Incomplete and Unsuitable

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Ga In's point of view. 

-

Kwonnie’s quickly back to his usual chirpy self, and we really have to show our faces, so I head for the door.

 

“And Ga In-ah?” His voice stops me short. “I love you too.”

Adorable boy. Totally love it when he tells me something like that, “Got it.”

“More than you know.”

 

Our appearance causes a ruckus, probably for what we’re wearing, and the fact that I just popped up without fanfare. No, they were not getting the usual romantic soppy procession that people normally associate with weddings. I’m glad that we had the foresight to completely physically obscure the sight of certain tables from the media. (Even though it is quite frankly, an eyesore.) The media, who have just proven not to know where the line is drawn, will not badger our parents and close relatives. Also, the privacy of the pregnant BEG unnies, and Sunye’s children are protected. We were right to insist on this.

 

Ong and Taec are already milling around the podium, and get down to their newly-assigned roles without fanfare. After the incident at the door, everything goes swimmingly. Guests are kept occupied by either the food or the sheer antics of our friends on stage. We alternate between live performances, videos that we’ve rushed to put together and time for people to eat. Yes, I do think we somewhat achieve the casual big party feel that we were going for.

 

Kwonnie and I are busy hopping from table to table, greeting friends and other relatives, accepting congratulations and engaging in small talk. We’re done earlier than expected, and actually have time to grab a bite while being amused by the rest of them.

 

 

“Now, we’ll have Changmin, Seulong, Jinwoon sing a congratulatory song.” Taecyeon says, and we suddenly pay full attention to what’s going on onstage.

“It’s very weird for us to be standing here without Kwon-ah to be honest. Normally, he’ll be the one doing the introduction.” Changmin oppa confesses.

“We won’t introduce ourselves as 2AM today, since it isn’t complete.” Ong adds on. “We thought we’d sing a 2AM song for a change, since we’ve never gotten a chance to and today’s very relaxed.”

“We’ll be singing This Song. The song that made 2AM the 2AM it is today, and Kwon-ah the Kwon we know today.”

“We’re aware it’s not entirely suitable, and we sincerely wish that Kwon-ah won’t be in that situation anymore.”

“Changmin hyung, Seulong hyung and I present you, This Song.”

 

Three of them fare well without Kwonnie, highlighting their vocal prowess. But I think 2AM only sounds like 2AM with Kwon in it. Just like how BEG wouldn’t be BEG if we were missing a member. Funnily enough, the emotion that it’s supposed to evoke isn’t there, for me. This is an era of 2AM that I remember as Seulong and friends, since I hadn’t befriended anyone else from 2AM then. That’s not the case for Kwonnie though. From his eyes, I see him reliving his journey of getting there—the struggles, hardship and adversity. Kwonnie squeezes my hand briefly. Then the light at the end of the tunnel. They chose right.

 

“I would stand here, wish you eternal happiness and bliss, order Kwon-ah to take care of Ga In-ah, express my jubilation since both of them are such good friends to me…” Ong pauses, “But I won’t. Even if I don’t say it, I’m sure in your heart, you’ve already heard my well-wishes.” He d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter