Chapter 68

Silent World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


I’m listening again Jessica singing Nina’s song called, ‘Someday’. I just realized her voice fit the song perfectly and somehow I want to hear her singing, ‘I Could Not Ask For More’ and suddenly this chapter appear in my mind.

Sooyoung still keep quiet even she was already in her own apartment with Jessica. Since earlier she didn’t let her hand away from Jessica’s. The rain outside help the gloomy aura in their apartment, this case led to something that they never wish.

“Wash your body and let’s rest after this,” Jessica softly said to Sooyoung while rubbing her arms.

Sooyoung did move a bit from Jessica’s side. She still afraid something might happen again. Everything is become unpredictable.

“Hey, I’m fine. We’re safe here,” Jessica could see Sooyoung still keep her guard. She could understand because no one wanted everything turn to be like now. “If you’re afraid something might happen again, I’ll go with you to the bathroom and we wash together.”

Sooyoung only nodded her head. And please readers don’t be byun now because I won’t show it to you that they took a bath together. They will just wash their face, hands and feet also brush their teeth. After they finished, they went out to change their outfit to pajamas. All that time, Sooyoung never take her eyes of Jessica.

“Let’s lie down,” Jessica led Sooyoung to the bed. A smile slowly curves on her face when she saw Sooyoung only obey her order.

Jessica could feel Sooyoung arms wrapping around her waist. She knew Sooyoung want to protect her even nothing could harm her right here right now. Jessica knew Sooyoung still can’t forget what happen in the police station. How could someone forgot if her friend killed someone else because envy you and in the end she suicide just because she want to be the center of attention?

“Hey, I’m fine. You can see that I’m okay, right?” Jessica softly said while caressing Sooyoung’s cheeks. Her eyes lock on Sooyoung’s eyes. She want to make Sooyoung believe that everything is alright.

Sooyoung still didn’t say anything. She just tightens her hug on Jessica’s body.

Slowly Jessica put Sooyoung’s head on her chest. Lightly she is Sooyoung’s hair. She only wishing this could help Sooyoung to calm down.

“You can hear my heartbeat, right? It’s mean that I’m alive and I’m real,” Jessica whispered on Sooyoung’s ear.

“My mom always did when I had a nightmare or there is a storm outside,” Sooyoung replied. “I wish I could introduce you to them.”

“It’s okay,” Jessica replied still Sooyoung’s hair. Gently she kissed Sooyoung’s forehead. “At least you can tell me how your family was.”

“My family just four of them and I’m the youngest. My unnie worked in musical, she has a beautiful voice,” Sooyoung continued. “My dad had a big company and my mom just a good wife who loved taking care our house. She always kept everything clean. Sometimes she scolded me because I never clean up my room. I always made an excuse our housekeeper will do that, but my mom told me that I should learn to do that by myself, maybe someday I will live alone and she was right.”

Jessica could see Sooyoung tightens her grip on her pajamas. She kissed Sooyoung’s cheek gently made Sooyoung staring at her. A soft kiss on their lips helps Sooyoung to calm down again.

“Can we visit them someday?” Jessica asked.

Sooyoung smiled and nodded. “I loved too. And I want to visit your family, but first may I know about them first?”

Jessica pecked Sooyoung’s lips. “Of course you can.” But it made Sooyoung pull her head to kiss her lips made both of them giggling happily.

“Different with you, I’m the oldest in my family. My younger sister still in college and she is 5 years old younger than me,” Jessica start to explained.

“Ah… btw when is your birthday?” Sooyoung suddenly remember.

“My birthday is April 18th 1989,” Jessica answered.

“You’re older than me, I was born Februari 10th 1990,” Sooyoung shocked.

Jessica chuckled. “It wasn’t a big deal, right? Only few month, don’t worry,” she continued poke Sooyoung’s nose.

Sooyoung laughed. “Okay, continue~”

Jessica giggled again when Sooyoung showing her aegyo. She dare to bet this girl never show it to other person. Maybe she shows it to her family but not sure with others.

“My dad is business man like your dad. And same with your mom, my mom love to taking care our house. Next time we visit them, I will make sure you eat the cake that she bake, it’s really delicious,” Jessica continued. “My mom love to scolding me too, but not for cleaning my room, mostly because I’m sleepyhead. In my college time, I always late because I’m lazy to wake up early.”

Jessica giggled. Sooyoung did the same because somehow she can imagine it.

“Like your sister, my sister also loves to sing. Sometimes when we have family gathering, me and my sister will singing together,” Jessica continued.

“Singing? Can you sing for me?” Sooyoung asked. “Since the first time I heard your voice, I feel like your voice like an angel.”

Jessica blushed. “You’re flattering me too much.”

Sooyoung giggled while shook her head. “No, I’m not. I swear your voice is like an angel. It’s so sweet and gentle.”

“Thank you,” Jessica replied softly kiss Sooyoung’s lips.

“So, sing now?” Sooyoung asked.

Jessica nodded and put Sooyoung’s head on her shoulder, one of her hand slowly Sooyoung’s hair.

“Don’t blame me if I fell asleep. Mom sometimes did this when I can’t sleep again,” Sooyoung warned.

“I won’t mind, just listen, okay?” Jessica whispered and gently kiss Sooyoung’s forehead.

Sooyoung nodded and made herself comfortable on Jessica’s hug.

Lying here with you, listening to the rain

Smiling just to see smile upon your face

These are the moments I thank God that I’m alive

These are the moments I’ll remember all my life

I found all I’ve waited for and I could not ask for more

Looking in your eyes, seeing all I need

Everything you are is everything to me

These are the moments I know heaven must exist

These are the moments I know all I need is this

I have all I’ve waited for and I could not ask for more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter