Baby Toys and Deliveryman

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Kwon's point of view. 

-

I suddenly feel like I’m being put on a microscope again, as the rumours of us getting together spiral out of control. Well, technically they aren’t rumours, because they are indeed true. Ga In gets her wish of occupying a significant part of the news, since it is currently happening right now—though she really copes just fine with the attention.

 

The 2AM boys derive great pleasure from sending me link after link of article regarding the two of us. At the agency, the uninformed keep stopping me along the corridors to ask if the news is indeed true. Sometimes, there are even reporters outside the agency trying to worm a confirmation out of me. My handphone buzzes and rings non stop from curious souls—to an extent that it’s a hunk of useless metal temporarily.

 

Everything I put up is suddenly hyper analyzed and dissected into the smallest possible pieces. Then netizens trawl up all the old photos that I’ve put up and search for signs of Ga In. Let’s say, they do find considerable evidence of Ga In, but nothing as blatant as polaroids of two of us together. Not only that, they dig up all our old performance photos, variety appearances and the like. They correctly identify our rings as not sponsored and matching. They find a whole range of other couple items while they’re at it too.

 

From prior knowledge, I knew that revealing would elicit this kind of reaction from everyone. A reaction much worse than the rest of 2AM combined. But I didn’t expect a reaction that was bigger than what I was accustomed to under WGM. Everyone has independently arrived at the correct conclusion—really, is there any other solution you can humanly arrive at? It is fortunate that public opinion is still mostly positive.

 

Of course, there’s no way I can see Ga In-ah without being seriously stalked by nosy reporters. Again, I know they’re just doing their job, so no hard feelings.

 

Just as the hype is dying down, KBS has to broadcast two of us on variety, which will likely pulverize any last shred of doubt that anyone has. I think the cycle will start all over again. Either way, the BEG noonas and 2AM decide that this is something way too juicy to be missed, so Jea noona opens her house for a gathering—we’re always finding excuses for gatherings. It’s probably more accurately stated as a Ga In-ah and Kwonnie humiliation session. I don’t even know how all of them happen to be free and Jea noona’s husband happens to be overseas! Well, at least I get to see Ga In-ah without the reporters trailing just behind.

 

“It’s like WGM 8 years later!” Shrieks Jea noona in amusement before anything even begins. “Kwonnie, you’re treating us to takeout!”

“What!” Since when did I say I was treating anything?

“After we said so many good things about you!” Jea noona threatens, which is utterly amusing as she has a baby’s rattle pointed in my face.

“You will be able to find another boyfriend for your dear Ga In-ah, but you won’t be able to find her a boyfriend better than me.” I challenge, pushing the baby’s rattle away from my face.

“Arrogant brat!” Narsha noona joins in the fray, continuously attacking me.

“Noona, you actually think I’m arrogant? Honestly.”

“Yes I think I can.” Now I have a pacifier in front of my face, courtesy of Narsha noona “But I don’t think I can find one Ga In-ah likes better. Which I think is your point.”

“And Kwon-ah? It’s as much as your dear Ga In-ah as it is ours.” Suddenly Jea noona loses all the combative cells in her.

“Okay, I’ll treat everyone to dinner.” Cheers erupt from all directions, and I’m really starting to pity Jea noona’s baby in the crib not too far away. “But can someone else call, ‘cause I think my phone will be overloaded very soon.”

 

2AM and BEG gather together to discuss what kind of takeout they would like—or more accurately what’s best to order to bleed Kwon-ah of his money. Ga In-ah extricates herself from that cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter