Chapter 5

Silent World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung woke up from her sleep because of her nightmare. She can feel her heart beating so fast and her back really wet because of sweat. When Sooyoung peek to the clock, it's still 3 in the morning.

Sooyoung massage her head to reduce her fear after the nightmare. They day she found her partner died still haunt her until now. That incident always appear in her dream every night. She just can't get over it. And she really mad because her department doesn't let her to solve that case by herself. They said, they afraid Sooyoung use her emotion and kill the suspect when she found him or her. That's also the reason she move to Seoul Police Department and joined homicide division. Sooyoung hope if she can solve a lot of homicide case, it can reduce her guilt for her previous partner.

Sooyoung want to stand up to take a glass of water to make her more calm down but she found heavy thing in her tummy. It's Jessica's head lied down on her stomach.

"Why she sleep on the floor?" Sooyoung asked to herself.

Slowly Sooyoung stand up afraid she will wake Jessica up. She put the blanket around Jessica's body to covering it and slowly lift her. But when Sooyoung almost put Jessica on the bed, Jessica catch her shirt and grip it tightly.

"Don't go."

Sooyong keep staring at Jessica when she frozen in her place. Jessica still in her arms. Sooyoung not yet put Jessica on the bed. Sooyoung want to make sure Jessica do that unconciously or Jessica already wake up. But then, slowly Jessica open her eyes and Sooyoung can find fear in Jessica's face.

"It's okay. It's over now," Sooyoung said softly.

Sooyoung decied to sit on her bed and lied her back on the edge of the bed. She put Jessica on her lap when her blanket still covering Jessica's body so their skin not gonna meet.

"Okay, I will wait until you fall asleep again and I will go back to the couch," Sooyoung said.

Jessica shake her head. "Don't go." She keep repeat that.

"If I sleep with you, my skin may touch your skin, you didn't want that, right?" Sooyoung asked. "I have a bad habit when I sleep. I can't stay calm when I'm sleep."

"It's okay."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter