Chapter 60

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

A/N: Update 3 of 3. But will most likely be posting another update within a day or so to stay on track, I've been really busy and lost wifi for awhile.

I understand that in the last chapter I posted it before it was finished on accident. I apologize, and that chapter has been completed. Go find your place and read it now if you were one of my subbies who got on and read it early!

There's a very important poll at the bottom with an explanation, and I would really appreciate it if you would take it and even leave a comment down below on how you feel about it.


   You were able to shove all the boys out of the room after your very last healing session with Yixing. It was wonderful to see them, but it's only a matter of time before they start driving you crazy again. And you were ready to pull your hair out.

   Chen kept apologizing,  Xiumin and Suho kept cramming trivia down your throat about the world you are now in, Sehun was being overprotective and possessive again, Luhan cried, and Kai was being extremely clingy. You love all the attention from your guardians, but you felt as if you needed to recharge your social stamina. Iroh even came in and helped shoo them away and threatened with excess training time out in the courtyard- for everyone in the forum to see.

   You have never met Iroh before, and you were uneasy when he introduced himself. From the beginning, you found out that the guardians had a mentor and they have been training their whole life to serve and protect you, and they understood that if someone got to you then the balance of the universe would falter. However, it wasn't until Xiumin appeared that you learned the mentor's name. You have thought about it from time to time and pictured Iroh as a menacing trainer, tall and dark with a stern voice. Yet upon meeting him formally, you realized that your imagination was definitely overreacting.

   Iroh wasn't a skyscraper like you thought he would be, in modern society he would be considered stocky with average height, maybe under. You pictured a Li Shang from Mulan, the intimidating captain who was ruthless with training, and instead got an elder Asian man who looked like he could have been a Kung Fu master with a beard and mustache. Iroh's voice was raspy like gravel with a soft touch, and the more he spoke the more comfortable you felt.

   He was the one to explain that you are the patron goddess of Terrexo, and you are basically the reigning queen there as duties and respect go. You were shocked at first because well, holy hell. First you're a goddess and now you have a kingdom? 

   You asked about earth and it seemed like Iroh had a glimpse of remorse in his eye, but did not say what it meant. Thankfully, the mentor did explain that goddesses can stay and live wherever they want, as long as they switch up and come here often. He also pointed out that you're awakening brought joy to the public, as they have been excited to meet you.

   It made you lay back in the uncomfortable scratchy bed and think; there's a whole kingdom out there? Who wants you? Who has never met you but is wanting to make a holiday after you?

   Lost in your own thoughts, you neglected the cotton feeling in your throat and closed your eyes. Your soul and mind; the two parts of you that help your powers; seemed at peace here. Something is nagging at the back of your mind, but the world you are currently on seems to be very balanced and it makes you happy.

"Goddess?" you hear an unfamiliar voice from behind the door.

"Come in." you anxiously call out.

   You know in your gut that you have heard the voice before, you just couldn't put a name or a face to it. It was a little deep and also had an underlying rasp. However, when he stepped into the room you could easily tell who it was, even if you have just met.

   Well, technically. 

"Tao!" You exclaim.

   He actually jumped in surprise. His face was priceless and you cracked a smile from your chapped lips. The guardian tried to smile back at you, but he forces himself to stop halfway in. You cocked your head from curiosity and he made his way to you. Unlike all the others, minus Kris, Tao had no urge to climb in the bed with you. He sat himself on the stool and you secretly didn't like it. How spoiled must you be to expect skinship from everyone at all times?

"I would have believed you have already forgotten my face by now."

"How could I forget the face of my Guardian?" you countered.

"My brothers try to convince me that you have been eager for us to meet." he says, changing the topic.

"There's no need to keep your language so formal with me, Tao. We are going to spend the rest of our lives together, you and I are going to become so close. Yes, to answer your question, I've been waiting a long time to meet you. Well it seems long anyway, it's only been like what, a month? That's crazy."

   Tao is taken aback on his true first impression of you. He was expecting a regal goddess, all high and mighty with an ethereal presence. To him, you only seemed like a kind teenager, nothing like the Olympians he has formally met. It gave him a little bit of a relief. Just a couple days before he was only able to see you in your war mindset. He secretly admits that you could have had a calmer head in the situation, but it would be wrong to judge you on your first fight.

"Tao?" you ask, cutting through the silence and him from his thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"Come here." you beckon, smiling and patting the spot next to you on your bed.

   The rest of your guardians have always boasted about how elite they are, and nearly every single one has praised Tao's name on his cool dark exterior and superior experience in fighting. Yet his moves were quite jerky when he uncomfortably took the spot next to you on the makeshift hospital bed. He angles himself so he was sitting cross-legged facing you, the time controlling brother made it to where he wasn't touching you at all. 

"There we go, there's no need to be guarded off around me."

"But we haven't....uhm..."

"Bonded yet? Would you like to? I can call for Persephone right now?"

"Really?" he asked in shock.

"Well, duh! We should have done it days ago. Sorry about that by the way, don't think it's possible when I'm knocked out."

"We can...wait Goddess. It isn't a big deal." he excused, and you cocked your head to the side.

"Don't you feel it?" you ask with curiosity.

"Feel what?" he questioned, scrunching his forehead.

"The feeling in your stomach? Something feels off, you have been feeling it since I've made my arrival, correct?"

   He slowly nods his head in realization.

"I feel it too, it's because we haven't established the bond. I'm sure of it, the forces of life itself are calling ourselves to one another." you reach up and touch his cheek. He freezes.

"Why are you so scared?" you whisper, more in thought.

   At that moment, the door of the pharmacy opens. Luhan sticks his head in and Tao tries jumping back, as if he was a child who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. However, you held him there in the same position.

"I heard your thoughts Yuri, would you like me to go get Persephone?" he asks awkwardly, scratching the back of his head.

"I would like that very much, Lu. We have waited long enough." you reply, not breaking eye contact with Tao.

"Right away." the older said, and quickly left.

"He calls you by your name?" Tao questions after a beat.

"Mhm", you hum, "as a matter of fact they all do I think. It would be weird to fall in love with each other and call names such as 'Goddess' and 'Guardian'."

"You know about the marriages?" Tao asks incredulously.

"Of course, I want to love you, silly."

   Tao looks down in disappointment and you reach for his hand and place yours on top of his.

"What's the matter? You don't want my love?" you ask with pain evident in your voice.

   It hurt your feelings. A lot.

"No tha-" 

   The door opens again and Persephone rushes in with a bright smile on her face. She claps her hands together in delight, her signature move. 

"Well let us get this done before sweet Sophia finished your speech."

"My speech?" you ask in complete confusion.


   A large crowd of common folk have been impatiently waiting in the courtyard. From their perspective looking up, all they can see is a balcony and the top half of the double doors. They have been anything but quiet, anxious to await their patroness. Fortunately for them the weather has been fair since you have arrived, and they have assigned that as a good omen. It is also one of the many reasons the forum has regained its vibrancy. By now, the news has long since spread, that upon realization, it was two guardians that rushed back to the castle and how they accidentally exclaimed your awakening.

   Sophie's perspective was on the other side of the double doors, taking in deep breaths. The girl has always been known to be vivacious and confident (it runs in the goddess-like genes!) but this is an experience that she cannot compare to, and believes that she never will. 

   Like any other person, Sophie had fears. For instance, one is dying alone. The thought of loneliness is horrifying to her. Another is whales because of that near accident when the two of you went to an aquarium when you were both younger. She now believes she has discovered another. What if they react negatively to her appearance because she is not Yuri Choi the Keeper? Sophie has heard many refer to her reacquainted best friend as so, and she is fully aware about how passionate the people of the kingdom can be. There has already been talk of statues and temples being built in her honor.

   Not that the young athenian-chosen demigoddess envied any of that, she has never had any obsession with materialistic things, but what if they found out what the other Olympian goddesses previously said? That if Sophie dwelled long enough here and helped Yuri rule she may become a patroness as well? What if they accuse her of stealing the limelight?

"Well, there's no time for that now." she forced, reaching for the door handles.

   The sunlight was blinding, she firstly noticed. All the talk that once clamored about below ceased. The atmosphere made her suffocate under supposed scrutiny and she rested her hands (her sword sheathed and shield on her back) on the bannister to help balance herself. 

"Is that not the crest of Athena?" one citizen asked.

" 'Tis, but she is not her." another answered.

   Sophie cleared , and began what is known to become one of the most notorious speeches made throughout the planet and neo-Olympic history.

"Subjects of the beautiful world of Terrexo, my name is Sophia Grace Promachos, demigoddess of tactical strategy and, more importantly, the apprentice of Athena..."


 

 

 

A/N: Πρόμαχος, or Promachos, directly translates to "The First Fighter" or "She who fights in front" and is an epithet given to the goddess Athena, who has been described in ancient works as a woman who was slow to anger, and valued reason. :)

 

THIS POLL IS NOT MADE TO START DEBATES 

I must say that yes, I am an American caucasion. However, I respect all religions, backgrounds, races, and orientations. This poll is not for racist ideas and I will report any who turn it into that kind of topic in the comments down below. You must trust that I will do proper background research, and that the opinions of the characters are just that. Opinions of characters. And they do not correctly correspond with mine.

I know there is a lot of horrible things going on in the world today, but I stress that this is not the reason why I am asking. It is only for Christina's character development.

I hope everyone has a beautiful rest of the week!

Have questions or ideas? Comment, pm, or follow me on Twitter @mirandasyleste