The Truth of Mom's Love

My Single Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR’S POV

“Good afternoon, Miss. Can I help you?” A woman in her mid twenties smiled to Jessica and Tiffany, “Good afternoon, yes, may I know where Park Nana is treated in?”

The Nurse nodded before checking the list in her computer and soon the Nurse stood up again, “Ms. Park Nana is treated in extra intensive care unit and the visiting hour will be ended soon, are you sure you don’t want to come back tomorrow?”

Tiffany tugged Jessica’s shirt, “Let’s come back tomorrow, Jessi.” Jessica shook her head, “No, it has to be done today. It’s okay Nurse, where can I find her room?” The Nurse looked to her computer for a while then pointed to the corridor just beside the receptionist table, “She is in room number 220.” Jessica nodded and headed there while Tiffany thanked and smiled to the Nurse before following Jessica.

“Room number 220… 220… 220… Ah there!” Jessica paced up and walked faster to the certain room, she inhaled as she knocked the room twice, there was no answer, then she peeked from the thin window on the door, the certain girl was just like her, blonde, thin, if she didn’t pay much attention she would be shocked thinking that the girl was just like her twin sister.

Jessica opened the door slowly while Tiffany followed her, Tiffany gripped the hem of Jessica’s shirt tightly, she was afraid, yes who wouldn’t? Even though the girl wasn’t literally crazy, but she was having a mental disorder, and s could happen, right?

“Ms…Park Nana?” The called girl turned her head around and smiled, “Oh, Nicole, right?” Jessica was shocked, especially Tiffany, Jessica whispered to Tiffany, “Am I Nicole?” Tiffany chuckled and pinched Jessica’s side while whispering back to the older girl, “You’re Jessi, stupid.” Jessica laughed but her laugh faded when she faced Nana again.

“Oh yes, I’m Nicole.” But Jessica was shocked when the girl in front of her started to be looked nervous.

“I’M SORRY FOR KIDNAPPING SOOJUNG!” The certain girl knelt before Jessica and Tiffany, Jessica and Tiffany were more than shocked, Tiffany started trembling, “…Jessi…” Jessica grabbed Tiffany’s hand which was gripping the hem of her shirt tight, with her thumb, Jessica rubbed the back of Tiffany’s hand, “Sssh…” Tiffany held the older girl’s hand tightly with both of her hands.

Jessica and Tiffany knelt down and tried to make Nana stand up but the certain girl was now crying, “I miss Soojung… *sob*” Jessica couldn’t help but felt her heart tightened, it was Soojung’s real mom, the girl who delivered Soojung, but the girl in front of her even couldn’t control her emotion.

Jessica smiled as she cupped Nana’s face, “Can you tell me the detail?” Nana trembled as her lips slowly moved, “W..Will y…ou report me…to the…police?” Jessica was confused, but having a thought of this helpless girl had to be in the jail, no, this Nana girl had enough of suffering.

“No, I won’t, But, in one condition, tell me anything you know including how could you left Soojung in front of my apartment.” Nana nodded. Slowly she followed Tiffany’s lead to the bed, Tiffany wasn’t afraid anymore, the girl in the patient’s cloth wasn’t crazy, she was just extremely depressed.

“Nicole, first of all, I’m happy that Soojung is adopted by a girl as kind as you. You aren’t like everyone who stares at me with those disgusted stares when Doctor told me that I’m depressed. But don’t worry!” Nana continued quickly when she saw Tiffany’s expression changed, “I took my anti depressant this morning and I’m in a therapy now.” Tiffany’s expression turned into a relieved one.

“There was this guy, you shouldn’t know his name, we were happy once, I gave him my everything, until he found out that I was pregnant, he told me to go for an abortion which I refused.” Jessica go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter