Sunggyu and Joon Finds Out

Flirt Girl

You were out with So Ya when Sunggyu visited. Disappointed, he sat down in the lounge room, watching TV, waiting for you to come back. He looked at the coffee table. It was overfilling with mail. He sighed and started looking through them. Suddenly, a large yellow envelope caught his sight. Curious, Sunggyu grabbed it. It was addressed to you from some hospital. He looked at the clock. You had told your aunty you'd be back by five. It was only four. He carefully opened the envelope, careful not to rip it. He took out the contents. It was a report and an X-Ray. He picked up the X-Ray, expecting it to be of your hip, but was surprised to find it was... a brain. There was a dark shadow on the right side of the brain image. Sunggyu frowned and lifted it up to the window, letting the sun shine through it. *No...* He grabbed the report and started reading.

Miss Lee ~~~~~,

As you can see, these are the results and X-Rays regarding the tumor in your brain. You are encouraged to take the operation.

If you want, we shall organize a specialist from Australia to come over to Seoul. That will cost a lot of money. If you decide to take the operation, you are requested to sign some medical forms.

It is unfortunate, but sadly, the operation does have its side effects. If you make it through the operation, you may become paralyzed or worse, stuck in a coma. The chances of a full recovery is only 10% and it is not certain if the tumor will come back again.

We understand that you have not told your family about this yet. We encourage you to do so, as you are still young. There might be matters we need to discuss with a parent or guardian.

Your next appointment will be on the 15th of December at 12 PM.

Regards, Western Seoul Hospital

Sunggyu looked at the letter in shock. He paced around the house for a while then grabbed out his phone. He tried to call you, but you didn't pick up. He called Joon.

He tapped his foot impatiently.

"Hello? What is it Sunggyu?"

"Joon! Where are you?"

"I am just outside of aunty's house."

Sunggyu snapped his phone shut and ran to the door. He opened it and a surprised Joon was standing outside.

"Sunggyu, what are you doing here?"

"You better see this."

Confused, Joon took the report Sunggyu was holding and started going through it. "."

"Joon, is it true? Does ~~~~~ have... cancer?"

Joon's legs became weak. He slowly trudged into the living room. "No. It can't be true... No."

"Is it true?"

Joon looked at Sunggyu, his eyes tearing. "I don't know... I... It says in here... that she has cancer, but I don't know... Where is she?"

"She's out." Sunggyu started walking around and swallowed down his tears. "Joon... what do we do?"

"I don't know."

"Do you think ~~~~~ knows?"

Joon looked at the letter. "I think she does. She decided not to tell her family, according to this..."

Sunggyu let out an exasperated sigh and kicked the table. He flipped the chair over. "No wonder she was so stubborn on going to America..."

Joon sighed and said, "Let's wait for her to come home first... let her explain."

---