Different

My Single Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR’S POV

The first day of exam was done in that sunny Monday, Jessica was waiting for Tiffany in front of the restroom when she was greeted by Taeyeon, “Sica!”

Jessica looked up from her phone screen and saw Taeyeon, she smiled as she patted the side of the bench for Taeyeon, “How was today, Taeng?” A grin came on her dorky pale face, “It was fine, I could do it well, but there was something weird with the fourth problem, I didn’t really get it.”

Jessica snapped her fingers as she nodded vigorously, “Yes! I thought I was the only one who found it different with what we learnt!” Taeyeon clapped her hands excitedly, “Really?! Me too! Me too! Are we soulmate, Sica?!”

The excited expression on Jessica’s face turned into a flat one as soon as Taeyeon said that, “….Err…”

Taeyeon looked away as she found that line awkward too, there was a bit silence before their eyes met, “HAHAHAH!” Their laughs burst out, their friendship was always that unusual, but they knew they cared about each other very much.

Their laughs subsided as they saw quite pale Tiffany came out from the restroom, “Hey Fany!” Taeyeon greeted then Tiffany smiled a bit towards Taeyeon, “Hi Taeng.” Taeyeon grinned before picking up a call, then she slapped her own forehead, “Guys, going to go, bye!” Taeyeon ran from the restroom, leaving Tiffany and Jessica.

“Bad day, Tiff? You took long.” Tiffany looked at Jessica then sighed, “No, it’s fine.” Then Tiffany walked in front of Jessica, towards the white BMW.

The blonde felt there was something off with the Brunette, but thinking that maybe it was just her, she shrugged and walked towards the car, opening the door for Tiffany.

Tiffany smiled a bit as a thank you sign, then Jessica walked to the driver seat, she peeked to Tiffany, Tiffany was biting her lips a bit, “Anything’s wrong, Tiff?”

Tiffany shook her head as she buckled up her seatbelt, Jessica let it slide as she buckled up too then drove away to her apartment.

Since it was their exams week, they got dismissed from University sooner because there weren’t classes after the exam, it was still 10 am so they hadn’t fetched Soojung yet.

Tiffany shifted a lot on her seat in the way back home, Jessica noticed this but since Tiffany didn’t wanna talk about it, she kept mum, but once in a while, she stretched her right hand to Tiffany’s hair. And the younger girl seemed to enjoy it a bit more than usual.

Something was really happening with her girlfriend, but what was it Jessica couldn’t know.

-

Jessica took Tiffany’s bag, “Let me.” Tiffany let Jessica did it, which made Jessica quite confused, it wasn’t often for Tiffany to let Jessica did everything for her, but maybe Tiffany was tired so she let Jessica did.

Jessica opened the apartment door and let Tiffany in, as soon as Tiffany saw the couch, she threw herself on the couch and lied down, the younger girl looked so happy to found the couch. Jessica kicked the shoes so they wouldn’t get in the way in, then she put their bags on the coffee table, “Want something to drink, Tiff?”

The Brunette rubbed her tummy and nodded, “Yes please.” Her voice was weak.

Jessica smiled as she walked into the kitchen, opened the refrigerator, taking a bottle full of orange juices then took two glasses, filled them up and put the bottle back into the refrigerator.

“Fresh Ice Orange Juice, Tiff!” Tiffany looked at the orange juice then frowned, she looked at Jessica then sighed, “I’m going to the restroom, Jessi.” Then Tiffany left Jessica without forgetting to sigh once again, at that time, Jessica noticed that Tiffany was sweating, her face was paler than usual and the way Tiffany walked was quite weird.

“What’s wrong with her?” Jessica took her phone and looked for Sunny, immediately looking for help.

 

-

After two rings, Sunny picked up, “Yes?”

Jessica gulped, her best friend was also not in quite good mood, “H..Hi Sunny, it’s me Sica.”

“I know.”

Jessica felt nervous a bit more, “Do you know what happen with Tiffany?”

“Huh? What do you mean?” Now it got Sunny’s attention. Well, Sunny and Tiffany got much closer.

“She is really quiet today…”

“Maybe she’s tired.”

Jessica shook her head but she realized that Sunny couldn’t see her, “No, it’s different, she’s quite pale today.”

“Is she sick?”

Jessica shrugged, but then she realized again that Sunny STILL couldn’t see her, “I don’t know, I’ve asked but she didn’t say anything, she said that she was fine and nothing wrong.”

“Does she go to the restroom a lot?”

Jessica nodded, but there was a long silence, she didn’t realize that Sunny couldn’t see her, “Yes she does.”

“Did she eat anything bad?”

Jessica tried to remember, “I don’t think so… She was like that since morning and she didn’t eat anything much since morning…”

“Period, Sica.”

“What?”

“Period, she’s in her period.”

“Huh?”

“Are you a girl or not? God damnit, Period, like your monthly thing, come on!”

Jessica gulped again as she found Sunny got quite tempered that day, “Uh… Okay… what should I do then…?”

“Urrggghhhh! Use your brain, bye!”

*click*

Jessica pulled her phone away from her ear then stared at the phone screen, Sunny really hung her up, what happened with everyone that day?

 

Then Jessica remembered some things she ever watched with Tiffany, she wore her cardigan again then shouted to Tiffany, who was still in the bathroom, “Tiff, I’m going out for a while okay?!”

Without waiting for the answer, Jessica took something with her then ran off.

-

“Good morning, are you ready to order?” A friendly waiter came to Jessica who was reading the menu, Jessica nodded as she pointed to the pictures in the menu, then she handed the waiter something, the waiter took it and smiled, “Okay, it won’t take long, thank you for the order.”

The blonde smiled to waiter then headed to the cashier, readied to pay for her orders.

-

With two plastic bags, her phone and her wallet in her hand, Jessica pushed the minimarket door with her free hand, she did multitasking like her girlfriend th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter