End

My Single Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica’s POV

As I look around, heaving is the only thing I can do, well how can I not? There’s only white here. The only thing that is not white is my own apparel. White wall, white door, white uniforms, even white vases in this creepy hall. I inhale deeply as I peeked onto my watch, 23:23.

“Haha…” A little chuckle escapes my lips. Ironically sad.

-Flashback-

“Make a wish, Jessi!” said a loud girl beside me with her high pitched, yet husky yes don’t ask me how it can be like that, it’s just, yeah, it’s my girlfriend.

I’m about to make a wish when I stop, chuckling and shaking my head, “No. It’s too childish.” I continue playing clash of clans on my phone.

“Childish? The mirror should send you a message to pay a visit soon, Jessi.” A hand is placed over my phone. I have no choice but looking up. Oh boy. How I wish I do it sooner. She is shoving her wristwatch in front of my beautiful face.

“23:23.”

“Okay. It’s late then.” I take my bag and put my scattered belongings into it, but my lovely girlfriend, wait, since when do I become this cheesy?

She cut my train of thoughts, “23:23, make a wish.”

“For a kiss?” I pucker up my lips for her to be kissed but I only get a flick on my forehead, BUT I SWEAR I SAW THOSE CUTIE REDDENED CHEEKS OF HER HAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh right, stay calm.

“Stop playing rhyme, Jessi.” How can she be this shy? Oh, night effect. Our eyes meet and we just smile to each other. I look to what she is wearing. Omg. Night effect. Really. It’s not like I’m a ert.

Before anything comes up into my mind, “23:24, time’s up! Let’s go, I have to send you home.” She stays at her spot, she snickers at me but I only ruffle her hair so it gets messy.

“You haven’t made a wish!” I only smile till my eyes look like they’ve gone, “I have.”

“Tsk, liar.” She also takes her bag and heading to the room where Soojung is sleeping.

I hate to be called liar, since I’m not.

“No, I really did make a wish!” I follow her into the room, she is about to kiss Soojung.

Her playful squinting eyes are cute when she teasingly say, “Then what are you wishing for?”

I moved closer to her, she is patting Soojung’s cheek when I hold her lightly from her side, “For us to be together, always.”

I can feel my beloved girlfriend’s hand tapping mine.

“I wished for the same thing.”

Winking, a bit failed but it is still a wink, “Double always.” I turn her body around so I can see her pretty face, automatically I tilt my head.

A kiss seals the promise.

She whispered sweetly, “I love you.”

“I love you, both.” She hugs me tight and I see Soojung smiles in her sleep.

Nothing can beat that.

Except for the making out session after that. Khu khu khu.

 

AUTHOR’s POV

“Miss Jung?” The girl with the mentioned name froze a bit before looking up, “Yes?”

“Mrs. Jung is awake.” The nurse smiled to lighten up the mood but it went in vain. The young granddaughter still had a poker face on her.

After a soft knock, Jessica pushed the door open, slightly smiling when she saw her Grandmother.

“Grandma…” They weren’t in a good term before they got here, but Jessica still wished it was her on the bed lying instead of her Grandmother.

Family was still family, no matter what.

“Sooyeon…” Jessica cursed inside when she saw how weak her Grandma was, she even needed those hoses inserted into her nostrils just so she could breathe easier.

The granddaughter took a seat beside her Grandmother’s bed, she pulled the chair closer as she reached out for the wrinkle pale palm of her Grandmother. She took it into her hands, clasping them gently as she unconsciously dropping a lone tear.

“What’s wrong?” Weakly Tae Hee asked, she wanted to wipe the tear but she was unable to.

Swiftly Jessica wiped the tear away, “No… It’s just… I was worried…”

The wrinkle hand gave a slight pressure into the grasp of her Sooyeon, “How long is it?”

“It’s been a week.” Tae Hee smiled sadly as she saw her beloved granddaughter was not in a state of her best appearance. Jessica was still beautiful even with bare face, uncombed hair and messy looking white shirt. It was obvious that she hadn’t had a good rest since a week ago.

“About earlier…” Jessica stopped her Grandmother, “I’ve told Tiff that we are over. Maybe we just aren’t for each other.”

And another tear fell blurred the vision of the now smiling girl. She was smiling and crying at the same time.

The Grandmother looked at Jessica as if she was mad, “What?”

“Yes, I’ve told her to bring Soojung along with her, I realized that you’ve suffered a lot since my relationship with Tiffany and si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter