can take care of himself goddess." Tao grunted after kicking someone's chest.

   Xiumin yanked Sophie from her current showdown with two harpies (she was taking it very personal) and dragged her by her arm into the house. A while back you remembered talking to the boys about how Xiumin is the strongest amongst the brothers, yet you're surprised that he didn't freeze her arm, despite her protests.

"I'm sure all of you know by now what the plan is." you shout loudly.

   Feeling your heart break, you finally order Kris and Tao to run into the house with you. Your lungs inside you feel like they are going to burst from all of the energy you have exerted. The monsters are going to tear your home down piece by piece, much of what your father has built or fixed, just to look for you and kill everyone you love. Since you were the last one to get inside, you locked the door (even though you know it wouldn't matter) and tried finding things to prop up against it.

"My love, where are you?" you hear Luhan's panic stricken voice in your head.

"I just need to buy more time." you repeated to yourself with a tightness in your chest. It was a lie and you knew it, but you were trying to do anything that would stop yourself from having a panic attack. Having one with almost all of your abilities connected to you would be highly dangerous, especially jumping through portals like Bugs Bunny would jump down a hole. 

"Yuri?" you hear a rough unfamiliar voice say.

   You felt a buzzing in your stone hanging from your neck, so you were able to piece together who it was before turning around. Kris definitely seemed annoyed, but the sound of his voice caught your attention and you momentarily froze.

"What the hell are you doing? Let's go!" he growled.

   Before you could move a muscle, he sprints across the foyer and grabs your wrist. He violently yanks you across the room to head up the staircase.

"Ow! You're hurting me!" you wail.

"It's better than being dead!" he snarls and yanks harder.

    There was no way you could just simply walk up the stairs. His long legs would drag you like a rag doll if you did, so you had to resort to running. Even then it was a struggle. You hear glass breaking from what you believe is the back door down in the living room; they must have finally gotten into the house. Kris obviously hears it as well and bolts into the upstairs hallway with you following and out of breath.

   You quickly open up the secret passage into the hidden library and slide in. Xiumin, Tao and Sophie are there waiting and you see the false door opened and can hear the worries of the other guardians down below. There's a ton of ruckus going on downstairs, and you don't want to wait for it to get any closer. Kris shuts the hidden passage from the hallway and picks you up bridal style.

"What the are you doing?!" you yell.

   You don't like being picked up, but you're scared of dropping, so you cling to him like a cat who doesn't want to take a bath. Xiumin looks at him with a shocked expression but the house shakes again, making him shove you and Kris to the false door to go down. You feel the bruises on your wrist forming from when your guardian of flight dragged you and you fear even more. 

"Shut up!" Kris barks.

   This doesn't feel right. There isn't that similar feeling you have with the other guardians. It doesn't feel like a stranger is holding you, but it is really uncomfortable. The two of you (plus Tao) have not been able to complete the heartstring bond yet and it makes your insides feel wonky.

   Then, like a sack of potatoes, he tosses you down into the hidden room. You scream.

"I got you!" you hear, and less than a couple seconds later Chen catches you. And of course hugs you tight for extra measure, checking to make sure you are okay.

"It's open!" Persephone says, and you look over in fear.

   In front of her at the opposite corner of the room is a shiny blue portal that stretches from floor to ceiling. The surface seems to have a fog looming and circling around within it.

"Oh hell no. No no no. No!" you start squirming.

"Goddess! We have to! It's the only choice we have left!" Chanyeol says as Chen puts me down.

   Tao shuts the false board and the only light in the room is from a small bulb hanging from the ceiling that keeps blinking. The portal emits a light blue glow to the room and you finally notice how crowded you all are. The room isn't that large to begin with and it has all twelve guardians plus you, Christina, and your patron goddess Persephone.

"Yuri goes in first, then Christina." Luhan orders.

"What? No! Send someone with us!" you cry out.

"Yuri stop," Yixing interrupts putting up one hand, "just go. We will be right behind you."

"No!" you argue.

"Hush already!" Kris says, and just like that he picks you up again.

"No no no! Put me down!" you shriek as he walks toward the portal. You scratch at your neck and pull up the leather cord that is holding your pendant and grasp it.

"Kris no! Kris stop! Please!" you continue begging, tears streaming down your face.

"Make someone go with Christina!" is the last thing you say before he tosses you into the portal, making you free fall into another world, another dimension.


 

A/N: I'm back.