Lesson Learnt

My Single Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HEY! I'm here! <3

Due to the questions from the previous chapter, here's to explain things! :D

Hope you guys like it!

AUTHOR’S POV

Two soft knocks on the door woke Tiffany from her deep slumber. She inhaled deeply before asking, “Who is it?”

“Fany, it’s Daddy.” A familiar baritone voice from the Professor echoed in the empty hallway. Tiffany gently put Soojung’s hand away from her body and made sure the baby girl was still asleep before making her way to her father.

Half asleep, half awake, she opened the door quietly, “Hello, Dad. Sorry I haven’t called you lately.”

An understanding nod was given from the warm hearted Professor, “It’s okay. Here, Yoona and her Mom made chicken soup for you and Soojung, it was a bit bland when I tasted it but they said it’s good for babies. They don’t use any MSG.”

Tiffany opened the door wider so her Dad could get into their place. It was quite spacious for an adult and one baby girl. The just awoke girl took the chicken soup and took it the kitchen. She put the already cool soup into the microwave and reheated it.

“I’ll text them saying thank you.” The man just nodded a few times before taking a seat on the comfy couch.

“Break will be over soon.” Tiffany stopped on her way into the bathroom, she sighed, “Yes, Dad. I’ll still continue my study, it’s not like I will throw away my future for just Je- her.”

A ‘tch’ sound was heard when Tiffany got inside of the bathroom, she bit her lips as she almost called out the most familiar name to her, weeks ago.

“But you have all classes with her.” With cautious, Michael Hwang added.

“I know.” Taking out her toothbrush, she stated that she knew that already. It annoyed her a bit how her Dad pointed that out, but she knew where this was going.

“How will you face her?” Also with cautious, Michael Hwang asked.

There it was.

“I’ll just pretend she’s no one.” Michael Hwang could feel the eerie feeling on his spine when he heard what his daughter said. It was filled with…hatred?

“You sure?”

“Yeah.” Wiping up her face, Tiffany was now sitting beside her Dad.

“It’s Jessica Jung. Your…first…love…” as if thousands of hands pinched her heart, Tiffany felt like her heart was going to be bruised by hearing her name.

“Yes.”

“Fany-ah.”

“Yes, Dad?”

It wasn’t his usual sweet daughter, his daughter had changed. His daughter turned into someone who was gloomy, well she had never been the brightest one like Sunny, but Tiffany was energetic, unlike now.

Michael took Tiffany’s hand into his. The hand of her father wasn’t soft, but it was very warm, Tiffany held it, “It’s okay to be angry, it’s okay to feel upset, it’s okay. But let the past go, you haven’t known the reasons, yes I do admit what Jessica has done to you two weren’t nice, b-…”

Feeling that ‘not nice’ wasn’t the right word, she cut it, “It was terrible.”

“Yes, it was. It was terrible. It was so terrible I almost flew to USA just so I could punch her for making my daughter cry.” Tiffany held her Dad’s hand tighter, “It’s not to that extent…”

Michael smiled when Tiffany still had Jessica’s back even though he knew how Tiffany felt about Jessica.

“I’m not telling you to be back with her. But at least, give her a chance to say something, to explain things, t-…”

“Did she bribe you?”

Michael laughed at the suspicious stare Tiffany gave to him, “Of course not. No one could bribe just so I can get my daughter’s heart for them. I’m telling you this because we all make mistake. And I know this one that Jessica made is something…terrible. But! You haven’t heard her point of view, you haven’t tried to place yourself in her shoes, haven’t you?”

The young adult got silenced at that, yes, she never really heard the explanation from Jessica herself and she never really knew how it was to be Jessica. It was media and Taeyeon who had tried to explain why Jessica left her.

“I’m actually confused, Dad..”

“Of?”

“Of what im going to do if I ever meet Je-J-essica again.”

“Just be you. The old you. The one I always knew. Don’t let any hatred get in between you two, you aren’t a hater, Fany.” Tiffany took another deep breath, “I don’t want her to think that I’m easy so she could leave and go back as she wants.”

“Then don’t let her do anything she wants. She has to learn her lesson. But, still, give her a chance because we all know how in love she is with you.”

A big pang on her heart, Tiffany bit her lips when she felt that. How she wished it was Jessica herself who said that to her.

Deep inside, Tiffany was going to forgive Jessica and let everything be like how it was used to be.

But there was a part of her, a part that was still afraid, one part that couldn’t throw her pride away. She needed more than just assurance from Jessica that she would never do that again. Because it wasn’t just about her or Jessica or them, it was about Soojung too, an innocent baby girl who would be confused of her closest Umma’s sudden leaving.

Speaking of the devil, the baby girl just woke up.

“Hey, my little Princess.” Michael, who was now close to Soojung thanks to the incident, held Soojung up and kissed her sleepy face, “Good morning, Soojungie.”

Soojung didn’t answer, she just pecked Michael’s lips before trying to get into her Mommy’s arms.

“Morning, Jungie~” Tiffany sang a song with her sentence, Soojung giggled and mumbled, “Molrning Mommy…”

Michael saw that Tiffany who was with Soojung was the same dau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter