Busan

Complicated Love

Hana's POV

I've finally arrived in Busan after that dramatic incident and long ride. Everything is still fresh in my mind but i pushed all those thoughts away. I came here for mum and maybe to take things off my mind at the same time.

For mum Hana, do this for mum. I then made my way to mum's house or should i say, my house. I grew up in Busan but moved to Seoul alone to study there, thanks to my lovely parents who were sweet and caring enough to buy me an apartment there.

Once i was in my house, i settled everything and walked around for a while. I missed you so much home. I grabbed a picture frame that was on the shelf and admired it. It was a picture of me and Kai when we were 8. He has always lived in Seoul but since my mum and his mum were best friends, they would come here often just to catch up on some stuff and hangout. That's how Kai and i met, and that's also how we ended up as unseperatable bestfriends. We were so close back then. I miss those bitersweet moments. I put down the photo frame i was holding and took another that caught my eye.

This time, it was a picture of me and my parents. I didn't have any siblings, neither was i close to any of my cousins and relatives. My parents were always so caring and nice towards me since i was their one and only child. They'd buy me numerous amount of toys and clothes that i didn't really need. I'm trying to brag or anything. I really do appreciate everything that they've done for me. Not everyone gets treated the way i was treated. I caressed the picture of my mum and dad. I still miss my dad so much despite him being long gone already. His death still affects me greatly. And now that my mum's leaving me, i was even more afraid to carry on with my own life. I getting choked up and emotional but i gulped the tears away. You are not going to spend your time here being sad and depressed Hana, i reminded myself.

I'm going to cherish my last moments with my precious mother before she's gone. Once she's gone, i'm going to be all alone. No one's going to call me just to check on how i'm doing. I won't be able to argue with her or gossip about boys with her and i won't be able to share things with her like i always do. I sighed and pushed all those thoughts aside and headed out to the hospital. The same hospital my took his last breath at. Stay strong Hana, this is all for mum.

At the hospital

I entered the room only to find her lifeless looking body laying on the hospital bed. She looked so fragile and thinner than usual that i could see her bones so clearly. Everything was so much more prominent. Her cheeks were sunken and her skin was as pale as a ghost. But of course, she still looks beautiful in my eyes.

"Annyeong umma~" I greeted her with a forced smile and brought her into an embrace.

"Oh, what are you doing here sweetie?" her sweet voice was still as sweet as ever and i missed it so much.

"Umma.. I missed you so much umma.. Why didn't you tell me?" i pouted. She giggled and pinched my cheeks. It was a habit of hers to do so.

"Aigooo, i missed you too sweetie. I'm so sorry for not telling you sooner.." she said and i just nodded, not wanting to make it a huge deal. I didn't want to spend the time there being mad and upset at her for not informing me about her deadly sickness. I was only letting it go because time was running out. Her time was nearing and i had to cherish my last moments with her.

We catched up on stuff for hours, joked around with each other about pointless things that laughters and smiles filled the dull room. I felt relieved being able to hear her laugh so heartily and see her beautiful smile again. It made me feel better as her child,

It was already getting late and she was clearly exhausted from entertaining me. She fell asleep without a warning, making me smile at how child-like she was. I kissed her on the forehead and tucked her in like she always did for me when i was younger.

"I love you umma.." I whispered into her ear and headed out the room.

 


Sorry for the crappy chapter guys. I'm really exhausted >< This is the last update for the night and of course, i hope you enjoyed despite how awful it was haha. I'll make sure to do a better job tmr. Goodnight lovelies~ - xoxo, pizzalove