Catching Up

Complicated Love
Kai's POV
"So, how have you been?" I asked as i leaned forward and folded my arms on the table. 
 
"Well, besides my mums death, everything else has been great.. What about you then?" Her mums death?  
 
"Wait, what? Your mums death? What do you mean?" I asked with wide eyes, shocked and confused by what she just said. 
 
"Yeahhh, i'm sorry for not telling you.. The reason i left Seoul was because my mum was in her last stage of cancer. I had to see her and cherish every last moment with her before it was too late. But, she's gone now Kai.." she stated while looking down. I could tell she was getting teary as i heard her sniff. 
 
I reached for her hand and caressed it, "I'm sorry for your loss Hana. And you know what, i'm really sorry for not calling you while you were gone. I'm sorry for pushing you away back then. I'm sorry i neglected you. I'm sorry i couldn't be your shoulder to cry on when your mum left. I'm sorry for not being there for you. I'm sorry for everything.." I apologized from the bottom of my heart as i stared at her sparkling eyes that were filled with sadness. I should have known. Gosh Kai, what kind of person are you, i scolded myself. 
 
Hana's POV
"Hey, i forgive you alright. Besides, It wasn't your fault. I understand, you have Krystal so why should i bother you? Hahaha." i laughed bitterly. But it was true though, why would i bother him knowing that he has her?
 
"I broke up with her." He said. 
 
My eyes widened in shock but honestly speaking, my heart was having a mini party inside. I know, it was a little rude of me but i can't help it. Cut it out Hana. 
 
I was about to say something regarding their break up but he was faster and said, "I don't really want to talk about it right now." 
 
"Oh, alright but my ears are all ready if you feel like talking about it." i said and smiled sincerely, earning a small smile from him. 
 
"So, how have YOU been Kai?" I asked. 
 
"Hmmm, nothing much but sad and depressed since you left." He admitted as he crossed his arms furiously. 
 
"Ayeeee, come on. I'm sure it wasn't that ba-" 
 
"Oh, it was bad alright." he hissed with wide eyes while nodding his head. 
 
Wow, i didn't know my absence really affected him. But hey, I went through even worst okay. 
 
"Since there isn't much for me to talk about, tell me about Busan!" He exclaimed excitedly with his big gorgeous smile that i adore so much. 
 
"Hmmm, Busan was great! I found lots of stuff that we used to do together and lots and lots of pictures of us from when we were little. I even have one in my wallet!" 
 
Author's POV 
She's so cute. Kai thought to himself, laying his chin on his hand and the other on the table as he watched Hana take out the picture. 
 
"There you go!" They both looked at the photo and muttered 'memories' in unison. They giggled but stopped when their eyes met. 
 
"Ehem.." Hana cleared and continued, "Other than that, i met a lot of new friends there! As a matter of fact, i only met one of them at first but as we got closer, he decided to introduce me to his friends. He invited them over to Busan since they live here in Seoul. When they were there, we all grew so close that i didn't even view them as new friends. It literally feels as if i've known them since young. You should meet them! I'll introduce them to you one day!" She said enthusiastically. 
 
Wow, they must be really good to her. He was a little jealous but he let it off, as long as she's happy then he is. Just look at the way she smiles while sharing her story.
 
"I would love to meet them!" Kai beamed. At least now i know that she's been in good hands when i wasn't there for her.