Money Is Not Everything

My Single Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR’S POV

Beeping sounds filled the silence in one of the rooms in Seoul Police Station, occasionally sighs also took turns to fill the atmosphere.

“It’s done.” A gentle manly voice woke the two women from their train of thoughts, turning their heads to the device like radar with details, they furrowed their brows, didn’t really understand what the device showed.

“Cheong Dong street number 22, do you have idea who lives there?” Julia thought for a while then she shook her head slowly, “I’m not really sure… But I guess, my Mom isn’t in our head office then… Hmm.”

“Are you going there, Taeyeon?” Taeyeon turned around and looked at her Father, she nodded, “Yes, Dad.”

Julia suddenly stood up and shook Mr. Kim’s hand, “How impolite I am, I’m Julia Jung, Jessica’s Mother, your daughter has helped so much.” Mr. Kim flashed a kind smile, “I know who you are already, Taeyeon here has sent a message, it’s a pleasure for us to help you, Mrs. Jung.”

Then the two shared polite bows, “Is she coming with you, Julia-ssi?” Julia looked hesitant while Taeyeon nodded eagerly, “Of course I’m coming. Jessica is nowhere to be found and you guys want me to just stay doing nothing? Over my dead body.”

Julia opened slightly, surprised at the blunt words Taeyeon let out just now, but Mr. Kim laughed loudly, he stood up and patted Taeyeon’s shoulder rather hardly, “My my, our Tae-tae is a grown up now, eh?”

“Stop it, Dad.” Shrugging her shoulder, making her Dad’s hand was no longer on her shoulder, but now her head was being the target, Mr. Kim patted Taeyeon’s head, “I’m thinking of freeing you from curfew, save your best friend bravely like how Policeman’s daughter should do.”

The only Jung inside of that room was amused, how came someone who was a stranger for her letting his daughter to help her?

“Please take care of my Tae-tae here, Mrs. Jung. I have to file some evidences my team found this afternoon, if you excuse me, ladies?” Politely Mr. Kim stood up and Julia let him, Julia shook his hand once again then bowed politely.

Before heading out, Mr. Kim hugged Taeyeon, Mr. Kim’s built body made Taeyeon looked even smaller, but still tough.

“Don’t be silly and have fun.”

“Dad, I’m not going out to play.”

While chuckling, Mr. Kim explained, “I know, just, I know that business is actually not your passion but things like this.” Taeyeon froze for a while, she didn’t know that her Dad knew about her passion, being a policewoman or detective or anyone in criminology.

Staring at her Dad in disbelief, Taeyeon whispered, “You know…?”

“I always knew. Well, Mrs. Jung is waiting, we are wasting time here, I bet your best friend is there now.” Mr. Kim flashed a smirk.

“5 bucks for it.”

“Make it 10, bye Tae-tae.” Pecking Taeyeon’s crown of head, Mr. Kim went out, leaving the two women.

“Your Dad is a very nice guy, Taeyeon.” Julia commented after watching the Dad-Daughter in front of her, “Yes, Auntie, that’s where I get my nice attitude.” Grinning, Taeyeon felt proud of her Dad, then she opened the door, looking at smiling Julia, “Let’s go there, Auntie?”

Julia nodded then walked and hailed a cab, not failing to see Taeyeon’s proud grin.

-

White ceilings filled Jessica’s vision, blur at first but slowly it became clearer, cold air brushed her exposed face, making her pale white skin even paler than before, “Ugh…”

Footsteps were heard faintly, Jessica closed her eyes immediately, acting like she was still fainting.

“She hasn’t awake yet? What did you guys do to my granddaughter?!” A powerful voice echoed through the room where Jessica was lying down.

“We are very sorry, Mrs. Jung. But she fought back when we…”

“SHUT UP. I don’t take excuses AND YOU KNOW THAT. ERIC!” Quick footsteps were heard by Jessica, then a familiar voice rang in her ears.

“Y-yes, Mrs. Jung?”

“Put some warm blanket over my Granddaughter’s body. And turn down the temperature, call a doctor, make hot soup for her, JUST MAKE SURE THAT SOOYEON WILL BE FINE! Do you guys hear that?!”

“Yes, Mr… MRS JUNG?!” Sounds of shocked shout were heard, gasps and even sounds of quick footsteps from the expensive loafers were heard, something was happened.

“MRS JUNG!”

Echoes of inaudible voices filled the room, Jessica couldn’t hold her curiosity again, she peeked, the guys were surrounding her Grandma, her Grandma looked so weak and clutching her chest, two guys supported her to stand up, “What the hell is happening…? Grandma?”

A soft but stern voice broke the incoherent whispers, “Gentlemen, please step aside. Mrs. Jung, it’s 9 PM already, and you have been very tired today, Doctor Lee, please.” Then all the guys helped Mrs. Jung to sit on the wheelchair, a doctor held her hand but Jessica quickly closed her eyes when she saw the young girl with soft voice turned around, she could feel that the young girl was staring at her, but then footsteps were heard, soon the door was closed.

Jessica exhaled in relief.

The blonde girl opened her eyes.

“You’re awake.” A girl bent to have an eye to eye level with lying down Jessica.

“HHHKH!” Gasping, Jessica scooted away from the young girl, the young girl stared at Jessica with serious stare, “Are you okay?”

“Beside almost having a heart attack since I thought you are already left, I’m alright.” Smiling a bit, Seohyun took Jessica’s hand, she creased her brows, chec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter