No More Ideas

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Ga In's point of view. Italics are what is written. 

-

We go for a break, and the emcees stalk over.

“You two are really impossible! Why do you’ll know everything? But the recording is turning out pretty well with you two, I think. No hard feelings right?” With that, Boom oppa is gone.

Na Young unnie drags us to a corner, “Tell me now, what’s the deal with two of you?”

“Meaning?” I feign innocence.

“The photos!” She probes, “Where you can see the polaroids in the background?”

“What about them?” Kwonnie joins forces with me in pretending to know nothing.

“You two brats are together right?” Na Young unnie has her face eagerly pushed forward, with a grin forming.

“We believe the photo is sufficiently clear, and no further clarification is required.” I repeat robotically, from memory the line that was in the press statement.

“That means yes.” Na Young unnie squeals, while pushing two of us together. “You brats, you kept it from everyone for so long!”

Kwon gives me a questioning look, and I convey my unspoken permission. There’s no harm in letting Na Young unnie know about it, since it’s already leaked out.

“Noona, you don’t even know when we got together. You’re not qualified to make such a comment.” Kwon replies cheekily.

“But noona knows that two of you would not reveal it unless it’s stable. It sure as heck looks stable to me.” Na Young unnie makes a very rational comment, before going into fangirl mode, “I knew it all along!”

“It was an accident.” I frankly confess, “He didn’t even realise it until the next day.”

“Unnie just knows. You two kept exchanging glances during the recording, then Kwonnie kept brushing the back of his hand against your arm.” She mimics Kwonnie’s actions, and practically nails it.

“Noona!” Kwonnie whines, somewhat ashamed at being caught red handed.

“Why don’t two of you just confirm it already?”

“Not denying it is as good as confirming it, don’t you think, unnie?”

She crosses her arms, “Perhaps. But how’s the reaction to everything?”

“You know, unnie, the standard. Most of Kwon’s and my fans are not thrilled by the news. But they’ve since come to accept that we too have lives, and this was inevitable. Portion of them are still very against it, but it’s not something we can do something about. At least, I haven’t gotten any death threats yet.”

“The vicious haters are pretty despicable though. Rumours going around that, you know, I’m gay and Ga In-ah’s lesbian, but we’re trying to cover it up. Publicity stunt, things like that. Nothing that we haven’t seen before.” I entwine my hand with his briefly, as I know, he despises this particular rumour of him.

“They should seriously just get a life. I don’t get it, how long has it been since, and you wish to hold a publicity stunt.” Na Young unnie isn’t shy about expressing her anger at the situation, “Don’t mind what those idiots say, Kwonnie.”

“But there are people who are very supportive, and leave such nice messages. As long as they’re not sending me death threats or spreading malicious rumours, I’m very thankful already.”
“The aunties who think you’re really together back then are going to be so confused!” Na Young unnie adds, and she stifles a giggle. Yes, there were a great number of older people who believed that we were really married. “I’m really so happy for two of you!” She continues, flashing such a genuine and bright smile, before rushing off to prepare for the next part of recording. 

 

The next part of the programme starts with them making us write down answers to a list of questions secretly. It seems like they’ll be asking your partner to guess the answer.

 

Name your favourite group of the opposite gender.

2AM. This is easy, Kwonnie should be able to get this one right.

 

Name your favourite member of that group.

I hesitate since I’ve on more than one occasion previously stated that I was a big fan of Changmin oppa. And Seulongie is my best friend. Of course, the truthful answer is Kwonnie though. I write Kwonnie anyway.

 

Name your ideal kind.

I chuckle out loud, since when do they still ask this kind of outdated questions! This is definitely off the cuff. Oh, I haven’t stated an ideal kind in so long. It’s not something you think about when you have a boyfriend, is it? I write Kwonnie again.

 

Name your best friend.

Im Seulong. This is a question he will definitely nail.

 

Name an artist you would like to collaborate with.

So many, gosh. But I decide that Kwon has the best chance of guessing it correctly if I write his name down. This has morphed into an exercise of writing down Kwon’s name. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter