190920

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Kwon's point of view. It's a bit long. 

-

We’re driving to the venue now. I know, this isn’t the way it’s supposed to be. Ga In-ah’s supposed to be with her dad now. But since we’re literally going there and throwing a party—we don’t even have bridesmaids, best men and what have you. Done away with, we’re just throwing a party. No long drawn speeches thanking every other person. Ga In-ah more or less insisted that it should not appear like a wedding. Ga In-ah has gone through with wearing something out of her wardrobe that she would wear on a normal basis. Way oversized blouse, white pullover and faded jeans. She is definitely going to attract a whole lot of strange looks and questions for sure—whether the dress code was casual or not. At least she didn’t choose to miff me by wearing hot pants or a translucent top like she normally does for the red carpet.

 

People are going to be thrown off by us arriving at the same time. I’ve heard that there is a hoard of reporters staking out, waiting for us to arrive. To save us harassment throughout the night, we’ve decided to address the media the first thing we get there to get it over and done with. I can already predict the questions.

 

 

“Can we see the wedding ring?” Stopped at the earliest possible time.

That’s easy. Ga In-ah and I place our hands close together to allow the overly enthusiastic media to get a photo.

“You only announced your wedding very recently, it feels rushed.” I know where this is going, “So we’re all very curious as to why.”

“Actually, we hinted at it back in May. A tweet where my ring could be seen. Ga In-ah replied with a photo that showed her ring. But no one picked that one up.”

“So is Ga In pregnant?”

“No. Think about it, we hinted at it back in May. It’s been more than four months since then. If I were really pregnant, you should be able to tell right?” There are definitely holes in that argument, but any argument is better than merely denying it.

“When did two of you get together, exactly?”

“Not soon after WGM. Not that recently either.” This is as good an answer as we’re revealing.

“Is this your wedding dress. I mean, outfit?”

“Yes, and I see no problem with it.” Ga In-ah, spunky as always.

“Not afraid of your bridesmaids outshining you?” Ignorant reporter, this one.

“No. We don’t have bridesmaids.” Ga In her head to a side, “Or best men, if that’s your question.” I note the shocked look on reporters’ faces

“Not afraid of your numerous guests outshining you?”

“No. To me, what other people think nearly as important.” And for a while, the place is silent. “If you have any questions, please direct them at us now.”

“How many children do you want to have?” Sensitive.

“We’ll leave that to fate.” Ga In knows the question is going to be directed at her eventually.

“How do you feel about Ga In being older than you?”

“I occasionally forget that she’s older than me now.” There’s a reason why Ga In-ah doesn’t like me calling her noona anymore, “I don’t think the age difference really matters.”

“Honeymoon plans?”

“Not finalised yet.”

“It’s strange, you seem so relaxed about your own wedding but you fuss over everyone else.” Veiled insult?

“We are relaxed people outside of work. We’re not picky about this kind of thing. But of course when you help other people, you must do it to the best of your ability.”

“You don’t feel a need to give Ga In-ah a romantic, dreamy, perfect wedding?” Direct insult.

“I didn’t want one. Didn’t want to go through the hassle of planning one. And to me it isn’t important anymore. Maybe five years ago, I would have said it was important, but to me, now, it isn’t important.” Ga In jumps in to defend me.

“That’s not normal.” This reporter is sure trying to push my buttons.

“Perhaps. But since when was I normal?”

“Is it because he’s stingy?” Keep it down. Don’t lash out. These reporters! Keep it down.

Ga In chuckles, “Kwonnie’s not stingy when it comes to me. There are a few people he’s not stingy around, I’m one of them.” Her patience is wearing thin.

“Then why didn’t he buy you a fancier wedding ring?” Referring to the fact that it doesn’t have a huge diamond, I can bet.

 

If the Public Relations staff were around, they would have just shut this reporter up. But we can’t tell her that, and everyone else is enjoying the show. So we’ll just have to deal. Bad call, we should not have turned down the offer for Public Relations staff.

 

“I didn’t want one. I like black onyx, it’s pretty. Don’t you think it makes a statement?” Ga In is truly seasoned. The smile is still on her face.

“Would you two be together in the next life, if you believe it exists?” A friendly reporter at last.

“Yes.” The answer is simple and straightforward, no caveats.

“Don’t you think that Ga In deserves someone more suitable for her, maybe someone more manly?” Hostile reporters are back. This is a shot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter