Soojung's Real Umma

My Single Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since I don't really like Drama, for you guys, fast update, right? X)

AUTHOR’S POV

The sound of ticking clock could be heard due to the silence of the room, there was no one dare to speak up, they all stared at Jessica and Tiffany in silence. Taeyeon opened up but no word came out, so did Sunny, they were confused, they sure cared about Soojung and their best friends, but they didn’t know how hurt it was to be Jessica nor Tiffany.

Jessica inhaled deeply before leaned her back on the couch, she sniffed several times and shut her eyes closed, tears ran down more and more, she couldn’t stop them nor could stop sobbing.

Then Jessica felt warmness in her right hand, it was Tiffany, holding her left hand, Tiffany was also crying, their eyes met, they hugged each other, they hadn’t shared a word since Nicole and Soojung left the main lobby of Jessica’s apartment, “Jessi…”

Jessica hugged Tiffany tighter, “Tiff… I was so dumb… If only I wasn’t being so emotional maybe… *sob* maybe Nicole wouldn’t take Soojung away like that… *sob*” Tiffany felt her heart hurt more when she heard Jessica cried. In her eyes, Jessica was always a tough girl, she never showed people her weak side, but losing Soojung affected her so much.

“Guys…” Jessica and Tiffany pulled away as they saw Taeyeon and Sunny, “Sica-ah, Fany-ah, I know this must be hard for you two, but please, calm down, we can’t solve this thing out if you two don’t at least, stop crying.”

Sunny was amazed at how wise her girlfriend could be, but she added, “Yes, +1 for what Taenggoo said, calm down Sica, Fany.”

Jessica and Tiffany sniffed several times before they got really calmed down, “We’re okay…”

Taeyeon sat beside Jessica while Sunny took a seat at the right side of Tiffany, “What are your plans now?”

Jessica pressed her palms on her face and shook her head, “I don’t know…” Her voice was muffled, then her shoulders slowly shaken, signing that she was crying again.

The Brunette looked at her girlfriend, she let Jessica cried on her chest while she herself was also crying. Soon, Taeyeon and Sunny couldn’t hold their tears while seeing their best friends like that, they cried along with the younger couple.

-

“Soojung, please open your mouth…” The baby girl stubbornly shook her head, “Hmmpft!”

“Soojung, you will get sick if you don’t eat this…” Soojung violently pushed the spoon away and rolled her body, facing the wall, ignoring the babysitter and stressed Nicole, “Get a new spoon.” Nicole ordered the babysitter and sat beside Soojung, “Soojung…”

Sobs could be heard from Soojung, she might be very young, but with all the things went through in her life, she was more mature than everyone in her age, she could differentiate people, she could know who she could rely on and who she couldn’t, she was taken from hand to hand and until that moment, she knew that in Jessica’s she felt the safest.

Nicole sighed, “Soojung, please eat, only a spoon…” Soojung kept mum, Nicole forced the spoon into Soojung’s mouth, Soojung yanked the spoon away and kicked the bowl on the table away.

*KLONTANG!*

The bowl was thrown on the floor, the baby food was splattered on the floor, “Anything’s wrong?” Another blonde popped out from the door, Nicole faked a smiled as she shook her head, “Nothing, Hyo. Everything’s fine.”

Hyoyeon, the name of the slightly older girl, she walked in and saw the baby food and pouting baby, “What’s wrong Soojung?”

The baby girl just saw as she was called, but without saying anything, she looked away, “What’s wrong? What happen here?”

Nicole sighed as she motioned the babysitter to clean up the floor, “Let’s talk outside.” Hyoyeon nodded as she was led to the outside but before the door was closed, she could hear sobs, they were from Soojung. The baby girl was crying silently.

“Jessica was the one who found Soojung.” Hyoyeon nodded as she sat on the couch, “You’ve told me that.” Nicole inhaled, “Jessica loves Soojung.” Hyoyeon furrowed her brows but then she smiled, “Our daughter is a very lovable girl, right?”

Nicole sat beside Hyoyeon and held her hands, “Hyo, don’t you think this is odd? Remember how Soojung wasn’t our first option?” Hyoyeon frowned, “Do you still remember about the eye smiling girl at the orphanage?”

The younger blonde weakly nodded, “I can’t stop thinking about the cute smile she gave at the day, but then you decided to choose Soojung because she was better in walking…” Hyoyeon hugged her wife from her side, she kissed the top of Nicole’s head, “Get to the point, honey.”

“Soojung only wants Jessica, she… she kept ignoring even crying if I get close to her.” Hyoyeon frowned, “Soojung is getting worse?” Nicole nodded, Soojung was never close to Nicole and Hyoyeon, the baby girl wasn’t a kid who could get close to strangers, weird much because Soojung loved Jessica just at the very first time they met.

“What should I do now…? I mean, I can’t really feel like a Mom if Soojung keeps doing this to me… And you know what, Soojung GIGGLED when she was held by Tiffany, an outsider which I don’t really know who, but she giggled… I don’t know anymore, Hyo…” Nicole started crying, she was heartbroken, she felt like a failure, but then Hyoyeon wrapped her arms on Nicole, she hushed her wife.

“Should we talk about this to orphanage?” Nicole shook her head, “Then what? I cant stand seeing a baby girl cries every day just because I get close to her!” Hyoyeon remembered the sobs she heard, truthfully, she was sad too because it was a perfect plan of the two to adopt a child, but unfortunately, the baby girl couldn’t like them.

After a brief seconds of silence, “Let’s talk about this with Aunt Jung, she knows the best. We will get through this together…” Julia Jung was one of the most respective persons in Jung family, she was well known as a wise and loving figure. Nicole nodded weakly, “Hyo, don’t you feel disappointed in me?”

Hyoyeon pulled away, she cupped Nicole’s face and shook her head, “No, of course not, it’s not like you haven’t tried to do your best, it was my fault from the beginning, we should’ve taken that smiling girl, the smiling girl was so happy when you picked her up, right?” N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter