EXO

Complicated Love
 

Author's POV

3 months has passed. Kai and Krystal has been more loving and sweet towards each other since the day Kai woke up from his depression state. Kai has been taking care of Krystal a lot, taking her out on regular dates and just keeping her happy. With the both of them treating each other sweetly and properly, everything was going well.
 
But deep inside, he still misses his best friend and prays everyday to see her soon. 
 
He tried to get rid of his feelings but it haunts him everytime he did. 12 years of friendship left a huge impact on his life. He was still waiting for her presence once again. She never left his mind.
 
Hana on the other hand was better than ever. Thanks to Luhan and his group of friends— Kris, Sehun, Xiumin, Chen, D.O, Suho, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Lay and Tao. Luhan called his friends a few weeks back and invited them to his house in Busan. Since they were on break and had no plans, they agreed to pay a visit. 
 
Their first meeting was awkward but as time passed, they all grew closer to each other. Aside from their good looks and hot bodies, they were really nice, caring and hilarious. They're basically 'mood makers'. They never failed to make her smile. She was so grateful to have met friends like them that could take her mind off of things like Kai and her mothers death.
 
Hana's POV
"Tell us about your best friend, what happened to you guys?" I gulped after receiving the question from Luhan. I've told him bit and pieces of information about Kai but i never got around to tell him the whole story about our friendship and how things fell to the dumps.
 
All of us decided to visit the beach since it was a beautiful day and here we are sitting in a circle, just sharing stories and interesting experiences. It was my turn to share. I scanned their faces and they all looked so curious. Of course i had to tell them. They were giving me their ears and that's the sweetest someone can do for me. Sometimes, all we need is someone to listen.
 
I sighed and started, "Well, first of all.. His name is Kim Jongin but he likes to be called Kai and we've been friends for 12 years."
 
"Wow.."
 
"That's a long time." 
 
"How'd you survive?"
 
They started commenting and i sent a glare to Chanyeol for his unnecessary remark. Well, at least they were listening.
 
"I've always acted like tomboy and he was the only one who could accept the way i was. We would always challenge each other with basketball, but of course he'd ALWAYS win. My height is incompatible to his. He's like a freaking pole! We'd always pick on each other and argue about the littlest, pointless things. And at the end of the day, we'd laugh at how immature we were. We'd chase each other on the hallways of school and get into detention together just for running into the homeroom teacher." i laughed at the memory and continued.
 
"He'd always sit on the corridor of my apartment every morning like a beggar just to go to school with me. I'd always hit him for being an idiot and he'd poke me at random times just to annoy me because he thinks it's funny." i shook my head disbelievingly as i looked at Luhan. 
 
"Some people in school actually mistaken us for we're dating. But we weren't. We were just that close with each other. We go through ups and downs together like any other bestfriends would. But ever since she came, everything has just been about her." i scoffed sadly.
 
"All he could think of was her and eventually, we became distant. He didn't pay any attention to me and only talked to me when he needed help. He didn't even tell me that he was dating her until i found out myself. I felt so betrayed." Sehun was about to ask me a question and i knew what it was. So i answered before he could even utter a word.
 
"No, I don't hate her. Not at all. But i hate myself for not being able to tell him how i really felt. And then one day i had to leave. My mum was so ill and she didn't have much time left so i decided to stay with her for a while before she really left... I told him i was leaving and i didn't think he would actually care if i was gone knowing that he had her. But on the day of my departure, he actually came to the train station with his girlfriend." Their mouths were slightly parted at how dramatic it was. I was surprised that they were still listening.
 
"He told me not to leave him and if you guys were there, you'd think that you were watching some kind of drama. I don't know how he is right now but i don't dare to call or check on him. Not after i left him." I laughed bitterly as my head dropped. I was embarrassed to see their reactions.
 
They were all just looking at me, completely blown away and astonished by my story. 
 
"Hana, do you love him?" Kris asked, with his chin placed on the knuckle of his hands. Everyone else did the same as they leaned in closer to me, obviously curious. I was taken aback by his sudden question. Do i?
 
"Yeah.. I do but it doesn't matter anymore. He's happy and i should be happy for him too." i stated as i gave them a big smile to show that i was fine with it. I wanted to assure them that i will be okay..
 
"You miss him, don't you?" Luhan asked, his eyes fixed only on me.
 
I looked at him straight in the eyes and said, "A lot." I couldn't deny it anymore. He's always in my mind and every night i have to struggle for not being able to sleep from thinking about how he's doing there. I miss him so much..
 
"Then why don't we all go back to Seoul together?" Tao suggested as he smiled softly at me. I love how considerate my friends are.
 
"I'm not sure guys... I'm not ready to meet him." i said honestly.
 
"We're here for you Hana. There's nothing to fear." Sehun said while rubbing my back comfortingly. I'll think about it, i said to myself.
 
 
 

I was planning to update more today but my laptop was giving me a rough time and updating through phone is not easy. T_T Really hope i'll get to update more tmr! Btw, THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO JUST SUBSCRIBED AND FOR THE NEW READERS, WELCOME! Hahah, it totally brightened up my day. (-: i love you all! <3 - xoxo, pizzalove