Christmas Night

My Single Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR’S POV

A squeeze from Tiffany braved Jessica up, so the Blonde sighed, “You guys really want to know?”

Taecyeon and Wooyoung raised their brows, “Now you make us REALLY wanna know.” The toothy grin from Taecyeon was replaced with a concern stare, “If it’s really personal, we understand.”

“But maybe she won’t understand.” Wooyoung nodded his head toward Soojung, yes Soojung was waiting too and it left Jessica with no choice.

“She’s my daughter.” Soojung grinned at the answer, but not with the duo singles in the room.

Taecyeon and Wooyoung got their mouth opened for a sec before they blinked several times, “Uhh… Okay.”

“I think you date Tiffany…?” Wooyoung pointed to the girl who was holding Jessica then he stared at the locking hands between the two girls.

“What? I’m really Jessica’s girlfriend.” Tiffany stated as she raised their locking hands, Jessica raised her hand, silencing Wooyoung and Taecyeon who were now asking her about her boyfriend, how could she get back to her thin figure after delivering Soojung, etc etc.

“This is why I keep her as a secret, she’s…Uh… It’s a very long story.” Wooyoung was eager to listen but Taecyeon stopped him, “We understand.”

“No we don’t!” Taecyeon glared at Wooyoung, yes Wooyoung was quite nosy but he was a very good guy.

“To make it short, I didn’t deliver Soojung, Soojung is my daughter now, my only daughter, I… adopted her.” Wooyoung was about to ask more but Taecyeon put his hand over his best friend’s mouth, “You look tired, Sica. Go home and rest, we will take care of the crowd.” Jessica stared thankfully to Taecyeon and patted Wooyoung’s shoulder, “Don’t be too hard to him, as I said before, you two cute together.”

Immediately, they let each other go, “Gosh no!”

Tiffany giggled at the two which made the other turned to her, she was hiding her laugh behind Soojung’s back who was in her arms at that moment, “Why did you laugh?”

“Nothing…”

“There’s something, Tiffany-ssi, what is that?”

Tiffany stared at Wooyoung intently then smiled, “You sounded feminine with that ‘Gosh no!’ you did earlier…”

“GOSH NO!”

Taecyeon and Jessica laughed their asses off, they high fived each other before Jessica hugged Tiffany by her waist and laughed together, Taecyeon quickly pulled Wooyoung with him since the boy was now ranting while Tiffany apologizing.

“Alright, we’re going now, thank you Taec, Woo.” Taecyeon and Wooyoung nodded as they took turns in giving Soojung high five, Soojung grinned so wide to them, she liked the duo and the fact that Jessica considered her as a daughter, brightened up her day. Well, she actually didn’t really get about adopted part, but as long as Jessica considered her as a daughter, she was contented.

After Jessica and Tiffany left with Soojung, Taecyeon and Wooyoung sat on the bench, “Hhh, now, what should we say to everyone?”

“Tiffany said that Soojung is her younger sister when everyone circled them, right?” Wooyoung nodded, “Then let’s just go with that plan.” Wooyoung nodded then dialed a number, “I will Sica about our plan.” Taecyeon nodded, then they talked about international boxing championships without realizing that there was someone else in that room.

 

-

Nicole and Hyoyeon were pushing Jessica out when Jessica was watching the television lazily on her couch, “Huh? No! It’s cold outside! It’s freaking winter!”

“Seriously Sica, we need you to be here!” Nicole took Jessica’s hand and Hyoyeon put a small paper with scribbled notes on it, “Huh? No! I don’t want to miss my cartoon time with Soojung.”

The married couple sighed, “Soojung will have her cartoon buddy soon here.”

“WHO?! I’m her only cartoon buddy!” Again, Jessica the jealous freak, attacked.

“Mommies!” Small steps accompanied Jinri after she arrived at the floor where Jessica’s apartment was located, Nicole lifted Jinri right away, peppering her with kisses while Hyoyeon instructed the babysitter to go back home, they would take care of Jinri from there.

“What? This thing is my daughter’s cartoon buddy?! HELL NO!” Jessica glared at Jinri which was blocked by Hyoyeon before Jinri could see it, “What are you doing glaring at my daughter? Do you wanna die?” Gangsta Hyoyeon came out as soon as she saw Jessica’s glare toward her daughter, Jessica hung her head down, she was good in boxing but Gangsta Hyoyeon was quite scary.

“What are you guys doing here actually?” Hyoyeon and Nicole handed Jessica a coat and smiled while opening the door for Jinri to come into the apartment, “We are doing good things, now go.”

Hyoyeon handed Jessica her wallet, car keys and phone, “Be good and play safe.” Jessica got her eyes widened, “What play? Yah! OPEN THE DOOR IT’S MY APARTMENT FOR GOD’s SAKE! YAH!”

But rudely, Hyoyeon and Nicole were now taking Jinri to meet Soojung who was playing with blocks at the family room.

Now Jessica was cursing, she sighed and stared at the scribbled note, it was an address, she sighed again then decided to go there, she just hoped there was no cucumber monster in that place.

 

-

It turned out that the place Hyoyeon and Nicole meant was a church, Jessica got her jaw dropped and she sighed again, she looked around and saw how decorations for Christmas filled her vision, she then realized something, how long had it been?

How long had it been since the last time Jessica went to the church? She was always busy and especially busy after Soojung came into her life, but still, it wasn’t the right reason to not going to church anymore. So after some bickering with her own mind, she made her mind and walked into the church.

She took a seat at the very end row of the church, the mass was actually started and she started to pray, she looked around how there were couples and children around, they were celebrating Christmas happily.

But why Nicole and Hyoyeon ordered her to come here?

“Excuse me, Miss, is this seat taken?” Jessica knew the voice, she turned her head and found the love of her life, “No miss, but my heart is taken, if you wanna know.” Jessica winked and Tiffany giggled at the response, but quickly she composed herself, continued acting as she took a seat beside Jessica.

The younger girl whispered to Jessica since the church was quiet at that time, “Oh really? But why do you come alone?”

“Because my cousins, WHICH I BELIEVE WAS ORDERED BY SOMEONE with initial HMY, forced me to go here.” Tiffany smiled as she put her hand atop of Jessica’s, “I just think it will be nice to have you here, celebrating Christmas together, Jessi.”

“But why didn’t you invite Soojung too?” Jessica crunched her brows, she was a little unhappy because now Jinri had Soojung’s full attention.

Tiffany chuckled as she knew what Jessica meant, her girlfriend was sure a jealous Mom, “Because she needs to spend her time with same age friends too, Jessi. And Hyoyeon and Nicole promised to take them to the kids Christmas Party which only could be attended by married couples and kids, that’s why.”

Jessica made an O shape but she whined again, “But wh…”

“Sssht, now just focus on the mass.” With a squeeze on her hand, Jessica followed Tiffany.

 

-

“Holy Mama, the Priest was really amazing, I will be thirsty if I have to be him. He talks a lot!” Tiffany laughed at the first sentence that Jessica let out after they got out of the church, they were holding hands, Tiffany, surprisingly, had prepared a couple glove, so their hands were in one gloves, holding each other in warmness under the snowy weather.

“Now what?” Jessica asked Tiffany as they were already in Jessica’s car, “Now my home.” Jessica could see that her girlfriend was actually blushing in the darkness, she intentionally turned the lamp in the car on, “You look even more beautiful when you’re blushing, Tiff.” Tiffany blushed even more and turned the lamp off, “Aish this cheesy girl, now please go to my house, Driver Jung.”

“Yah! I’m not your driver!”

“But you drive me crazy, Jung.”

“AAAAWWWW! HAHAHAHAHHAA!” Jessica laughed at the cheesiness Tiffany showed to her, Tiffany eventually laughed too, they laughed and laughed again when the other laughed, their laughs were contagious. Or not. But since they were in love.

“Is it okay for me to go into your house?” Tiffany took a hold of her lover’s hand and nodded, “Of course, why?”

“Is your Dad around?”

“Aaah, Dad’s out with Yoong and her Mom.” Jessica made an O shape with and nodded understandingly, but then she raised one of her brows, “Eh but why you didn’t go as well?”

“Because I want to spend my Christmas night with you.” Simple, just a simple sentence but it simply made Jessica fell for Tiffany all over again and again. The honesty Tiffany had and the meaning behind the sentence that she meant, it made Jessica to squeeze the hand that was holding her, “Thank you.”

Then they shared a happy smile together when the traffic light told them to stop.

-

 

Hyoyeon, Nicole, Jinri and Soojung were in the Christmas Party that was held by the community near the church that held Kids’ Mass, while Hyoyeon and Nicole were chatting to the other same couples, Soojung was following Jinri.

“Jinli, whelre alre you going?” Jinri just smiled as she stepped back and held her younger friend’s hand, Soojung was always the maknae in the group, so Jinri took care of Soojung the most.

“I’m going to play in the Garden Labyrinth with the others, do you want to join?” Soojung nodded as she now walked beside Jinri, Jinri just smiled and accompany Soojung to get to know her friends as well. Unlike Soojung, it was the third time for Jinri to meet their other friends there.

“I’m Luna, this is Amber and that big Unnie is Victoria.” The other girls were really friendly, Soojung liked them immediately, and as usual, Soojung was the maknae, so the other girls took really good care of Soojung, especially Victoria, who was like their second Mom.

And for the first time in her life, Jinri felt sad because now Soojung laughed with Amber, smiling to singing Luna and nodding obediently to what Victoria said.

But Jinri was a very cheerful girl, instantly she joined the others and they laughed together as they walked to the labyrinth, “I’ll go first!” Victoria, as the oldest, walked into the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter