Surprise Visit

My Single Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR’S POV

One after another high five came onto Jessica’s palms, some even patted her back hard when she passed by, she smiled awkwardly to the patters and high fivers. After passing some students that idolized her, finally she reached her club room.

“Sica!”

“Oi!”

Wooyoung and Taecyeon waved their hands to call their best friend, Jung Jessica. The called girl looked around to find the source of the voices and found her best friends so she jogged there.

“Someone’s excited today.” Wooyoung nudged his best friend and Taecyeon chuckled as he handed Jessica a pair of boxing gloves, “Sure she is, I saw Tiffany gave her a long kiss this morning.”

Jessica coughed uncontrollably while Taecyeon and Wooyoung patted her back hard, didn’t forget to make annoying teasing voices. And the pats, more like slaps, they gave didn’t help though, they patted too hard, “*cough cough* ARE YOU GUYS TRYING TO KILL ME BEFORE THE MATCH BEGINS?!”

Taecyeon and Wooyoung raised their hands up, “Wow, chillax, our ultimate fighter.” No, Jessica wasn’t some kind of super girl who excelled in boxing or something. It was just only Jessica signed up for female boxer in SM University. So yeah, she was THE ultimate fighter, the one and only, literally, Jung Jessica.

Jessica stopped coughing and they shared a smile, a smile they usually shared before their matches began, a nervous yet excited smile, “So? What now?” Taecyeon took the schedule of the championship, he pointed at the profile of Jessica’s first opponent, “She is way heavier than you, you have to keep her busy with light moves, and dodge her jabs, I bet they can break at least your nose.”

Jessica rubbed her nose and frowned, “Ugh this is what I hate from boxing, my face will be ruined…” Taecyeon and Wooyoung scoffed at the girl, “It’s not like you’re pretty from the beginning, Sica.”

“And you two are blind.”

“Fck you.”

“You wish, I prefer fck Tif…” Jessica stopped as she saw Wooyoung’s and Taecyeon’s flat expressions, “I was kidding, I won’t brag about my beautiful girlfriend again since you two are too lonely to be true. Alright, gotta go, singles.”

“YAH!”

“We are singles because we choose to be ones!”

“YES! Wooyoung’s right!”

Jessica waved her hand as she walked out of the club room, “Whatever, singles. Oh right, I just want to remind you something.”

Jessica turned around and grabbed each of her best friends’ shoulder with her hands, with her serious expression she sighed, “You two…”

“Yes? Is there any problem with the gloves, Sica?” Taecyeon worriedly checked the gloves again, Jessica shook her head, “No, it’s just, you two are cute together.”

“YAAAAHHH!!!!”

“FCK YOU SICA!”

“FCK YOU TOO TAEC, WOO! ANYEONG!” Jessica jogged out as she dodged another pair of boxing gloves and a bottle that were thrown by the duo singles, she laughed while running out, running backwards as she waved again to her raging best friends, didn’t realize that someone was in front of her.

*bruk*

“Oww…”

“I…I’m sorry! I didn’t see you there!” Jessica looked down and saw that it was Hara, Hara just smiled a bit as she rubbed her elbow, her elbow was scratched so Jessica took out her handkerchief to wipe the blood.

“Hara, I’m really really sorry, I didn’t see you, I’m sorry…” Jessica kneeled down just right in front of Hara, holding her hand and wiping the blood on the younger girl’s elbow, Hara winced a bit as the cloth met her new scratch.

“You never see me…” Hara whispered lowly as she watched Jessica held her hand.

The older girl stopped what she was doing and looked up to see the person who she just bumped into, in her eyes, “Pardon?”

While chuckling, Hara pulled her hand back, “No, nothing. Thank you, Jessica-ssi.”

Hara was about to leave when Jessica held her back, “Wait, no, it wasn’t nothing, and what’s with the honorific? We were friends before, what is it?”

The younger girl bit her lips, she didn’t want to cry in front of Jessica, especially Tiffany, yes, Tiffany was coming from the field, complete with her flute bag, she creased her brows when she saw her girlfriend was holding someone else’s hand, quite tight, and don’t even bring their distance up, too close for Tiffany’s vision.

“Your girlfriend is here.” Jessica turned around to see Tiffany, she waved but she didn’t let Hara go, “You haven’t answered me.”

“Let’s just stay as acquaintance, Jessica-ssi.”

“Huh? Why?”

Tiffany was about to tap Jessica’s shoulder when Hara stared at her and said, “Because I can’t befriend with my love interest. Especially when she is taken.”

Hara finished her sentence with almost inaudible voice, “with someone who deserves her…”

Tiffany let her hand hung up in the air and Hara pushed Jessica’s hand gently, she bowed to her two seniors and surprisingly pecked Jessica’s cheek, “That’s for helping me, thank you. And also for your match, good luck. Tiffany-ssi, Jessica-ssi.” Hara smiled sadly then turned around, running away, from where they stood, Tiffany and Jessica could see clearly that Hara cried.

“What was that?” Jessica asked her girlfriend who was just as blank as her, “I don’t know, did she confess?”

Remembering the hints that Hara said here and there, Jessica shrugged, “Kind of.”

Pain in her heart burst as she felt jealousy started to take over her reaction, so Tiffany just hummed, “Hmm.”

Hearing the answer, Jessica turned to see her girlfriend, “Jealous?”

Sighing once before shrugging, Tiffany answered, “Kind of.”

The older girl smiled as she hugged her girlfriend lightly, “My baby is jealous?” Warmness took over her jealousy, it was weird how Jessica could make her feelings went rollercoaster in just less than 5 minute, but maybe that was what they called love.

“Aww stop it.” Tiffany nudged Jessica away, Jessica chuckled as she pinched Tiffany’s nose, “Don’t be, okay? She can confess but she won’t have me since I am yours.”

“Is this some kind of ritual for boxer to talk sweetly before fighting?” Jessica hummed a bit as she saw Tiffany’s cute expression, well, Tiffany was just asking casually but for Jessica, everything Tiffany did was cute, if not beautiful, if not pretty, if not wonderful, if not awesome, if not Tiffany. Yes, Tiffany was the word of perfection for Jessica.

“Hmm, not really, but I guess that’s my ritual to show my love for you before doing everything.” Tiffany pinched Jessica who was just beside her, “You cheesy!”

Jessica faked a frown, “You don’t like it?”

Waving her hands quickly, Tiffany added, “No, I love it. It’s a shame but I love every single bit of you.”

“Aww, it flatters me….Wait, WHY IS IT A SHAME?!”

Tiffany shrugged, “Because I’m in love with troublemaker? I don’t know.” The younger girl playfully stuck her tongue out to the older girl who immediately hugged her from behind and threatened her to take back her words.

From bickering, they started to walk that way to the dressing room. Their steps became one in rhythm, Jessica put her chin on Tiffany’s shoulder, they were talking about Tiffany’s practice which was just finished.

“So you will do musical performance with Eunhyuk?” Tiffany nodded as she kept rubbing Jessica’s arms that securely wrapped around her tummy, electricity was sent into her vein, running with her blood that was pumped by her beating fast heart. She liked the feeling of being hugged by her lover, so warm and nice.

“Is there any kissing scene?” From how Jessica asked it, the younger girl knew that Jessica was kind of worried, “Do you want me to be honest or not?” Tiffany opened the door of the dressing room, “There is, right?”

Tiffany stared at the mirror that reflect their shadows, Jessica was frowning cutely which made Tiffany raised her hand and pinched Jessica’s chin, “Not with Eunhyuk, though.”

“Eh? With whom, then?”

“Another actor from other University, so, don’t worry.”

“Still, it’s still a kiss.”

“Jessi…” Jessica exhaled loudly, she pecked Tiffany’s shoulder then let her go.

“Alright, just…don’t use tongue.”

“JESSI!” Jessica laughed as her girlfriend knocked her forehead, “Really, I mean it, Tiff.”

“Of course not! You ert!” The older girl pulled Tiffany into her arms again, “Someone’s touchy today…” Jessica pecked Tiffany’s forehead, “I believe in you.”

“I believe in you too."

“Really? You didn’t sound so fine when Hara pecked me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter