Chapter 55

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

A/N:  Sooner or later this summer I will be going through the story and editing. I won't be altering the story line or chapters, just grammar fixing and erasing updates/certain author's notes/etc. to make it more cleaner. I will most likely be changing the foreward entirely. Worry not my cute subbies!


  The fall made your heart fly to your throat and your stomach became queasy. You were somersaulting through the portal and the blue lights were blinding. If you didn't have a migraine now, you're sure you will later, wherever you were heading. What's creepier is the sound the portal was making as you passed through it. It reminded you of the superman movie "Man of Steel" where the huge outer space machine plants itself in the city and there's sonic booms everywhere.

  After five seconds you exit the portal and drop mid-air with your arms cradling your head.

  As if you were ran over by a truck, you crashed onto a hard floor. A cold, stone floor to be exact. There was such an immediate pain that the edges of your vision go from blurry to black as you pass out.


"Iris, what are you doing here?"

   Iris, goddess of rainbows and one of two messengers to the gods, landed her feet swiftly on the white marble floor of the throne room. Her stola, long and flowing with the color of holographic silver, puddled around her feet like freshly sewn chiffon. She gracefully made her way to the arc of thrones as sunlight played off of her dress like a disco ball, her silver bicep cuffs flaring reflections off of the white walls.

   She kneels down in front of a red-headed woman.

"My goddess, Queen Hera." she says with her head bowed.

"Stand dear, it has been a while since you've visited Olympus."

    Her hue-filled locks shined from the glare of the fire pit in the middle of the arc, Queen Hera's hair was indeed the color of flaming red. She was sitting in her marble throne, upright with perfect posture as always, with her chin slightly tipped upward. Hera has always been a woman of confidence, her face always showing the expression of pride. Hera, or Juno as some civilizations have called her, was intrigued with the visit as she folded her hands in her lap. Her stola displayed the colors of emerald green, royal blue, and mauve purple. The edges of the cloths were embroidered with gold and revealed her stomach and one of her thighs.

"I give apologies my queen, Hermes is quite busy on this day."

"Ah yes, is he not with Aeolus?"

​"Yes my queen, 'tis indeed."

"Well", Zeus interrupted, "what news are you here to deliver?"

   Jupiter, better known as Zeus, sat in the other throne next to his wife. Zeus, king of the gods who harnesses the power of thunder and lightning, had one bushy eyebrow arched waiting for whatever information that is supposed to be so important. His long gray hair met with his beard, both having plaits and braids in them. Patience has never been one of his strong suits.

"It's Keres, my King." Iris cautiously answers.

   Gasps were made around the room, one particular man stood up from the other eleven people who remained in their seats.

"Does he have Yuri?" the man who stood asked with immense concern.

"Who is Yuri?" multiple voices chimed in simultaneously around him, including the king and queen.

"Apollo, who is this Yuri?" Zeus asked to the man who stood that now walked towards Iris.

"My King," Apollo started, "I saw Persephone near my oracle at Delphi recently."

    Athena, Apollo's sister, put her hand over .

"What is the issue? It is Persephone's time of year to be with her mother." Queen Hera chimed in.

"You do not understand, Hades was with her."

    Everyone gasps again.

"Hades hasn't left Tartarus in millennia..." Hephaestus trailed off.

"That's not the problem, is it brother?" Athena interrupts.

" 'Tis true, the oracle has been fulfilled. The demigoddess of balance has been claimed by a woman named Yuri."

   Voices exploded in the throne room. Everyone, besides the king and queen, talked amongst themselves or to another. Zeus looked annoyed and Hera seemed quite surprised. 

"Are you telling me that a demigoddess has been discovered without my knowledge?!" Zeus roared over everyone else, shutting them up.

"Y-yes, my King. She's just a young teenager-" Iris started.

"I do not care if she is a young babe! She needs to be brought here immediately!"

"My King, Keres is after her." Apollo calmly stated.

"And the Guardians?"

"He is trying to kill them."

    Queen Hera covers her face and sighs.Athena grows rigid in her seat. 

"That will erupt earth into chaos." Artemis, another sibling of Apollo, admitted.

"I'm afraid, it is already happening." Iris confessed.


   Persephone is in the infirmary of the guardians castle. She stands at the foot of a 'hospital' bed where you are laying. Luhan was sitting on a stool with his body leaning over, holding your right hand. Sehun was in the bed laying down with you.

"He's barely remorseful." Luhan suddenly says bitterly.

"Lu-" Kyungsoo starts.

"Why isn't she waking up?" Sehun questions.

"She's unconscious but not completely unresponsive." Yixing adds as he walks into the room with extra blankets.

"But why?" Chanyeol urges as he appears right behind him.

"She didn't travel through the portal correctly. And all of her abilities were linked in with her, it was too much for traveling such a vast distance. Her falling onto the floor didn't help either." Persephone explained.

"Where's Christina?" Kai, currently staring out the window, asked.

"Kitchen." Tao and Baekhyun said at the same time. Kai teleported instantly.

"Kris is going to pay for this." Luhan spits.

"Kris and Tao still need to bond like the rest of you." Persephone reminded.

"I don't care. He doesn't deserve her."

"Luhan-"

"He's right." Sehun interrupted.

"I say Xiumin fights him." Suho suggests. Everyone looks at him with wide eyes.

"Suho you're like the least violent person I know. Wow. Yixing is even more violent than you and he can only heal." Kyungsoo exclaims.

"That's not true!" Xing snaps.


"What you did was dangerous, son." Iroh said as he appeared out of the shadows.

"It was a risk I was willing to take. And re-take." Kris bitterly responded.

"You would take the risk of killing your patron goddess and your brothers?"

"Persephone is my patron goddess. My mother is my patron goddess. Not her." He replies, leaning against the window.

"Miss Choi is your Keeper, and maybe your soon-to-be wife."

"Her name is Yuri." Kris bites out, refusing to make eye contact.

"I was giving our divine goddess respect to her name. Maybe you should too." Iroh chides.

   Iroh takes Kris by the elbow out of the hallway.

"What are you doing?"

"We are going to the infirmary."

"I don't want to."

"Too bad. You need to apologize."

"To who?" Kris questions as they stand outside of the corridor that has the small infirmary.

"Everyone probably."

"I don't see why."

   Iroh sighs and rubs his face in frustration before placing his hands back under his dark cloak. The two of them hear a couple of the boys talking on the other side of the walls.

"Have you yet to understand that you are supposed to love her and protect her more than your own brothers?" Iroh exasperates.

"How could you ask me to love someone more than the siblings I helped raise?"

   The elder man grows annoyed as he grabs Kris by the arm again and pulls him inside.

"She's not even a full goddess." Kris mumbles.


"Speak of the devil." Luhan says sarcastically.

"What?" Chanyeol asks.

"And he shall appear." Suho finishes with his arms folded against his chest.

"Shouldn't it technically be 'speak of Hades'?" Baekhyun asks and Tao smacks his arm.

"Ow!"

"Dude! How are you gonna talk about Hades when his wife is in the room with us!" Chen yells as Kris walks in.

    Kris rolls his eyes as Iroh strides in behind him and shuts the double doors. The room stills as silence sets in and Kris looks back and forth from his brothers to you. He huffs and take a deep breath.

"Sorry." he grumbles.

"For what?" Xiumin snaps. He approaches his brother and comes face to face with him, practically snarling.

"...For hurting her."

"Hurting her? You ing nearly killed her!" Yixing growls, Tao places a hand on his chest to keep him back.

"Boys-" Persephone started.

"It doesn't matter, he's lying anyway." Luhan hisses, staring at you peacefully sleeping.

   The room becomes even more tense and Sehun's body goes rigid. He even made it a point to wrap his arm around you just in case. Kris looks over at Tao for reassurance, but the only thing his little brother does is shake his head at him with disgust.

"Really Tao? You just met her!" Kris exclaims, pointing at you. Luhan grips your hand slightly tighter to hold himself back.

"It doesn't matter Kris!" Tao shouts.

"I already love her..." he then adds, much softer. Suho gives him a side-hug.

"That's ludicrous!" Kris shouts back. 

"I have to go." Persephone quickly interrupts. Less than a second later she steps through her black teleporter and disappears.

"Oh that's wonderful. Good Job. Goddesses feel so safe around you huh?" Yixing retorts.

"Don't you think you've done enough?" Chanyeol asks Kris calmly with cold eyes, which scares most of the people in the room.

   Kris, fed up with being ganged up on, turns around. He steps aside Iroh and starts opening the left door to leave.

"And you know what the messed up part is?" Luhan said with venom in his voice.

"Luhan..." Iroh started.

"No! You want to know what the messed up part was Kris, do you?" he says with tears in his eyes.

   Kris didn't move from his spot, he remained looking out the open door.

"Ask me." Luhan taunted with streams running down his face.

   Silence.

"Me and Kai were the first to meet her. The first to love her. And when I found her there- broken- on the floor again, she was crying out your name Kris."

   The younger tenses up his shoulders, but still doesn't move.

"Your ing name!" Luhan yelled, slamming his fist on the bed.

    It takes a full five seconds before Kris can walk out, and he slams the door so hard that it shakes the frame.