What Are They To You?

Flirt Girl

Another year later...

During the past year, you and Sungyeol and Joon kept in contact. You continued your studies in university. You were studying to be a photographer. You wagged classes every now and then, and it reminded you of how Sungjong would take you out of school and wag.

You smiled at the memory. You sat on the floor in the living room, with your laptop on the coffee table and browsed through the photos you had taken when Joon came to visit you a little over a month ago. It had been such a surprise to see him standing at your front door. You remembered how he was wearing his sunnies, shorts and t-shirts but in Melbourne, it was freezing cold. It had been such a funny sight.

You sighed and looked out the window. The sky was grey and threatening to rain. You stood up, stretched then walked outside, to your backyard. You had your laundry out.

---

When you came back inside, to the living room, drenched, you realised you had an e-mail.

You quickly placed your laundry down and grabbed a towel to dry your long soaking hair. You sat back down and checked the e-mail. It was from Sungyeol.

You quickly opened it.

To: ~~~~~
From: Sungyeol

Hey ~~~~~-ah... I know you already know this, and have already told me to move on, but I can't forget you... I miss you... I've been seeing a girl...Min Hye. I love her, but I can't help but feel guilty. I feel like I'm using her to try to replace you. I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't be feeling this way... especially since you've told me to move on...

You paused. That was where the e-mail ended. Suddenly, you got another e-mail.

To: ~~~~~
From: Sungyeol

MIANHAE ~~~~~-AH! I DIDN'T ACTUALLY MEAN TO SEND THAT LAST E-MAIL!!!!! I CLICKED THE WRONG BOTTON! SORRY! MIANHAE!

You sighed. Even though Sungyeol had sent that earlier e-mail by mistake, you both knew how he felt. He still missed you. Now you realised that, probably, during this past year, Sungyeol had written hundreds of e-mails that he never sent...

You looked at your wallpaper. It was a picture of you and Infinite and MBLAQ. That photo was taken when you were fourteen. Everyone looked so happy. You sighed. You looked at Dongwoo. You missed your best friend. You looked at Sunggyu, your reliable cousin. You looked at Woohyun, your brother from another life. You glanced at Hoya, your dancing machine... and Sungjong, your immature maknae-oppa... Then L, your... What was L to you? Your friend? Your brother? You were so confused. How about Sungyeol? Could you really bear to see him with another girl?

You sighed. Maybe you needed to go back to Seoul for a little field trip...

---