The Problem With Social Media

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Ga In's point of view. 

-

Of course, while all these things are transpiring in JYPE, I’m also juggling the commitments of a BEG mini album. I’m somewhat in disbelief that the unnies had the determination to really push through a mini album. Part of the reason why I even promised is because I suspected it had more than a fifty percent odd of falling through. From previous experience, none of my unnies took the whole pregnancy thing very well, to an extent that they were shacked up at home most of the time. (Which is also a major reason why they managed to fool everyone during our previous promotions, well, almost everyone) This time, however, seems to be completely different, since Miryo unnie, who’s faring the worst, is still more than capable of tinkering with songs in the studio. Jea unnie is perfectly fine, with her constantly nagging at me to worry about my own things and let them worry about the BEG mini album.

 

Looks like I’ve gambled wrong, though I can’t say I’m hating the idea of having a comeback. I do wish that we could promote it together though, but I’m definitely ice cold to the idea of having my three unnies taking this kind of risks. Before you ask about the music video, of course we didn’t appear in it, which really is, not all that very surprising.


Me being ice cold to the idea doesn’t really change anything does it? Three of them manage to successfully persuade Nega and their husbands to allow them to promote. And they manage to land slots on music shows. That is simply another level, and not something I think I could pull off. Strength in numbers, I conclude. The compromise was one show a week, which I have to admit is much better than in excess of four shows a week. Logically, they perform on each music show once.

 

The unnies don’t wish to appear on national television in their current state, though to be frank, I see nothing wrong with it. So in their books, appearing is a big deal, though singing is something so insignificant it’s consigned to the label of “merely”. They manage to force a deal with the music show programme directors to allow them to sing behind a white screen, facing away from the audience, with lights going down on them during their solo parts. Unfortunately, that leaves only me perched on chair facing the audience, with the light going off when it’s not my portion. In the waiting room, the contrast is stark, with me in full makeup and stage outfit, while my unnies are in much more casual clothing.

 

The BEG mini album actually fares pretty well commercially despite us only having seriously limited promotions. It looks like our rice bowls still exist, and we may still be able to perform after this.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter