Many Feeble Attempts

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Ga In's point of view. I apologise once again. 

-

Heaven is a complicated case, since I do wish I were the girl instead. I do think the song is really pretty and it isn’t about breaking up or finding someone else. Not primarily anyway. There’s no time for us to be picky about it, so Kwonnie and I basically record it as best as we can. As best as we can this hastily that is. We just hope that no one will realise all the rough parts in our version.

 

 

Ong had caught on video us singing without our knowledge, much to my horror. Ong and Jinwoon had the bright idea of letting 2AM react to it. Just like how GLAM had an (absolutely hilarious) video of the reacting to Miso and Kwonnie singing.

 

Which quickly degenerates into a Kwonnie bashing session.

 

“Kwon-ah, did you just look away? You’re being shy now?” Changmin oppa demands.

“Hyungs, please look at his eyes.” Jinwoon comments about Kwonnie’s narrowed eyes when his is always narrower.

Ong very intentionally drops his water bottle onto the floor to demonstrate his excitement, “This is even safer than their stage performances!”
“What do you expect? We were really recording!”

“You get to choose your own duet partner and it only comes out like that.” Jinwoon rails at Kwonnie jokingly.

“Score one, you just insulted a sunbae.” Changmin oppa deadpans. “Who also happens to be your noona.”

“Eh, Ga In-ah, you sound like you know how to sing.” Ong thoughtlessly comments.

“Of course I know how to sing. How else do you think I’ve been plying this industry.” I reply from outside the frame.

“I meant, Heaven.”

“They’re finally looking at each other!” Jinwoon draws the attention back to the recording.

“Don’t they look at each other all the time? Like for half their stage performances?” Ong dismisses this as unimportant, and I happen to agree with him.

“Hey, we must at least try to be as excited as GLAM was!” Jinwoon protests.

“That won’t work. So we’re going to the opposite route of being thoroughly unimpressed.” Changmin oppa hisses.

Jinwoon promptly pulls out his phone and acts completely uninterested.

“If you’re going to pat Ga In’s head at the end of the video, Kwon, you’re so dead.”

I guess Kwonnie’s going to escape death this round, since we wind up giggling. He embraces me after we’re done, a habit that we’ve acquired due to the many performances we’ve done together.

“I guess it still looks more natural.” Changmin oppa makes a disappointed face, “Much better than head patting anyway.”

“Hyung, aren’t we supposed to be uninterested?”

Kwonnie puffs out his cheeks, and I ruffle his hair.

 

-

 

While we can’t leave out Bloom, it baffles me as how 2AM even intends to film it. Or effectively parody it. We feebly attempt to do what we can.

 

The kitchen floor is this time used as a surface to feed dogs. Since there are no sheep, I contend to play with dogs. Then we transit into me sitting on a chair, with the 2AM backup dancers (poorly) imitating the butterfly move. Nothing else of the dance can b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter