Strange Familiarity

My Single Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a while, sorry…

Idk if people are still reading, but here... Sorry for the short update, how i wish i can update more...

AUTHOR’S POV

“It’s been a while...” The elegant woman put down her cup of tea while smiling to the nervous girl in front of her.

“Yes, Mrs. Jung. It’s been a while.” Tense Tiffany couldn’t be any tenser. She called Julia, ‘Mrs. Jung.’

Julia could feel her heart got saddened by the formality they had to share. It wasn’t even a month ago before they were fine, talking to each other like best mom and daughter, but now she had to feel bitterness of what her real daughter had done.

“Tiffany…” The tone was usual but it had vibrated more than it had to be.

Tiffany looked up and she saw that Julia was still the same Julia she knew. The one she could still call, ‘Mom’.

Julia smiled as Tiffany looked up, she smiled for how beautiful her daughter’s girlfriend was, how beautiful she was inside out and how tough she was to face all those messes.

Soojung just sat there, not knowing anything before she decided to play with Tiffany’s pad. She was bored, that was why.

Another sip of tea broke the silence, it wasn’t awkward but sure it wasn’t the most pleasant one.

“Has Jessica contacted you?” That ‘Jessica’ word came out naturally from the older lady but it felt like thousands of needles pierced Tiffany’s, now stronger, heart.

Little Soojung snapped her head when she heard the name, cause no matter what, Jessica was still her beloved Umma.

The younger lady didn’t know how to answer that, she only shook her head, not showing any kind of disappointment to Julia’s disappointment.

“New semester will start in days. My daughter will still need your he…”

“She doesn’t need…me anymore.” It was hard for Tiffany to say that, but she had to. She had to show everyone that she had it done with Jessica.

Soojung shifted closer to Tiffany then got into Tiffany’s arms, it saddened everyone’s heart more that Soojung seemed to understand. She might not understand the situation but she knew that Tiffany was crushed by her own words.

It saddened Julia too, that she couldn’t even get a hug from the two girls in front of her. She felt even more distanced than when Tiffany called her Mrs. Jung.

“Fany-ah…” Julia got up, she bravely getting closer to Tiffany and Soojung, she took a seat beside Tiffany and Soojung.

“Y-yes?” The same comforting perfume scent Julia had never ceased to amaze Tiffany. It was so motherly, or was it only her?

“Don’t make any decisions when you’re mad or sad. Make one when you smile, and do that often, if you’re going to reject Jessica again you gotta need someone new and you need that smile. Yes, that smile.” The words made Tiffany smiled, and soon they smiled towards each other.

“You can always call me Mom. It doesn’t have anything with Jessica, even I feel like I like you more than her, she is so stupid.” It was rare for Julia to curse  her daughter but she really meant

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter