Regret

My Single Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR’S POV

The rumors about Soojung that spread around the students were fading away as Jessica won another matches and she never brought Soojung anymore into the University, so, the rumors finally gone by themselves without Taecyeon and Wooyoung had to do something.

Things were going better even though Jessica had to admit her defeat in semi final, but no one regretted the match, everyone saw how Jessica tried her best yet they knew that the opponent was just too experienced and strong for Jessica, even better, they were all now admiring Jessica because Jessica kept trying to fight until the end, not giving up was something Jessica had in her mind.

Taeyeon and Sunny were also getting closer each day, they understood each other even more and they talked it out if they ever got problems. These days were their happiest days because Sunny’s Mom just officially gave them her blessings after a long time Taeyeon struggled to be accepted by her lover’s family. Auntie Lee said that Taeyeon changed much in a better way, and it was rare to see her daughter smiled so wide after going to the College, something was happening and Auntie Lee knew it was all because of Taeyeon, so, why not?

The question now, what about Tiffany? Well, Jessica was trying to make time with her Dad to get him free for a dinner, a friendly dinner with Tiffany and Mr. Hwang. James was excited, of course, Michael Hwang was also his best friend, but the problem was, Grandma Jung knew all the things that occurred in that family, especially James’ life, and because of that, Grandma Jung called Jessica that afternoon.

“Hello?” Jessica was playing wii with Taeyeon when Tiffany helped her with the phone, the eye smiling girl held up the phone by her lover’s ear, she followed wherever Jessica went, since the girl was playing dancing game, she had no choice but following Jessica up and down, here and there.

“Sooyeon, It’s Grandma.”

Yeap, after the incident and the cancellation of the business wedding, there was once or twice a week they both exchanged messages, more like Tae Hee wanting to get her granddaughter back and Jessica drew a clear line between them, but at least, the Blonde did her best to be polite, never once she ignored the messages her Grandma sent to her, but also, never once she initiated the conversation between them. Nevertheless, Julia Jung was really happy and proud that her daughter could do that to her Mother in Law.

“Oh, what’s wrong, Grandma?” Jessica signed Taeyeon to pause the game, but the sly midget didn’t listen, so when Jessica turned around to give her full attention to the caller, Taeyeon continued playing until Sunny smacked her back and paused the game for Jessica, “Aw Bunny…”

“When will the University start again for your last semester?” Sensing that something wasn’t right, immediately Jessica looked for the calendar, “What do you need, Jessi?”

“Our academic calendar, Tiff.” Jessica kept searching but Tiffany opened their University’s website, “Here.”

“Thank you, my Smart Goddess.” Tiffany playfully pushed Jessica while giggling, she was always amused by the random nicknames Jessica gave to her, sometimes the nicknames were horrible, but sometimes were nice, like this time.

“You’re with Tiffany now?” Tae Hee didn’t seem so happy but Jessica ignored the tone her Grandma used, “Yes I am, she’s my girlfriend, it will be worse if I’m with another girl now, yah brat! Don’t eat that mango pudding, it’s mine! Yah!!”

There was a ruckis in the apartment, and for once in a very long while, Tae Hee didn’t seem to be mad for waiting at the other line, she actually smiled because she imagined how cute Soojung running around with Jessica chasing her just because a tiny mango pudding.

“Hello? Sorry for that, Grandma. University will start on 17th this month, why, Grandma? Oh, happy new year, Grandma.” Tae Hee scribbled on a paper then nodded to her assistant, “If that so then the party will be held on 3th then. You can bring your friends here, and Soojung too.”

Tiffany, who was listening all along, creasing her brows and mouthing, “What party?” Jessica shrugged and spoke her mind out loud, “Party? My friends? Soojung? What is it?”

“New year party, this is Jung’s tradition, well more like New year business party, but starting from this year, I think it will be held even bigger than last year, I want you to come and ask your friends to come too. Let’s just say it’s a thank you for saving you from that Park and my apology to do things without thinking about you first.” Jessica looked at Tiffany and Tiffany shrugged, “Grandma, did you eat an expired food today?”

A chuckle was let out by the old lady, it had been a very long time, even though Jessica asked it casually, it was such a progress for them to have one of them joking like that, “No I didn’t. And oh, tell Tiffany to bring good clothes, our relatives will be here too, and if they don’t approve, don’t even think that I will even consider.” Venom was obvious in the tone Tae Hee used, she really wanted the best for Jessica yet didn’t want to get rid of Tiffany before the girl at least trying, so Jessica smiled, “She will be the best, Grandma. I promise you a gorgeous lover of mine, well, if you have nothing else to say, I have a very important thing to do.”

“What is it, Sooyeon?”

“Bathing Soojung, that brat stinks.” With a loud smack was heard from the apartment and big laughs from duo danshins echoed in the family room, Tae Hee knew that at least her daughter was fine there, “Stop calling Soojung that and say hello to Soojung from me.”

“Augh, it hurts Tiff…. Okay, Grandma, YAH BRAT, GRANDMA SAID THAT YOU’RE FAT! HAHA NO TIFF I Was kiddi…ng.....*click*” Tae Hee smiled at the other line, she nodded to her assistant, “Clean our guest rooms, we will have some guests, and yes, Sooyeon’s used room, clean it too, I don’t know if Sooyeon wants to use that room but I bet Tiffany wants to know her childhood.”

Seohyun took a quick note then smiled to Tae Hee, “I’m sorry for asking this, but did you just mention Tiffany? You actually care about her, Mrs. Jung.”

Realizing her tongue slip, Tae Hee closed her eyes while leaning her back onto her comfy chair she was seating on, “If you don’t have any more question, please leave, I need my rest.”

“Okay, Mrs. Jung. I’ve told you before but let me say it again, you aren’t as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter