Chapter 65

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

   The night felt like being in a whirlwind of commotion.

   The place they dragged you to was a roughly built stage, centered approximately in the middle of the forum. There was a throne-looking chair seated next to a podium that looked like to be built from the same wood as the stage. The creaky steps worried you about tripping up the staircase. You missed a step and Tao was there immediately to stabilize you at your shoulders.

"Thank you." you whisper, walking to the throne.

   You stand on the tips of your toes to give him a quick kiss on the cheek. People standing in the grass "ooh" and "awh" at the two of you and you feel a blush creeping up your face. Tao seems to be blissed out and doesn't care at all. Kris claps him on the back to regain his senses and makes him go stand at his position, behind you. As a matter of fact, all twelve stood behind you as civilians went and got chairs for Sophie and the other Olympians to sit next to you. Less than five minutes later, the four of you were sitting in a row and the townfolk quieted down to a whisper.

   You weren't really paying attention when Persephone decided to speak. In all honesty, you had no interest in what she had to say because you were so overwhelmed looking out to the crowd. Noticing, Luhan stepped closer to you and put a hand on your shoulder, tracing circles with his thumb. You take in a deep breath and fake a smile to everyone.

"She's almost done, after this we can start the activities."

"What activities?"

"Well first, the citizens are going to have questions. We will pick them and you answer honestly. Then there are plenty of games in the forum for everybody to do, like archery, a fire whip show, arts and crafts, and whatever else."

"I don't know if I can handle this."

"Of course you can, we will be here for you all the way. If you need anything, or anyone, just let me know. I'll be listening to you the entire time."

   You lower your head quickly to signal a short nod and Luhan continues to massage your shoulder. The tension slowly fades and you nearly feel tired from how relaxing it feels.


   As the night dragged on, anxiety filled the pit of your stomach. You believed that it would simmer down as time would pass but there were too many pressing thoughts that started to eat you alive. 

Where is Keres? Did he send his minions out looking for us? What did we leave behind? Are we sure they knew we left Earth? Did they ever leave? Are they still there? What about my high school? My band director? Will I ever see my house again? How did my dad know? Why aren't we doing anything? I should be training, right? How am I supposed to have a legion of armies swear under me if I can't even protect myself?

"Yuri, stop."

   You swear a wave of nausea hits you after jumping from hearing Luhan. Admittedly, you were zoning out and didn't even realize you weren't socializing with your townspeople.

"I can't help it!" you confess.

"It's okay." Luhan tries to put a hand on your shoulder again but you swat it away.

"No, it's not! People could be dying right now Luhan! And we aren't doing a damn thing about it!" 

"Lower your voice." Kris says, walking towards you.

   Disobeying orders, you turn on your heel and leave. You didn't want to admit that Kris is right, you know you shouldn't start a commotion for everyone to see. Instead of taking it out at them, you decide the cold shoulder is the best option for now. They try to find you but you purposely weave in and out between the crowd of people to shake them off. After several minutes of them calling out your name and you ducking behind booths, you spot Kyungsoo ending a conversation with a large family. 

"Of course sir, as soon as it's allowed I'll head to the farm and make an irrigation canal for your crops to use. No, thank you."

   Not wanting to barge in, you wait until the family leaves and then you go throw yourself at him. He makes a grunt as you fling your arms around his neck and then he kisses the side of your face.

"Hey there."

"I want to stay with you."

"You stay with me everyday, Goddess." he smiles.

"No I mean right now."

"Got tired of Kris?"

"And Luhan."

"Really?" his eyes widen to make him look like an owl, "What did he do? You're always with him."

"Am not."

"Are too."

   You huff and he lightly laughs before pressing another kiss to your face. He then looks up at the sky.

"Luhan is looking for you. He sounds freaked out."

"Tell him I'm with you and I'm staying with you."

"....He wants to know where we are."

"Don't tell him."

   Kyungsoo shrugs as his telepathic conversation with Luhan ends. The elder did say a couple of mean things to the earth guardian but it didn't bother him. He knows his goddess comes first and he will listen to you before his brother. Realistically, he enjoys stealing time away from him to have with you. 

   It only takes a couple of minutes for him to call you down. He changes the topic easily and you discuss the breakfast tomorrow you're going to have with that kind mother and her son. A little while after that, a young couple comes up to you asking for a job in the palace. They've just recently gotten married without their parents permission and are now in a feud with them. 

"The only reason why they don't want us together is because my father believes that Sungkyu's uncle stole cattle from us over twenty years ago." Haneul, Sungkyu's newlywed wife, explained.

"And my mother thinks that Haneul is a bad choice for a soulmate because she fears her father will harass me. It's madness, my goddess. Now we aren't accepted into their homes and have been sleeping in the barns of our friends farms."

   Your eyes tear up and you put your hand over Haneul's.

"My god, that's awful! Of course you can! Kyungsoo can you please go find Iroh? He should be able to help us."

   Haneul hugs you the entire time Kyungsoo is out looking for his mentor and Sungkyu has been repeating "thank you" over and over again. Haneul lets out a yelp when Tao teleports in with Kai and has Kyungsoo and Iroh in tow. Kai winks at you before teleporting back to wherever he just came from.

"Now, what's going on? Christina and I were having a drink at this small shop that was being runned by a very kind man."

"You sure have been spending a lot of time with Christina." Tao mutters.

   You cover your mouth and Kyungsoo smirks at your reaction, thinking about how naive you are.

"You like my Christina?!" you say a little to loud for anyone's comfort.

" 'My' Christina?" Tao adds, snorting. Kyungsoo begins to laugh.

   Sungkyu and Haneul are left silent as they listen to your conversation. You honestly forget about them for a couple seconds while Iroh tries to avoid the claim. 

"You children I sw-"

"Oh my god! You do! I have to tell her!"

"No!"

   Iroh grabs you by the arm and the other four people around you break into boisterous laughter. You grin and he shakes his head in annoyance. There is no way you can ever let him live this down.

"What did you want from me?"

"Irina." Tao blurts.

"What?" Haneul asks.

"Irina! Get it? Iroh, Christina- Irina!"

   You bust out the biggest laugh as Haneul looks at your guardian as if he grew a second head. Iroh outright scowls and it makes you laugh harder. You had tears running down your face by the time you were finished. Only then were you able to explain the breakfast to Iroh and the situation about the newlyweds. He hesitantly agreed and wisked the two away while you were left with Kyungsoo and Tao. You hug the latter and he blushes. 


 

 

A/N: Things will pick up next chapter for those wanting violence. Sorry I know this is horrible, but I tried. Thank you to krml_09 for coming up with Irina ;)

Awhile back I decided to come up with a Halloween story. Check it out? It's BTS and it's a comedy with an OC. It has 3 parts and they will all be up before Halloween is through :)

Bangtan: A Very Scary Halloween