Odd

My Single Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry for not updating.

After thinking deeply, I decided to make a big drama. Why? Because i want this fic to be rational and no love story is this smooth. XD

AUTHOR’S POV

While whistling, Jessica combed Soojung’s black hair. Listening to weird sounds her Umma made, the baby girl followed what Jessica was doing, but actually nor of them could do whistle well, all they did was puckering their thin lips then blew the air, it wasn’t even a whistle. But they were happy by doing that.

*DDDRRTT*

A call came, for the nth time in her days with Soojung, Jessica cancelled tying Soojung’s hair into ponytail. Since she had to pick up the call, she just let the hair fell down onto the top of the beautiful little girl’s shoulders.

Without seeing who the caller was, Jessica slid her phone and answered.

“Good morning, Jessica’s speaking.” The caller furrowed her brows but she decided to not joining the jokes, “Sica baby, are you busy now?”

Looking at the clock, she still had plenty of time, “Uh, no, why, Mom?”

“I have something to tell you.”

At the statement, her heartbeat increased its pace, “What is it, Mom?”

“You do know that stocks aren’t doing so fine these days in Korea, right?” Jessica remembered her lessons at College and also when she checked up the news in internet lately, “Yeah…” Jessica didn’t like where this thing was going.

“Uh… I think we have a problem here in Korea, Sica. I’ll be going to America after this week… If the situation here doesn’t get better, I’m afraid we have to put our business off here for a while and talk it out with the boards…”

While taking her towel, she noticed the different tone her Mom used, it was different with what she used when she talked to her daughter, “Ooh… I don’t know it gets that bad, okay, be careful and have a safe flight, Mom. Do you want me to take you to the airport? Just give me a ring, Mom, I will empty my schedule just for you.”

After a brief of silence, a sigh was heard, “Sooyeon… I think you need to come to America as well.”

Jessica stopped in her way. The first image that came into her mind was, Tiffany.

-

“Sica Unnie!” The called girl turned around as she saw a new friend of her, Yoona, waving her hand with her free hand while her other hand was holding a bag.

“Hey Yoona.” Jessica felt sorry for the girl who just called her, she seemed a bit off while answering her, but nonetheless, the doe eyed girl kept smiling like usual, the happy girl, Yoona.

“What are you doing here, Unnie?” The younger girl stared at Jessica who was holding a half sandwich, sitting on the bench at the secluded corner of the park, Yoona was always hanging out there alone or sometimes with her friends, but never once she saw Jessica there, why suddenly she was there?

Tidied up the spot beside her, Jessica forced a smile, “Nothing, just thinking.” Yoona made an O shape with while taking a seat beside Jessica, now Jessica just realized that the bag that Yoona brought was actually a bag full of foods.

Yoona started ping her bag then took out the foods, the Blonde girl stared in disbelief, the bag seemed to be just fine, not too large or something, but the foods didn’t seem stopping to come out from that bag.

“Sorry, Unnie.” Jessica chuckled while she scooted further, making space for Yoona to put down her drinks.

“Do you usually eat this much?” Yoona frowned, “I’m actually on diet…” Jessica gulped, how came a girl this thin, needed a diet? No, scratch it, how came a girl this thin, ATE THIS MUCH?

“On diet…?” Yoona grinned at the question, “Kidding, anyway, you looked troubled, Unnie. Tiffany Unnie has a new girlfriend?”

Choked at the question and the bread she bit, Jessica spat the tuna that she was chewing out, “WHAT? NO!” The question shocked her but the laugh Yoona let out was contagious, it was a very wide opened mouth laugh for a beauty like Yoona.

After the laugh subsided, Yoona bit her kimbap and stared at Jessica expectantly, “So?”

Sighing, Jessica kept mum, she couldn’t decide to tell Yoona or not, they were still just acquaintances actually.

“It’s alright if you can’t tell, Unnie.” The younger girl seemed to understand, she just stared at Jessica with her innocent eyes and biting her last kimbap. Now Jessica back into her surprised state, well, how FAST actually this girl could eat?

*DDRRT* Jessica frowned, she still hadn’t given any answers for her Mom, she was afraid if it was her Mom who called her.

“Your phone is vibrating, Unnie. Oh gosh, I thought it was my tummy…” Yoona opened the lid of her chocolate milk.

Since she didn’t want Yoona to get suspicious, she took her phone and saw that actually it was Tiffany, she sighed again, she didn’t know what to do.

Then the vibrates ended, Jessica saw that actually Tiffany had sent her more than 10 messages, 3 missed calls and one voicemail, she decided to read the messages.

 

From: Tiff Baby

06:49

‘Oh, okay, should I pick you up, instead?’

It was when Jessica told Tiffany that she couldn’t pick Tiffany up.

 

From: Tiff Baby

07:06

‘Jessi?’

 

From: Tiff Baby

09:10

‘Where are you? I’m in the class with Sunny and Taeng.’

 

From: Tiff Baby

09:20

‘Jessi, the Professor isn’t coming, where are you? Have you eaten your breakfast? Want me to accompany you?’

 

From: Tiff Baby

09:35

‘Jung Jessica, where are you? Reply this message ASAP or I will bury you in the sea of cucumbers. Kidding :p But seriously, where a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter