Fast Learner

My Single Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a while, sorry :(

AUTHOR’S POV

The two young girls looked at each other, extremely confused with what should they do. Then Tiffany, the smarter one, whispered to her lover, “I’m going to Soojung, you continue the interview, okay?”

But the older girl tugged her girlfriend’s wrist, “I can’t answer these questions by myself…”

The younger girl rolled her eyes, “You did just well, Jessi. You were the one who answered almost all the questions in session one!” The whisper was harsh but the reporters didn’t seem to hear that.

“Oh you’re right.” If the reporters weren’t there, Tiffany would love to hit the wide forehead of her girl, she was just too dumb.

“Everyone, Tiffany here has an urgent stuff to do, so I’ll be the one who will answer your questions.” Jessica spoke to the microphone as Tiffany bowed to the reporters, Tae Hee and James, they shot Tiffany questioning stares but they let Tiffany off.

One of the reporters raised her hand, turned out it was the woman reporter, the Park one.

“Yes, Ms. Park?”

“What kind of stuff that Ms. Hwang has to do until she has to leave this important interview?”

Tsk. Nosy woman.

Jessica thought to herself but she just smiled and answered politely, “I don’t exactly know since I haven’t seen it by myself, one of the staffs just told me something that is related to family matter but for exactly what, I’m afraid I still don’t know much about it myself.” She didn’t lie though, Soojung was a family for both of them.

The reporters nodded along to the explanation Jessica gave, they seemed satisfied while the nosy reporter seemed to be not. She stared at the door of the room then leaned back onto her chair.

“Alright now, where were we?” The reporters raised their hands since they still wanted to ask questions.

 

-

 

With huge fast steps the rushing Tiffany walked in the hallway going to the other room. Feeling more anxious as more steps she took, Tiffany almost ran when she faintly heard a familiar whine from the certain room.

Almost immediately after opening the door, her legs were hugged by the tiny body of Soojung.

“Mommy…” Tiffany quickly closed the door and held Soojung up, tears were rolling down on Soojung’s reddened face.

“Ssshh…” The young woman hugged the baby girl while patting her back in soothing manner, the baby girl still had her tears coming down as she tightened her hold on her Mommy’s neck.

There was no word exchanged for a while, Soojung only hugged Tiffany tight and Tiffany kept shushing the girl while patting her back comfortingly.

At least two minutes after Tiffany held Soojung, the girl was completely calm, she leaned her head on Tiffany’s shoulder, didn’t seem wanting to let go.

Tiffany sighed when she felt her collar was clutched by a pair of tiny hands, Soojung was like trapping her with her mini bear hug.

“Soojung…” The baby girl didn’t answer, because every time she did, she always failed getting her Mommy’s attention, she was smart enough to not let that happened again.

The quiet Soojung was funny since the girl was actually quite talkative when she was with Tiffany and Jessica, but Tiffany didn’t take it as a funny scene, she felt guilty towards the little mango lover.

“Jungie~” The grip on Tiffany’s collar was tightened, as if Soojung held herself to not talking and it made Tiffany smiled. She knew that Soojung couldn’t stay mad at her Mothers for long time, even though it only had been 4 minutes.

“Yellow yellow Soojungie~” The baby girl almost smiled when she heard the nickname, she liked yellow color and being called like that almost made her threw her pride and answered her Mommy right away, but she bit her lips.

Mommy knows the best, Tiffany wasn’t an exception for this, so she knew that Soojung almost gave in when she shifted uncomfortably in her hold.

“Mango monster~”

That was it.

“…Mmm?” The prideful Soojung let out a little mum that was almost unheard if Tiffany wasn’t holding her, but Tiffany heard it and it reminded her of the Umma, the prideful Jung.

“Is Soojung mad?” The innocent and honest Soojung nodded her head once, and jutted her lower lips while making thin lines with her eyes as if glaring towards her Mommy when Tiffany pulled away to see her face.

But Tiffany made an eye smile and no one could resist it. I repeat, no one. Soojung’s eyes were back into their normal state, staring innocently at her Mommy while her lips still doing the pout.

“Still mad?” Another nod came from Soojung, so Tiffany wiped the stain of tears on Soojung’s face then pecked her warm cheek.

“What’s wrong?” Soojung made an expression as if she wanted to cry again because she remembered when she woke up to no one.

“Mommy and Umma lied to Oojung!!” Tiffany was surprised, this wasn’t the first time Soojung behaving like this. But it had been a while, Soojung was always a very understanding daughter. But maybe they’ve crossed the line, Soojung must be confused when she woke up to an empty room.

“Mommy is sorry, Jungie… But Umma dragged Mommy outside and we discussed about which beach we should visit later.” Tiffany crossed her fingers. She didn’t really lie, at least. They’ve discussed about it at least for a minute earlier.

“……….Beach?” If Soojung was older, Tiffany would accuse her for having a bipolar disorder. Because the pout had gone, replaced with a curious expression. Widened eyes, mouth slightly opened and blinked several times when Tiffany was thinking what to say.

Tiffany almost squealed when the girl blinked, every time Soojung blinked it was as if the girl was hoping that when she opened her eyes she could see the sea, it was that hopeful her stare was.

So Tiffany hugged Soojung while pecking her cheeks numerously, she was happy that this cutie baby girl was her daughter. No one could be this cute.

“Yes, beach. Soojung wants to go to the beach, right?” Vigorously the just-now-throwing-tantrum-baby-girl, nodded while grinning. Tiffany was wondering what Jessica taught to her every day until she was this bipolar.

“Then Soojung shouldn’t be a bad kid like that anymore.” Instan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter