Grandma

My Single Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

:)

AUTHOR’S POV

Two girls were bickering over something while walking to the front door of the daycare, “No, pink is better.”

“Oh please, Soojung likes mangoes so yellow is better for her.” The younger girl rolled her eyes, “No, girls like pink better so pink it is.”

“Yellow.”

“Pink!”

“No, my decision, yellow.”

“No, I know how good is the feeling to study with pink books, so pink.”

“TIFF!”

“JESSI!”

“Umma! Unnie!”

The two girls didn’t realize that they were already at the front door of the daycare, they stopped bickering and smiled at the little girl, “Yo brat!”

A smack was landed on Jessica’s head before a glare was sent, “How was your day, Soojung?”

Soojung pecked Tiffany’s lips then started to tell the two about her day, “So Jinri gave you her mango because you dropped yours? Awww sweeet~”

Soojung nodded vigorously as she explained the detail of the story when she was in recess that day, “Jinri is so sweet, is she?” Soojung smiled widely, “She ish,…. Mmm, Unnie…”

“Oh how I wish I have a girlfriend as sweet as her.” Jessica coughed several times while Tiffany playfully peeked to her direction, Jessica grumbled under her breath made Tiffany chuckled with Soojung.

“Mmm Unnie…” Tiffany turned her attention to Soojung, “Ah yes, sorry, what is it, Soojung?” Soojung fiddled with her fingers, “Unnie, will you b…e my Mom?”

Tiffany stopped in her way, Jessica coughed even more, her face was now all red.

“Huh?”

Soojung frowned, “Tomollrow ish Pal..rentssh Day, evelryone ish going to be with theilr palents, but I only have one Mom, even Jinli… Aunty Hyoyeon plowmised that… she will take a d…ay off to attend.”

Jessica and Tiffany frowned, they somehow felt sad because the baby girl had to think like she had no parents, “But me and Jessi haven’t married yet…”

Soojung pouted, then she forced to be put down, right after her feet found the ground, she walked to the car by herself and not saying anything anymore.

Tiffany nudged Jessica but Jessica nudged Tiffany back.

“Yah, go say something.” Jessica scratched her temple, she was confused, what should she say?

“Ngg, Soojung-ah…” Soojung turned her head weakly to Jessica, her eyes dropped and her lips were still pouting.

“Ngg… I can attend the event at your daycare, isn’t it enough? I mean…” Soojung sighed heavily, she hung her head down.

“Aigoo this brat… Tiff, say something.”

“What should I say?”

“Anything, you are the master of diverting topic, go!”

“Aish!”

“Huk… Huk…” Sobs were heard from the back seat, Jessica and Tiffany gulped, quickly Tiffany whispered to the older girl, “She’s crying you babo!”

Jessica clicked her tongue, she tapped the steer with her fingers before saying, “Alright, Soojung, Tiffany will come too.”

Soojung kept sobbing, “Will Unnie come.. ash…my othelr Mom..?”

Tiffany crossed her arms in front of her chest and shaking her head, but Jessica nodded, “Of course, right Tiffany Mommy?”

Tiffany stared at Jessica disgustingly while Soojung was already jumping to between the driver and passenger’s seat, “REAWWY?!”

Tiffany grinned awkwardly while Jessica smiled forcefully, “Of course…” The two could only sighed as now they heard Soojung practiced calling Tiffany, “Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!”

Another glare was sent from Tiffany and Jessica did her best in focusing to the road, not even sparing a glance to Tiffany, well, the nerd could be scary sometimes.

-

“What was that, Jessi? Tiffany Mommy? Seriously?” Jessica sighed, “I don’t know what to say, Tiff… You’ll be anyway.”

The last part made Tiffany got silent, “Me what…?” Not believing her hearing, Tiffany asked again.

Jessica smiled and held Tiffany’s hands, “You will be. And don’t you love Soojung?”       

Tiffany blushed for a while but then she sighed, “I do love Soojung but this is a serious matter, I don’t want Soojung got questioned by her friends, I mean, with only you come as her Mom is must be questionable, then both of us? We are still freaking 20, Jessi…”

Jessica held Tiffany’s hands, “Then will you let me face the questions all alone by myself defending Soojung?” Tiffany shook her head, “Alright, this time I admit that you did right… Okay… Hhh… So, what should we prepare?”

Jessica tapped her chin, “Hmm… Those nosy other Moms at daycare must be asking like how we manage take care of Soojung…”

“Easy, we’re still in college, that’s why we put Soojung in the daycare.” Jessica nodded, “Oh right, wow, you’re smart, Hwang, since when?” Tiffany rolled her eyes, “Since forever, Dumb Jung.”

Jessica chuckled, “Then, they must be asking like how we end up adopting Soojung?”

“Let’s just say we are newly married and… No, we have to have ring, do we?”

Jessica sighed, “I just used my saving for the necklace…” Tiffany laughed, “Really? Awww sweet Jessi!” Tiffany pinched Jessica’s cheek then Jessica scooted away.

“OMO! How can that… I mean, your cheek… It’s…elastic?! IS that even a real cheek?! COME HERE LET ME FEEL IT AGAIN!”

“NO!”

“YES! COME HERE!”

Tiffany chased Jessica around the apartment, “Tiff, don’t you think we have to think about the preparation!?”

*CKIIIIITTT!*

Tiffany stopped in her way, she nodded, “Oh yes, you’re right…..Wait, it’s me who is the master of topic diverting, right?” Jessica quickly pulled Tiffany back to the couch, “About the rings, I think we should just tell them the truth, it’s their problem to believe or not, right? Anway…”

Suddenly Jessica sounded very serious, Tiffany stayed mum as she motioned Jessica to go on, “Tiff, I don’t really know if Soojung ask like… Why her parents are both women?”

The younger girl frowned, “Oh yeah, that’s… how should we explain it to her… I mean, she’s only two years old…”

Jessica sighed then she leaned her back to the couch, so did Tiffany, “Now I know why being parents is hard…” Tiffany nodded, “Yeah, me too…”

Both of them sighed as they tried to think of answers for every possible question from the other parents at the daycare.

*TING TONG*

“Tiff, go get it, I’m thinking, I can’t move.” Tiffany rolled her eyes at the statement, then soon Jessica’s was kicked by Tiffany from the couch, “Reason denied, dumb Jung.” Jessica chuckled as she stuck her tongue out to laughing Tiffany but she headed to the front door anyway.

“Mom…?”

“I heard about the news about Soojung, where is my granddaughter?!” The pitch of Julia Jung wasn’t normal, it was one octave higher, signing that she was excited. Jessica furrowed her brows especially when she looked over her Mom’s shoulder.

“Soojung’s inside…What are they, Mom…?”

“Gifts for Soojung, of course! Excuse me, Sica. SOOJUNG-AH!” Julia motioned Jessica to bring all the gifts in while she herself walked in and looking for Soojung.

Little Soojung walked out from the room while holding her mango plush, she was shocked when suddenly, someone who had a very nice fragrant came to her and knelt before her, “Aigoo cute Soojung!”

“………….Who alre you?” Soojung sure influenced too much by Jessica, even the glare was almost as cold as Jessica’s.

Jessica stifled her laugh while Tiffany patted Soojung’s head, “She’s your grandma, Soo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter