Chapter 56

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

   For the past two days, you have remained unconscious. A lot has happened within those forty-eight hours, as the Guardians have feared that Keres would find the planet sooner or later, and somehow find a way to break into it. They have set the entire world on lockdown, monitoring and checking every being that is allowed to come in or leave. 

   Persephone has been popping in and out while the twelve boys have been taking turns in having shifts to watch over you. Luhan willingly started the shift, but wouldn't leave until Xiumin and Chanyeol dragged him away after thirty hours. The original length of the shift is supposed to be only six. All of the boys were worried about you, but a couple of them were taking it harder than the others. While Luhan was with you, Kyungsoo and Tao were running errands across the tiny world to spread the news. Honestly, the dwarf planet was ecstatic to know that their patron goddess has arrived.

"Yuri is the patron goddess here?" Baekhyun asked in shock.

"Well of course dear, she is the reason why you are who you are." Persephone replied kindly.

"I'm just...just so proud of her Goddess." he gushed.

"Just remember to give her all the love she needs when she wakes, Yuri will be scared and upset."

"Loving her is like breathing."

   The world that your Guardians were raised in was a lot more lush than earth and a lot more natural. It seems that society was stuck in nearly medieval times, with creatures and plant life that is not anything like the kinds on your world. Terrexo, or Exo for short, was made to mimic Earth at its prime. Where nature was still the most prevalent and ruling force, with the balance of humans before they became polluted wasters.

   Although Exo has been around for a long time, it is nowhere near as old as earth. Terrexo is not in the Milky Way, but in the galaxy named the 'Sagittarius Dwarf Irregular Galaxy' or SagDIG for short as scientists have dubbed. Exo is not in the Milky Way because of safety reasons, but it in fact borders it.

   Kyungsoo had the second shift once he got back from running errands, and he explained this all to you so time would pass faster. Ability-wise, he and Yixing were the most affected in your current state. You and 'Soo are so linked together that with things out of balance he feels so...odd.

"I don't know goddess, my stomach is constantly churning and it requires me to rest a lot more." he said to you, as if he was searching for answers in your closed eyes.

"And when you get up, I'm going to show you the entire world. Every plant, every animal, every beautiful place that we can go make memories in." he says sweetly.

"Soo?" Lay calls out.

"Yeah?"

   Xing and Tao walk into the infirmary with soup and water. Yixing has a shift of his own to do, after Tao's actually, but he comes in numerous times a day to do healing sessions. 

"My turn." Tao answers, sitting on the bed next to you.

   The guardian of nature sighs. Tao leans over and caresses your face.

"I know, but I don't want to."

"You have places to be." Lay reminded, hovering his hands over your scalp to begin healing.

"She's more important."

"She is to me too, I'm tired of running halfway around the planet to do measly house calls. She needs me more than ever." he complained.

"At least you're bonded with her..." Tao says softly.

   They both stop talking, Yixing makes a grim face and Kyungsoo leans over to pat his back.

"When she wakes up you will be. You're one of her favorites." Kai says, popping in momentarily.

"Really?" Tao looks up.

"Yuri doesn't pick favorites." Kyungsoo defended.

"Yes she does, and you know it. All four of us are." Kai answers, crossing his arms.

"But we haven't even officially met yet." your time controller whines.

"That doesn't matter, she has always been so interested in you. And you protected her when you showed up. By the way, how did you show up?"

"Persephone, it's the only valid reason." Xing interrupted.

"What if she doesn't love me because we didn't bond on time? We were supposed to already."

   Kai comes up and back hugs him, because he honestly doesn't know. Is that possible?

"I already love her Kai. Is that even normal?"


"Rissy, it just feels like this is my fault."

"Do not say that, Keres has caused all of this chaos, not you."

"Have you went to Persephone yet?" Nemesis asked.

"Nay." Iris shakes her head.

   Both goddesses were in Exo, walking around the forum that surrounds the small castle that holds the twelve guardians. Nemesis looks back over her shoulder every couple seconds, knowing that sooner or later someone is going to realize who they are. Both of them were disguised as villagers so they would not draw any attention from the crowd. Iris, who is usually bubbly and easy-going, looked worried as well.

"They need to know, what's her name-"

"Yuri." Iris inserted,

"-Yeah. She needs to know too."

"Yuri has been unconscious since she has arrived, my goddess."

"What? How? Is she in a coma?" Nemesis pestered.

"Not quite, I have been speaking with Iroh-"

"Who?"

"The man who raised The Twelve. Anyway, he says that it is not really a coma. Her abilities are still very vulnerable and touchy. When she was pushed into the portal-"

"What?! Pushed?" Nemesis exclaims a little too loud, receiving glares from a blacksmith who was forging metal in a shack they passed.

"All of her abilities were and it was too much for her human body to take in while traveling such vast distances."

"?"

"Aye," Iris nods, "she is a different kind of demigoddess. Really strong indeed."

   Nemesis puffs her cheeks out and stares at the pretty sky. Iris grabs her elbow.

"Nemi, look! Persephone knows we are here." Iris points ahead.

   Approaching them is the Queen of the Underworld in all her glory. She freely wore her true image, making commonfolk move aside with gasps and whispers. Her face shows interest and she picks up the pace, her dark robes fluttering around her legs. For a brief second Iris thought of running, but she knows there is no reason to fear. Her hands do end up shaking, she has only spoken to the Dark Queen a couple of times.

"Welcome girls." Persephone claps her hands together.


   After checking in with you and his brothers, Kai teleported back into the kitchen, and his heart tightened in his chest. Christina was against the sink staring out the window with concern painted across her face. She didn't even notice he appeared.

   He understands that Christina must be confused and lost. The only person she considers a relative hasn't opened her eyes in nearly three days. Feeling guilty, like it was his fault, he fakes a charming smile and throws his arms around her frail shoulders. She jumps from the sudden contact, but eventually gives a soft grin. Christina hugs him back and sighs.

"Goodness Kai, my hair is already white enough." she chuckles.

"You mean gorgeous enough?"

"Yuri will be envious when she discovers you have taken a liking to older women." a voice says behind them.

"Iroh I'm sure she won't mind, she can't get enough of me." Kai cracks, turning around to face his mentor.

"Did this man just call me old?" Christina says with a stern look on her face.

   Iroh's eyes widened as Kai covered his mouth with both hands.

"Oh gracious, your Miss Choi's caretaker are you not? My apologies." he bows curtly.

"No reason to start getting friendly now." Christina huffs. Kai has to hold back from laughing.

"I, uh, have you settled in yet?" Iroh questions awkwardly.

"Changing the subject I see? Yes I have my room, if that's what you mean."

"I am dearly sorry miss, compared to me your age would be just a hatchling."

   Kai unhooks his arm around her and she takes the opportunity to scuffle her way to the elder man.

"Move please." she snips.

   Iroh moves out of the doorway and she speed walks to the opposite corridor to her room. The mentor blinks owlishly at Kai, who in return shrugs his shoulders.


   After the shift was done, it became Lay's turn to watch over you. Disobeying his orders, Tao went and holed himself up in his room. For the past twenty minutes he has been laying on his back throwing up a ball and catching it. It is a game he played often when he was much younger and trying to figure out his powers. Sometimes he would slow down time so the ball would fall slowly, or speed up to test his reaction time.

   Just like the rest of his brothers, he was supposed to be running errands across his 'kingdom'. He couldn't though, you have been stuck in his head since you met. He felt frustrated and irritable.

"Get yourself together, gosh." he said out loud to himself, slowing down time to grab his hair before the ball falls.

    Awhile later, he places it next to him on the bed and sits up.

"I love her. I love her and I don't even know what love is. How can I understand something I've never had?" he grumbles, facing the wall.

"She loves you too, you know."

   Tao jumps up and turns around. His brother is leaning in the half open doorway. Tao sighs and walks to the door and invites him in. They both end up sitting in his bed.

"I figured you would be up here." Xiumin said. Tao shrugs.

"Sehun has been looking everywhere for you."

"I don't care."

"Why don't you come with me to check on her?"

   Tao sighs and shakes his head. His shoulders slouch and it makes his older brother grimace.

"Why not?" Xiumin asks again after a couple seconds.

"Because....what...what if she wakes up while I'm there?"

"You don't want her to?"

"I'm scared of...rejection. I'm scared okay?"

   Xiumin is left with his mouth slightly ajar. His younger brother is usually fearless when it comes to confrontations. He knew that Tao was nervous, but he had no idea that he was worried to this extent. 

"Tao, she loves you too. She loves us all, and I have never met someone who has a heart as big."

"Even more than Suho?"

"Way more than Suho."


 

 

 

A/N: What do you think so far? 

Do you have any questions?

Comment below!