Gone

Complicated Love

Author's POV

It's been days since Hana's departure but Kai was still in a downcast, making it a challenge for Krystal to bring back the lively and cocky side of him. He wouldn't eat and his eyes were swollen from crying too much. He didn't care if he was acting like a sissy, sobbing day and night. All he knows is he needed his best friend.

He misses his best friend so much that he just didn't feel like doing anything. He even skipped school just to avoid the memories of him and Hana rushing back into his mind. 

Krystal's POV

Alright, that's it. Kai hasn't been eating nor saying a word ever since Hana left and it's making me worried sick. It's really frustrating. This has got to end. I finally spoke up.

"Yah Kim Jongin. This is going to sound really rude but you listen here honey. I know how much you miss your best friend but i miss her too alright. You gotta let go. She's gone for now, but she'll be back. She won't be gone forever. You heard her, didn't you? Don't starve yourself or push me away just because you're heartbroken over her departure. You're not alone in this for god's sake! I've been trying to make you eat up and talk to me but all you do is ignore me. You're building a barrier between your own girlfriend, Kai. You're giving me a hard time and do you know how frustrating that is?! Where is the Kai i know? I miss him as much as he misses Hana okay. I need him back. Besides, do you actually think that Hana would like seeing you this way? She wouldn't! She'd want you to be happy! She'd probably hit you in the head to bring back your senses! WAKE UP KAI! If you're not going to do this for me, at least do it for Hana. Please."

Kai's POV

I stared blankly at Krystal and pulled her into a hug that lasted for minutes. I hugged her tightly and buried my face into her neck. She's right. This is so pathetic of me. Aren't girls usually the one who go days without eating after going through a horrible break up or something? If that's really stereotypical, i'm so sorry. Wow, you're such a sissy Kai. Hana sure wouldn't be pleased seeing you like this. Do it for her. I told myself.

"Thank you for making me realize how useless i've been. I'm really sorry, love." I kissed her soft lips ever so sweetly and smiled for the first time in days.

"Now get your off the bed and eat!" She demanded as she crossed her arms. She sounds like my mum, how cute. I said to myself before grabbing her hand and pulling her to the table to eat with me. I hope you're fine Hana.

A week later

Hana's POV

"NURSE! DR. HAN! WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY MUM?! HELP HER, PLEASE!" i screamed as tears streamed down my face non-stop. 

"Nurse! Get her out of here please!" 

"Alright doctor!" I was pulled out of the room, harshly. I didn't know what to do. Everything turned from peaceful to a world of chaos. I knew this day was going to come but i didn't know it would be this soon. I wasn't expecting it to actually happen. Oh god, please save her, i beg you. I know it seems like i could accept her leaving this world but now that it's actually happening, i don't think i'm strong enough to face it. I buried my already soaked face into my hands and shed more tears of sorrow.

After a few minutes, Dr Han finally came out of the room. His face was bitter and straight, but i still wanted to belive that he had good news. I had a feeling i knew his answer but i asked him anyway. I needed confirmation from him.

"H-H-How is she Doctor?" i bit my lip and asked nervously.

He hesitated to answer but when i placed both my hands on his arms, he took a deep breath and said, "I'm truly sorry Hana. We tried our best but... She didn't make it.." 

What..

That's it..

She's gone, for real now.. I laughed bitterly and dropped to the cold, hard ground.

"We're really sorry Hana." Dr Han apologized as he patted my back softly and walked away to continue his work. 

Everything around me stopped for a moment. Everything seems so dark and dull. I was too traumatized that i couldn't even stand on my feet. I sat there alone, completely stoned and lost. I tried to process everything slowly but i only bawled my eyes out once again. I hugged and buried my face into my knees. I didn't plan on leaving anytime soon..

Until an unknown stranger squatted in front of me.