Chapter 65

Silent World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The room remains silent for awhile when Hara, Leeteuk, Chief Taewoo and our killer, Nicole, leave the coffee shop. No one dare to talk first, but Gyuri melt the situation by saying everyone could sit in any table in there and order any food that they want.

Sooyoung took Jessica’s hand and led her to the table next to the window, the table that they used in their first meeting.

“Remember in the past we sit in here and used paper to talk?” Sooyoung asked while squeezing Jessica’s hand gently. “That time I can’t touch you freely like now.”

Jessica smiled to hear that. “Mianhe… That time I still don’t know if I should tell you about my ability or not.”

Sooyoung shook her head. “I never blame you for that. I could say that I feel glad that we ever in that situation. Every time I touched you, I feel happier like I’ve got the biggest prize. We need treasure every moment that we have been through until we can be together like now.”

Jessica slowly nodded. She never thought Sooyoung will think that way. All this time when she remembers she kept a secret from Sooyoung and rejected her touch, she feel guilty. Something Jessica thinks she should trust Sooyoung more since very beginning, but maybe Sooyoung is right, everything won’t be like this, like now. This is the way they should be together. The sweet, bitter, happy and sad moments, it helps them to build the story.

“By the way, you do what I asked to you, right?” Sooyoung suddenly changed the topic.

“About read Gyuri’s mind that time?” Jessica asked back. “I’m not sure that what you say in your eyes thought. But yes, I did.”

Sooyoung giggled a bit. “Even you didn’t read my mind, I think like what Gyuri said, we talk through our eyes.”

Jessica giggled too. “Sometimes that crosses my mind in our first met. Even I never explain you that I still don’t want to talk or touch, you already knew it. I kinda curious how could you know it.”

“Mostly your body language and maybe…” Sooyoung stared deeply into Jessica’s eyes. “Your eyes talk a lot. Like we’re connects since very first met.”

“Maybe because we are destined to each other,” Jessica laughed.

“I should agree with you,” Sooyoung laughed too not care some eyes staring at them.

“About earlier, Gyuri’s mind, she felt guilty,” Jessica continued their discussion. “But she closed her heart for the reason why she feels like that. Maybe it better you talk to her directly. At least, you can ask her what she felt after she found out that Nicole is the killer.”

Sooyoung nodded. “I really shocked when Gyuri announced that Nicole is our killer. And it surprised me that she also has a plan to harm someone in this room. Until now I can’t figure it out who will be the next victim from her syringe.”

“Maybe it’s me?” Jessica guessed. “Gyuri said that she was jealous with you because you always in the center of attention, right? I’m the one who closest to you so I think, it more possible to hurt me to make you suffering.”

Sooyoung nodded again. “I guess so. But I won’t let it happen. I won’t anyone harm you no matter what reason they made. Honestly I don’t know what to do when Gyuri told me that you’re one of her prime suspect.”

Jessica slowly caressing Sooyoung’s arm, a smile curve on her face.

“What if I’m the killer? What will you do?” Jessica asked.

“If all the evidences led to you, maybe I will hide it or I will take you run away with me,” Sooyoung continued. “I can’t image myself arresting you.”

“Even its mean you will against the law and you will hide the one who killed your former partner?” Jessica kinda amazed with Sooyoung’s decision.

Sooyoung released a heavy sighed. “I don’t know what should feel if that really happen actually. The reason we met because I move here and you became a victim for temptation of . I won’t move here if Siwon not die. But you’re the reason why I still want to breathing until today.”

“The reason why you still want to breathing, what is that mean?” Jessica confused.

“Honestly, when you spend your time with doctor Hwang for dinner, I almost took my gun and shot myself. I always lose someone when I care or love them. Even that time I’m still not sure about your feeling for me or even my feeling for you, I start to care and afraid losing you. The time doctor Hwang took you from me, I feel like my world collapsed. I should thank you because you suddenly call me if you’re not calling me… I don’t know what will happen to me.”

Jessica is speechless. Honestly that time she felt like she needs to call Sooyoung. She felt worried; really worry about the taller girl. She never thought something bad might happen if she never did it.

“But don’t worry, Princess. I already promise you that I will take care of myself, right?” Sooyoung didn’t like it when she’s become the reason why Jessica feel worry, but she also can’t blame Jessica not to feel it. Sooyoung just realized, she’s too weak before. She needs to be strong for this girl. The one she love the most.

“Please don’t do something stupid when I’m not around,” Jessica begged. “I know your job has a lot risk, I can’t deny it and I won’t stop you for doing that because I know that you love to solve cases, but please don’t do anything stupid out there when I can’t see.”

Sooyoung late react when she saw tears rolling down on Jessica’s cheeks. But not until a minute she moved to another side to hug Jessica tightly. Of course it made a loud sound until other staring at them. But one more time, they even don’t care about it.

 

Few tables from SooSica

“Just few minutes ago they laughed and now one of them cries, wow,” Tiffany commented with the scene from SooSica’s place.

“Maybe they talked about Sooyoung’s transfer back to bureau?” Taeyeon asked, glancing at Gyuri. “I heard that from Chief.”

“I still didn’t ask that to Sooyoung. Even I’m the one who solved the case and help her, I still didn’t take the prize,” Gyuri replied. “Maybe they talk about something else.”

“You will still take Sooyoung with you when you come back?” Hyoyeon felt curious. “This place won’t same if Sooyoung wasn’t here.”

“The bureau already not same since she left us,” Amber replied. “And now we lost Nicole in our team.”

Gyuri patting Amber’s back. “I never thought she will do that. I knew she lost Siwon. She cried a lot in his funeral, but I never thought that she will keep her anger to Sooyoung even she never knew that Sooyoung and Siwon actually cousin.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter